ADVERTISEMENT

Twins/Royals

newAD

Head Coach
Oct 14, 2007
Omaha
Might get ugly. Duensing just hit Gordon, he was replaced and then Graham just hit Rios in the hands on a high fastball. Duensing's wasn't a big deal but Graham's was iffy and Rios was hot.

It also forced in a run. Hard to say if it was intentional. But the league needs to do something. Royals are getting hit at way above record levels, and more than twice as many times as any team in the league.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

I wouldn't think Robin Ventura would ever want things getting physical. His record ain't so great. Nolan beat his A$$ lol.

Bases loaded in a game that wasn't out of reach at that point. No way that was intentional. Rios is an idiot.

Originally posted by BetterRed:
Originally posted by dinglefritz:
Bases loaded in a game that wasn't out of reach at that point. No way that was intentional. Rios is an idiot.
Can you explain how Rios is an idiot?
Staring down the pitcher acting like it was intentional. No way that was intentional. A pitch got away in a pressure situation. Take the walk. Collect your RBI and act like a man instead of a punk. I'm a old Royals fan from childhood and became a fan of the Twins fan as an adult taking my son to Twins games sitting a few rows above Dan Gladden and Kirby Puckett. I root for the Royals if the Twins aren't involved. Love what they've done in KC. Idiot might have been strong but Rios glaring at the pitcher was just silly.

Originally posted by BetterRed:

Can you explain how Rios is an idiot?
Staring down the pitcher acting like it was intentional. No way that was intentional. A pitch got away in a pressure situation. Take the walk. Collect your RBI and act like a man instead of a punk. I'm a old Royals fan from childhood and became a fan of the Twins fan as an adult taking my son to Twins games sitting a few rows above Dan Gladden and Kirby Puckett. I root for the Royals if the Twins aren't involved. Love what they've done in KC. Idiot might have been strong but Rios glaring at the pitcher was just silly.
Hmm.....maybe you saw more than I did......Idk.....but I don't think Rios stared him down that bad, if much at all. However, Rios did have his hand x-rayed, as he had to come out of the game. So it obviously hurt a bit. But I don't know about you, but if I got hit in the hand like he did, I wouldn't have been to happy either.

Originally posted by mattwstash:

White Sox will win the division... Book it!!!
LOL, the sox will have a successful season for them, if they finish ahead of Cleveland for 3rd. I would say it is likely they will finish ahead of the Twins.

The way the standings are today, is the way it will finish
:
1 Royals
2 Tigers
3 Indians
4 White Sox
5 Twins
This post was edited on 4/14 12:39 AM by Husker Hank

The Royals have been hit by pitches more than any other team in Major League Baseball. If I was them, I would be pissed as well.

Not sure why either. I can see doing it to Hosmer and Cain because of their approach at the plate, but it is having the opposite effect. Combined score of the first 7 games is 52-18.

Originally posted by 4.6.3:
Over twice as many Corn. Teams are trying to pound us inside at levels I have never seen.
Was this earlier in the year or am I missing something in the stats? I saw this stat mentioned yesterday and looked it up and saw that Texas had 11 HBP to KC's 10. Today, it's 12-11 KC in the lead.

Team HBP

I thought Texas had 5 last I looked. Nevermind
I hadn't paid any attention to baseball before I saw this thread, so I was just wondering if they got absolutely blasted early on and the numbers were just starting to even out or what it was.

Yeah, my bad. I thought it was Sunday I saw a stat where the Royals had been hit 10 times and the Rangers 5. Both numbers are very high regardless. Not a good idea to put runners on base against the Royals. I think some of it is trying to intimidate a younger team. So far it has had the exact opposite effect. Every move Yost has made has worked out great so far. Moose in the 2 hole was an absolute joke on paper, and he looks like a genius so far for doing it. There is even a new hashtag to accompany #Yosted now. It is #oppoYost

The Royals are playing fantastic baseball. They are fun to watch. Very disciplined at the plate. They almost never K.....ever.

I just heard a stat that with the veteran additions this year, the Royals have the 2nd oldest roster in baseball on average. These teams will have to think twice about coming inside. The Royals pen is full of guys that throw a hundy or right around it.

Man I hope the Royals put a fastball right in a Twin's player back tomorrow. This is complete B$!!!

Plouffe needs a 97 mph fastball from Voquez right in the ear hole, first inning tomorrow night.

Let the bullpen do it later in the game. Herrera, and not at the head. Right in the ribs would be fine. The puss Angels took Trout out of the game on Sunday when the Royals Finally showed signs of not taking the shit anymore.

Let the bullpen do it later in the game. Herrera, and not at the head. Right in the ribs would be fine. The puss Angels took Trout out of the game on Sunday when the Royals Finally showed signs of not taking the shit anymore.
Fudge, Rios was beast mode on my fantasy roster. They better start hitting the opposing teams back to discourage them from doing it. The only way to police it is to retaliate until it calms down.

This post was edited on 4/14 2:34 PM by HuskerBandGeek

I just heard a stat that with the veteran additions this year, the Royals have the 2nd oldest roster in baseball on average. These teams will have to think twice about coming inside. The Royals pen is full of guys that throw a hundy or right around it.

Weren't they one of the youngest last year? Or was that just for the teams in the playoffs?

When you add Frasor, Rios, Morales, and hell even the Rookie Orlando is 29 I think. That will drive your age up quick.

Originally posted by Nate004:

Man I hope the Royals put a fastball right in a Twin's player back tomorrow. This is complete B$!!!
I'm not sure the Twins are worth it. And I also still think the kid that hit Rios didn't do it on purpose. Wasn't he just recently a AA pitcher? And I hate to see a Royals pitcher get a big suspension. Nevertheless, this crap needs to stop. Rios has a fractured hand because of it. Keep this crap up, and I think some retaliation will need to be set.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT