ADVERTISEMENT

Tweet about Gebbia and POB

I can get my index finger and thumb around by wrist too - but I am NOT a skinny dude. I just have giant hands. Speaking of hand size, unlike Trump, my hand size does relate the size of other parts of my body..........

Because I wear size 14 shoes
I now really want to hijack this thread and make it about the correlation between hand/foot size and the male anatomy. But I guess I won’t. Lurk

he's Huuuuuge.
Also, that’s what she said.
ace-ventura-tutu-gif-3.gif

And UCLA was so awesome when he was there....ummm... Never mind.

$100 neither of these dudes start for Nebraska for any meaningful amount of time.

Why? Frost has never had anything other than a dual threat QB. I don't think he will bet his career on a pro style QB. You can say that POB and Gebbia can run.... The reality is that neither ran so we'll they were classified as a dual threat QB out of high school.

Here is what I would bet on: Two years of Joe Burrow followed by Adrian Martinez.

Loser of POB/Gebbia transfer after spring semester. Joe Burrow graduate transfer in May. Winner of POB/Gebbia transfers at some point in August when it becomes apparent that Burrow is going to win the job.

In the off chance Burrow wins the Ohio State job (hardly anyone thinks this is going to happen) and stays, then my money is on the true freshman. He fits what Frost had done in the past more than POB or Gebbia.

So . . . None of our guys could beat out an OSU 2nd-stringer? What kind of crappy recruiter is Frost, anyway?

$100 neither of these dudes start for Nebraska for any meaningful amount of time.

Why? Frost has never had anything other than a dual threat QB. I don't think he will bet his career on a pro style QB. You can say that POB and Gebbia can run.... The reality is that neither ran so we'll they were classified as a dual threat QB out of high school.

Here is what I would bet on: Two years of Joe Burrow followed by Adrian Martinez.

Loser of POB/Gebbia transfer after spring semester. Joe Burrow graduate transfer in May. Winner of POB/Gebbia transfers at some point in August when it becomes apparent that Burrow is going to win the job.

In the off chance Burrow wins the Ohio State job (hardly anyone thinks this is going to happen) and stays, then my money is on the true freshman. He fits what Frost had done in the past more than POB or Gebbia.
Well I believe POB ran a spread offense in high school and actually had 700 yards rushing in his senior year. Better stats than some of our RBs last year. :Cool:

ok but Burrow was listed as Pro Style coming out of HS.

Gebbia was not allowed by his coach to run. POB actually ran for 655 yards his senior year. Guess that kind of blows your theory out of the water for the reasoning they were called pro style QB's!

There’s to many hoping Gebbia fails or doesn’t have what it takes to run what Frost wants. Why is no one giving Frost credit, do you not think if Gebbia is the best QB next year, that he won’t adjust his offense some to match Gebbias strengths? That is known I happen, happens all around the NCAA. And that clip, they both look to have good releases but Gebbia definitely has some zip on his throws. Yes, it was one single throw, but it was ace. There was a reason all the the top colleges wanted him out of high school. And I have seen a ton of skinny QBs play in D1. Most times there in the 200’s but there has been plenty of 190 QBs that started and done well for D1 teams. My moneys on Gebbia.

do you not think if Gebbia is the best QB next year, that he won’t adjust his offense some to match Gebbias strengths?.

Kind of takes some of the teeth out of a system if a player isnt fit for it, right? Thats not to say Gebbia isnt capable because none of us really know but square pegs in round holes never work..

Kind of takes some of the teeth out of a system if a player isnt fit for it, right? Thats not to say Gebbia isnt capable because none of us really know but square pegs in round holes never work..

thank God we haven't lost the square peg round hole saying....

@tad2001 ...so are we on or not? If I win, $100 the charity of my choice, if you win, do whatever you want with the bill. Of course, you already told me it's a lock, so it should be easy money for you, right?

Gebbia will likely be the starter next fall. I do not think this is surprising.

Reactions: chrsmneric
Why would we when we’ve been in that position on more than one occasion.

You are assuming Gebbia or POB is a square peg.

You can look at how Frost has tweaked the offense to fit his QBs in the past. Not all of them were the same. He has even alluded to it on several occasions. Yet There are still discussions on here about how they don’t fit.

Reactions: headcard
You are assuming Gebbia or POB is a square peg.

You can look at how Frost has tweaked the offense to fit his QBs in the past. Not all of them were the same. He has even alluded to it on several occasions. Yet There are still discussions on here about how they don’t fit.

You assume that I assume they dont fit. I said square pegs in round holes dont work out too well, I didnt call either qb a square peg. If they cant do some of the things that are required then they would be a square peg but none of us actually know what these kids can do.

Gebbia is a decent runner but B10 LBs are going to snap him in half unless he learns how to slide 5 yards ahead of a defender.

There’s to many hoping Gebbia fails or doesn’t have what it takes to run what Frost wants. Why is no one giving Frost credit, do you not think if Gebbia is the best QB next year, that he won’t adjust his offense some to match Gebbias strengths? That is known I happen, happens all around the NCAA. And that clip, they both look to have good releases but Gebbia definitely has some zip on his throws. Yes, it was one single throw, but it was ace. There was a reason all the the top colleges wanted him out of high school. And I have seen a ton of skinny QBs play in D1. Most times there in the 200’s but there has been plenty of 190 QBs that started and done well for D1 teams. My moneys on Gebbia.

Not even sure where to start with this one. I personally don't care who Coach Frost starts at QB. Some of the reasoning for or against is interesting to say the least.

Again, how you can get so much out of that small clip is beyond me. I am guessing you don't know what a "release" is. It is the time he sees the receiver and then delivers the ball, not just while it is in his hand. Since you didn't see a receiver, not sure how you know that. He may very well have a great release, but we will know more in live action, not a clip. Maybe you can share with us a "ton" of skinny D 1 QB's who run the ball and are under 200 lbs. Big difference between a 200 lb QB that is 6' and one that is 6'5". It is the frame that the weight is spread over.

I actually like Gebbia a lot. Put all of these guys in the new Frost system and I would have no idea how they will show up. Frost is going to have to decide how much he wants to change the O to fit the QB or go with all the O and work with the QB to catch up sooner or later.

I am just looking forward to the competition and how it translates to wins next season.

Reactions: Nebraskakid555
It's going to be funny as hell watching heads explode on here when Frost has Gebbia slinging the ball all over the field this fall. Of course some on here will also change their tune and be ALL IN on this high octane offense and who cares about running the damn ball....

It's going to be funny as hell watching heads explode on here when Frost has Gebbia slinging the ball all over the field this fall. Of course some on here will also change their tune and be ALL IN on this high octane offense and who cares about running the damn ball....

Oh yeah, fluff-ball has been awesome with Clownahan & "Smiling Mike" with their "high octane" offense. Especially when we're down 3 or more TDs at halftime.....we roll up the stats big-time vs their water boys!

Love it!

You'll be one of the first sucking up to this new high octane throw 30 plus times a game offense.

Yeah, the same stuff I heard how unstoppable NU would be with Clownahan & "Smiling Mike". Only four losing seasons in seven "high octane" years.....terrific!!

But as great as those two "high octane" HCs were, I'm betting the ranch that Frost knows full well that establishing the run is priority #1. We'll see.....

It is very informative if you actually watch some games that SF has coached. It might be instructive and help you figure out whether or not he runs the ball. It is a few simple clicks away on youtube.

Frost's offenses run the ball.

Out of about 130 teams:

2017: UCF passed 32.8 times / game. 61st most in FCS.
2016: UCF passed 34.3 times / game. 43rd most in FCS.

2017: UCF ran 38.7 times / game 54th most in FCS.
2016: UCF ran 39.3 times / game. 65th most in FCS.

I'd classify that offense as balanced AF.

At Oregon:

2015: Oregon passed 29.2 times / game for 95th most in FCS
2014: Oregon passed 31.1 times / game for 78th most in FCS

2015: Oregon ran 46.8 times / game for 14th in FCS
2014: Oregon ran 44.1 times / game for 24th in FCS

I think everyone on here will be onboard with whoever is the best option selected by the coaching staff.

That probably won't be someone who was labeled as a pro-style QB by unbiased folks.

@tad2001 ...so are we on or not? If I win, $100 the charity of my choice, if you win, do whatever you want with the bill. Of course, you already told me it's a lock, so it should be easy money for you, right?

Sure. Bookmark it. Come back to it and reach out. If POB or Gebbia starts more than three games at Nebraska, I will donate $100 to a charity of your choice.

Reactions: HuskerDana
Scott? Dang you’re on a first name basis with the coach. Cool. I guess you know best.

I believe “Scott” wants to win immediately at Nebraska and if Gebbia or POB provide that for him they will win the job.

I agree 100% with you. I also hope that one of them starts if they are the best option. I don't think that POB or Gebbia fit the long or short term goals of this team and offense.

I don't know anything more than anyone else on here, but I try to not act condescending towards others. I discuss what makes sense based on the known facts.

I can't find a QB Frost has worked with that was labeled a pro-style QB by the recruiting services. He seems to prefer dual threat QBs. I am sure he will play the best option.

I am guessing that the best option for 2018 and beyond is Adrian Martinez or Joe Burrow. I am fairly confident about it - enough to put my money where my mouth is.

I could certainly be wrong.

Last edited:
That probably won't be someone who was labeled as a pro-style QB by unbiased folks.

In all fairness Max Duggan is listed as a pro style by Rivals and he’s most certainly a dual threat QB. I’m not saying Gebbia is in the same boat as Duggan but it’s an example of labels and how much they can mean.

Sure. Bookmark it. Come back to it and reach out. If POB or Gebbia starts more than three games at Nebraska, I will donate $100 to a charity of your choice.

Kudos to you for standing behind your statement. I am with you, I hope that the player that gives us the best chance to win will be given the reigns. So far, I firmly believe that player is TG. You never know, that could change.

Reactions: tad2001

I am not a betting man but they would have to start four games since that is more than three. And it is either/or, not both.

I looked at the hudl film for all the quarterbacks SF offered, and I didn't have an instant warm and fuzzy feeling, like I did when I did the same for the RB prospects. After going through them again, it dawned on me, what I think he is looking for is more about intangibles.

For example, take a look at Garrett Shrader's film. His passing fundamentals made me queasy to say the least, but watch how he makes plays regardless.

Then take a look at John Plumtree, a guy I really like. Says he is 6' 0" But watching him sure reminds me a bit of Crouch. The kid just makes plays.

So in my opinion, for SF, the QB position is more about being a playmaker than anything else. This is why I also believe Gebbia has the best shot at winning the job.

To me, it seems it has little to do with how well you pass, or even how well you run. It's about being a playmaker, a baller, whatever you want to call it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT