ADVERTISEMENT

Tweet about Gebbia and POB

Gebbia has a ton of zip on his throws. Not worried about his weight. Josh Rosen always looked like a twig to me and he's going to be a top 5 pick this April

Rosen wasnt playing in a spread option offense.

Gebbias footwork looked better than POB’s to me..

Reactions: BroskiRed
God love Gebbia, he's got a frame that makes me look thick and I can get my index finger and thumb all the way around my wrist with room to spare. He'll be fine, people make too much of the idea that a player's weight is gonna directly tie to whether or not he gets injured. It's not like they're gonna line him up and tell him to go throw his shoulder into an LB.

POB out there looking just a shade thin to play TE lol.

Reactions: kakdawg and gw2kpro
God love Gebbia, he's got a frame that makes me look thick and I can get my index finger and thumb all the way around my wrist with room to spare. He'll be fine, people make too much of the idea that a player's weight is gonna directly tie to whether or not he gets injured. It's not like they're gonna line him up and tell him to go throw his shoulder into an LB.

POB out there looking just a shade thin to play TE lol.

I can get my index finger and thumb around by wrist too - but I am NOT a skinny dude. I just have giant hands. Speaking of hand size, unlike Trump, my hand size does relate the size of other parts of my body..........

Because I wear size 14 shoes

Gebbia has a ton of zip on his throws. Not worried about his weight. Josh Rosen always looked like a twig to me and he's going to be a top 5 pick this April

And UCLA was so awesome when he was there....ummm... Never mind.

$100 neither of these dudes start for Nebraska for any meaningful amount of time.

Why? Frost has never had anything other than a dual threat QB. I don't think he will bet his career on a pro style QB. You can say that POB and Gebbia can run.... The reality is that neither ran so we'll they were classified as a dual threat QB out of high school.

Here is what I would bet on: Two years of Joe Burrow followed by Adrian Martinez.

Loser of POB/Gebbia transfer after spring semester. Joe Burrow graduate transfer in May. Winner of POB/Gebbia transfers at some point in August when it becomes apparent that Burrow is going to win the job.

In the off chance Burrow wins the Ohio State job (hardly anyone thinks this is going to happen) and stays, then my money is on the true freshman. He fits what Frost had done in the past more than POB or Gebbia.

Last edited:
I am always impressed with what people learn from a very short video clip. Whose footwork was better and how much weight they have put on or taken off.

Based on this evidence POB is clearly the starter and will be all B1G. :) People see what they want to see in anything.

$100 neither of these dudes start for Nebraska for any meaningful amount of time.

Why? Frost has never had anything other than a dual threat QB. I don't think he will bet his career on a pro style QB. You can say that POB and Gebbia can run.... The reality is that neither ran so we'll they were classified as a dual threat QB out of high school.

Here is what I would bet on: Two years of Joe Burrow followed by Adrian Martinez.

Loser of POB/Gebbia transfer after spring semester. Joe Burrow graduate transfer in May. Winner of POB/Gebbia transfers at some point in August when it becomes apparent that Burrow is going to win the job.

In the off chance Burrow wins the Ohio State job (hardly anyone thinks this is going to happen) and stays, then my money is on the true freshman. He fits what Frost had done in the past more than POB or Gebbia.

Actually O'Brien ran quite a bit in high school. Both ran shotgun spread offenses. Gebbia didn't run much in high school because he really didn't have to with all of the stud receivers they had, and his coach didn't want him to get hurt. I think he has the athleticism to make plays with his feet. Whether he's durable enough is the question.

Actually O'Brien ran quite a bit in high school. Both ran shotgun spread offenses. Gebbia didn't run much in high school because he really didn't have to with all of the stud receivers they had, and his coach didn't want him to get hurt. I think he has the athleticism to make plays with his feet. Whether he's durable enough is the question.

the problem is that some people are so ready to get rid of anything that has Mike Riley's hands on it that they will disregard even the words of HCSF.

Actually O'Brien ran quite a bit in high school. Both ran shotgun spread offenses. Gebbia didn't run much in high school because he really didn't have to with all of the stud receivers they had, and his coach didn't want him to get hurt. I think he has the athleticism to make plays with his feet. Whether he's durable enughgh is the question.

Again, he ran so well they classified him as a pro-style QB. He is almost certainly not that mobile. Running against high school players is not running against D-1 athletes.

They aren't dual threat QBs for a reason.

Again, he ran so well they classified him as a pro-style QB. He is almost certainly not that mobile. Running against high school players is not running against D-1 athletes.

Adam Carriker said in the World-Herald that Gebbia ran a 4.59 40. I'm not sure what his source was, but Gebbia is definitely not slow. He was classified as a pro-style QB mostly because his high school coach literally wouldn't let him run the ball to risk injury:

Adam Carriker said in the World-Herald that Gebbia ran a 4.59 40. I'm not sure what his source was, but Gebbia is definitely not slow. He was classified as a pro-style QB mostly because his high school coach literally wouldn't let him run the ball to risk injury:

4.59 40 probably didnt happen but he definitely doesnt have concrete blocks for feet..

Also, that offense the ran is nothing like what Frost runs.

If that is Gebbia looking bigger, what did he start at? POB looks like a left guard standing next to Gebbia.

He hasn't gained a ton of weight, but I can definitely tell a difference from this:
5891478bc4efd.image.jpg

Also heard he grew another inch or so. Like i said, I'm excited to see all of our QB's this spring and how they all look in this new offense. May the best man win.

check back when Gebbia is running the offense this coming year.....

I can get my index finger and thumb around by wrist too - but I am NOT a skinny dude. I just have giant hands. Speaking of hand size, unlike Trump, my hand size does relate the size of other parts of my body..........

Because I wear size 14 shoes
Size 8 fitted baseball cap?

Crap, I just watched his HS film. He not just running against high school players, he was also throwing against high school players. Do we even know if he can throw????

Joe Burrow?

I’m glad you think so highly of the Husker program that you predict a guy who isn’t even part of the team will be our QB next year. A guy who hasn’t been good enough to beat out, what will this be, 4 different QBs who have started games over him @ tOSU.

I’ll support who ever but IMO Gebbia and POB are a lot better than your giving them credit for.

Reactions: huskerssalts
I’m glad you think so highly of the Husker program that you predict a guy who isn’t even part of the team will be our QB next year. A guy who hasn’t been good enough to beat out, what will this be, 4 different QBs who have started games over him? Yep, I’m putting all my eggs in the JB basket or a true freshman whose coming off of an injury after being out of football for 1 year.

I’ll support who ever but IMO Gebbia and POB are a lot better than your giving them credit for.

Careful Tad and "Scott" are like PB&J.

Deal. I'll take that bet.

Michael Vick could have played in a pro style offense in HS with occasional running and be labeled a pro style qb.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT