ADVERTISEMENT

TV alert Garden City 7PM Central

I thought Mills was very impressive. He earned every inch of those 70 yards. I think he will fill in Ozigbo’s role nicely. And I guess Watts is learning to run block, so that’s a positive.

Reactions: HuskerLLM
I thought Mills was very impressive. He earned every inch of those 70 yards. I think he will fill in Ozigbo’s role nicely. And I guess Watts is learning to run block, so that’s a positive.
Just watched it tape delayed. I didn’t see what you saw. Not even close to Ozigbo’s power but admittedly no holes to run through. What a crap offense.

He's not nearly as big or fast as Ozigbo from what I've seen. Their other running back would seem to be a better fit for this offense.

Lol, I remember hearing the same things about Devine. Too slow, etc...how about we get the kid to campus and see if the strength and conditioning program can do the same for him as it did for Ozigbo. Geez
Exactly what I was thinking, a lot of the very same things were being said about Ozigbo ever since Frost was hired.

Exactly what I was thinking, a lot of the very same things were being said about Ozigbo ever since Frost was hired.

Some of the same things were being said by Frost and company at the start of the season .. oz was well behind Bell

in fact I think a coach when speaking of Oz stated something to the fact that if the the play was going to get zero yards Oz would get you 5 and if the play was going to get 20 yards Oz would get you 5.

Devine proved this coaching staff wrong as much as he did the fan base ... kudos, however to the staff for remaining open minded and not being hardfast in their initial assessment

Last edited:
Lol, I remember hearing the same things about Devine. Too slow, etc...how about we get the kid to campus and see if the strength and conditioning program can do the same for him as it did for Ozigbo. Geez

True, but people said our last JUCO running back (Bell) was fast and he wasn't, even after a year in our strength and conditioning program.

That’s awefully old for a high school kid.
giphy.gif

Reactions: Bremser
LOL on the Mills hand wringing, the guy ran for over 700 yards and 12 TDs as a true frosh in the ACC and was preseason all conference heading to his Soph year

A LOT different than Bell...Mills has already put in on film in a P5 conf

Reactions: 9and4 and headcard
ADVERTISEMENT