ADVERTISEMENT

Tunnel Walk Music....What you got?

In the Air Tonight by Phil Collins.
NO! They played this during warmups back in 2007 (and probably other years). This reminds me of getting curbstomped by Oklahoma State and Texas A&M at home.

Worst home loss in 49 years

20071013__20071014_B13_SP14FBCNEBRASKAp1.jpg

Actually, my bad. I had a brain fart. The Benny Hill song is Yakkity Sax, not Yakkity Yak. So your assumption was correct about the Coasters.
At least we were thinking about the same song! BTW, what game were you coming back for? I remember you said you were coming for one.

At least we were thinking about the same song! BTW, what game were you coming back for? I remember you said you were coming for one.
This year, sadly, not until the Michigan State game. Usually I am there for the opener. But this year I committed to doing a whole pig roast for my wife's family this weekend. Bad decision.

I don't care what song or songs we use. I just want the old Sirius thing to change. It is stale and was never original to us anyway. I just want, whatever song we pick, to be something loud, energetic, and menacing, all at the same time. I want it to be a song that can really, really get the place rocking. Not clapping. I mean jump-around type rocking. I have always thought the tunnel walk was too sedate, too polite. This isn't Hail Varsity time where we all clap in unison. This is a time to be out-of-our-brains crazy.
This

Reactions: Pennsyhusker
I heard someone once making a legit psy-op out of the Tunnel Walk and getting some clinical psychologists involved in its development. I like that idea.

I heard someone once making a legit psy-op out of the Tunnel Walk and getting some clinical psychologists involved in its development. I like that idea.
Nice. We should paint our locker room pink. I heard that it calms the opposing team before they come out onto the field.
Kenny-Bell-game-winner-300x199.jpg

What's up with all the ACDC - this is Nebraska Football, not a wresting meet at Nebraska City.

What's up with all the ACDC - this is Nebraska Football, not a wresting meet at Nebraska City.

Yeah, it's going to be something the modern-day players like, not something even older than Sirius like ACDC.

Moos talked about honoring the past but also creating the future. So my guess is that it will be a mash-up of different songs, starting with "Sirius" and then transitioning into modern-day hip hop ("hip hop hogwash" as the blue hairs like to say).

Yeah, it's going to be something the modern-day players like, not something even older than Sirius like ACDC.

Moos talked about honoring the past but also creating the future. So my guess is that it will be a mash-up of different songs, starting with "Sirius" and then transitioning into modern-day hip hop ("hip hop hogwash" as the blue hairs like to say).

It's more about good loud music vs. any of the crap they make these days. To preface I am only 33 and the music in this day and age is shit.

PS... This will bring all the hipsters out of the woodwork defending this crap.

It's more about good loud music vs. any of the crap they make these days. To preface I am only 33 and the music in this day and age is shit.

PS... This will bring all the hipsters out of the woodwork defending this crap.
I'm 52 and also a musician and own a DJ buisness and have for going on 26 years and I know what appeals to all ages, that song has plenty of umph and would be well excepted by all. Listen to the words of it.

I'm 52 and also a musician and own a DJ buisness and have for going on 26 years and I know what appeals to all ages, that song has plenty of umph and would be well excepted by all. Listen to the words of it.
Problem is nobody gonna be listening to words. Whatever is played needs to be more about the instrumental.

Reactions: oldjar07
no leaf clover.
heard it driving home tonight...gave me a chill

I may get crucified for saying this but if you want to get the place rocking they should let the students decide.
Today's music is rather weak. Maybe it'll get the students pumped up for a season, but it'll be old and boring by the next season. Almost certainly wouldn't be as timeless as Sirius has been.

This for when we are moving the ball with a good running attack..

Just a great song that should be played at least once every football game..

For when the sun starts peeking through the clouds, and the rain stops...

they said in the journal star there a new tunnel walk, not sure whats changed, you have to subscribe or something...thats what the headline said

Yeah, Cheap Trick will definitely get things going. Or The Pretenders. Better yet, why not something from The Cars. :confused:

They could play a couple of Replacements songs. "Can't Hardly Wait" would be appropriate thirty minutes before kickoff. Alex Chilton would be a fine tunnel walk song. Though, I suppose these would work better for Minnesota.

Reactions: c2o and Hoosker Du
Yeah, Cheap Trick will definitely get things going. Or The Pretenders. Better yet, why not something from The Cars. :confused:

Actually, the Cars would probably go over very well. Probably better than Cheap Trick, Tool, or The Pretenders. :D

ADVERTISEMENT