ADVERTISEMENT

Tulane QB

Stingrayred

Jun 22, 2001
I talked to an Army buddy of mine this evening that was the president of the Tulane Booster Club for years. He tells me the kid is a great kid from a very good family. The reason he is transferring has been discussed on this board today so no need to go there. He told me that he is only a pocket passer and we can forget about him doing any running. He said the Tulane line simply could not protect him so he did not do great the past two years. He thinks LSU will try to get him to walk on and not offer a free ride. My friend tells me that he is a legit 6' - 4" and 215 lbs, a good worker, and certainly no character issues. I am not offering much but the info comes from someone that has at least met him. GBR

Appreciate the insight. QB is one position you can never have too many of. All it takes is a one or two injuries and you go from Playoff contender to hoping for 10 wins as Baylor found out.

I talked to an Army buddy of mine this evening that was the president of the Tulane Booster Club for years. He tells me the kid is a great kid from a very good family. The reason he is transferring has been discussed on this board today so no need to go there. He told me that he is only a pocket passer and we can forget about him doing any running. He said the Tulane line simply could not protect him so he did not do great the past two years. He thinks LSU will try to get him to walk on and not offer a free ride. My friend tells me that he is a legit 6' - 4" and 215 lbs, a good worker, and certainly no character issues. I am not offering much but the info comes from someone that has at least met him. GBR

23 TDs and 21 INTs does not impress me. If he wants to walk on great but I wouldn't spend a schollie.

I think he's a candidate to get a scholarship because he has a higher floor. If O'Brien isn't up for the job in 2017 or if he gets injured, you've got a guy ready behind him who could step in and help you win some games. Is he better than Bush and Darlington? Certainly. QB is such an important position that, if a scholarship is still available, it's not a bad idea to bring a transfer in for 2 years to play one year even if he projects to be #2.

Reactions: arf_man

I actually think you have offered some good info, personal insite on recruits is difficult to come by and honest eval is appreciated.

Like some others I am a little wary of the TD/Int ratio but will take a step back and trust Riley and Langs eval, which I believe is the best at the QB position since TO.

Thanks for posting

Reactions: Mtnhusker
If he stepped on campus last spring and was eligible to play right away..is it a stretch to say he'd be an upgrade to every other back-up we have and damn well worth the spot? If that answer is yes, then he's worth bringing on........ last season. If we plan to have a better back-up(s) in 2 years, then IDK, seems like we should be able to do better IMO.

Weird how it's been so long since we've had an outstanding QB. Hopefully that changes when POB steps foot on the field.

I actually think you have offered some good info, personal insite on recruits is difficult to come by and honest eval is appreciated.

Like some others I am a little wary of the TD/Int ratio but will take a step back and trust Riley and Langs eval, which I believe is the best at the QB position since TO.

Thanks for posting
Its hard to complete passes from you backside.

23 TDs and 21 INTs does not impress me. If he wants to walk on great but I wouldn't spend a schollie.

Have you seen any film on him, or just looking at stats?

Tulane was 110 in scoring D and 70th in sacks allowed. I'm going to take an educated guess that with a 3-9 record, they were behind a lot, and had to throw a lot, the other team likely knew that and he was pressured a lot.

When you are behind a lot, you have to take chances and maybe make throws you wouldn't want to when ahead, and that means some get picked. I can deal with that a heck of a lot better than INTs thrown directly to an unseen defender, or a lobbed duck that is up for grabs.

I haven't seen any film the kid, but I would sure hope Riley and Langsdorf have. If they think he is a fit for them, that is what is important.

Its hard to complete passes from you backside.
No doubt. Every situation a player is in, is different. If the coaches want him, that's good enough for me. The kid played 19 straight games as a Freshman and Sophomore. Maybe they think he had the tools to be a good one in a better offense with superior coaching. They will figure it out.

No doubt. Every situation a player is in, is different. If the coaches want him, that's good enough for me. The kid played 19 straight games as a Freshman and Sophomore. Maybe they think he had the tools to be a good one in a better offense with superior coaching. They will figure it out.
we know Riley and Langsdorf highly value game experience. He's played against some reasonably good competition and his film would be way more valuable than a JUCO QB's film.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT