ADVERTISEMENT

Tuesday: Nebraska vs. Kansas State (Huskers win 6-1)

We step closer every year but still the lull. Hopefully this is the year we avoid the lull all together. This year does have a different feel though because of our pitching staff, so far anyways.
Been generally pretty happy with the bullpen. Seems so much better than DE's early years here.

Been generally pretty happy with the bullpen. Seems so much better than DE's early years here.
They had a hole to dig out of that's for sure. They have more talent and roster management is getting better. They still tend to take too long to warm a pitcher up but they seem to at least be getting better in that department.

The problem last year was scoring 1, 2, 0 and 1 runs in the postseason.
1-9 it seems we are better built this year. Last year was just weird. Boldt pretty much goes hitless and not to knock that senior class but they usually played above their talent most of the year. The better hitters returned for sure.

1-9 it seems we are better built this year. Last year was just weird. Boldt pretty much goes hitless and not to knock that senior class but they usually played above their talent most of the year. The better hitters returned for sure.
Feel pretty confident saying this is DE's best roster.

Feel pretty confident saying this is DE's best roster.
Looking at the roster at the end of last season I felt the same. Also why they don't really have the excuse not to perform well this year. They started out slow but have hit the stride we few expected.

I still feel regional host isn't an unrealistic expectation. Especially considering how much the NCAA wants a quality northern facility to host a regional. They won't require the high RPI to host based on that alone, just a respectable RPI is all. Just as long as we continue what we are doing and will most likely need to win the conference title.

Reactions: k9_r
why do they pitch to Miller?
Was going to mention this the other day but this seems like a good place for it.

Anyone notice what Mississippi St's Brent Rooker did last week?

So who is he? Well, nationally he ranks...
2nd - Batting average (.448 on 125 ABs)
2nd - Doubles (19)
2nd - Hits (56)
2nd - Home Runs (15)
3rd - OBP (.548)
1st - RBIs (56)
1st - SLG% (1.008)
1st - Total Bases (126)

Having a helluva year. And what did he do last week?

Hit .625 with a double, six homers, five walks, three hit by pitches and 13 RBIs. He also had a 1.813 slugging percentage and .750 on-base percentage.

As Kendall Rogers said: "Honestly, I’ve been covering this sport since the late 1990s and can’t seem to remember a more ridiculous couple of weeks than what Rooker has put together. It’s hard to imagine that Rooker keeps up the current pace the entire season, but as we’re past the midseason mark, you never know. It’s been special to watch, that’s for sure."

Why ever do they pitch to this guy???

6 freaking home runs? What juice does this guy take? I wonder how many major league teams wish they could sign him tomorrow.

Looking at the roster at the end of last season I felt the same. Also why they don't really have the excuse not to perform well this year. They started out slow but have hit the stride we few expected.

I still feel regional host isn't an unrealistic expectation. Especially considering how much the NCAA wants a quality northern facility to host a regional. They won't require the high RPI to host based on that alone, just a respectable RPI is all. Just as long as we continue what we are doing and will most likely need to win the conference title.

I like this thinking and am pretty pumped up about what could be but I would allow myself to get too excited as I have seen what has happened in the past towards the end of the season. I would love to be proven wrong.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT