ADVERTISEMENT

Tuesday: Nebraska vs. Indiana State (Huskers win 10-4)

RobsterMobster

Administrator
Jan 5, 2010
GBR!

will be updating score only and any major highlights since I am getting some work done! :cool:

Engelken is starting today

Top 3rd

Fish with a flare single to RF, Schlepp pops up to SS, Fish with an infield single to put runners on 1st and 2nd. Boldt flies out to CF, Placzek walks to load the bases, Miller K's to end the inning.

Bottom 3rd

Leadoff double, ground out and a walk puts runners on the corners. Line out to RF, runners hold. WP scores a run and moves another to 2nd. K ends the inning.

Top 7th

Boldt singles, Placzek with a 2 run HR!!! Miller flew out, Schreiber singles and then steals 2nd. Meyers grounds out, Schreiber holds at 2nd. Schreiber just ran to 3rd base because the pitcher was literally not paying attention, very funny way to steal a base. Alvarado walks to put runners on the corners.

Have to leave in the middle of an inning but will update the score as soon as I can gents!

Was hoping for at the least 1 win vs Indiana St. Good start...they should end up with a decent RPI. Purdue is looking like a team we need to sweep. They are pretty bad.

Was hoping for at the least 1 win vs Indiana St. Good start...they should end up with a decent RPI. Purdue is looking like a team we need to sweep. They are pretty bad.

I usually hate to say a sweep is required because baseball is so fickle but you are right. Really need to sweep Purdue on the road to get the extra RPI points for a road win to offset the horrible RPI by a Big Ten Team that should just get rid of their baseball program at this point.

Two home runs in the 7th and one was the Big Kahuna. That's muscle.

Very satisfying win.

Do we know who is throwing today? King or Meyer? Would be very nice to get the midweek sweep vs a solid team.

Do we know who is throwing today? King or Meyer? Would be very nice to get the midweek sweep vs a solid team.

From what it sounds like Meyers will be starting as long as his finger feels ok after getting hit last week. I think they like the idea of Meyers starting since they like his focus to be on offense and defense for those weekend series. Otherwise I would guess King would start but be limited to a pitch count.

Reveles!!!
Grand Slam
First Husker Grand Slam since 2010 (???)
What a awesome 7th inning, Huskers!

Finish these road series strong!
Go Big Red!
I don't know if there's been one since but Rich Sanguinetti hit one against Cal in Erstad's first year (2012).

ADVERTISEMENT