ADVERTISEMENT

Tuesday: Nebraska vs. Creighton (Huskers win 8-2)

BTW we all noticed, I'm sure, Creighton is now a ranked team. 28th in the CBN poll.

BTW we all noticed, I'm sure, Creighton is now a ranked team. 28th in the CBN poll.
Playing some good ball after their opening weekend. But now it's time to put them in their place

Bottom 1st

Boldt singles and steals 2nd. Placzek walks. Miller grounds out but the runners advance to 2nd and 3rd. Schreiber K's for out #2. Meyers out to end the inning.

Bottom 2nd

2 out walk for Schlepp. Rev singles past SS to put runners on 1st and 2nd. Boldt with a 3 RBI line drive Homerun!!! Pop fly by Placzek to end the inning.

Top 3rd

Leadoff walk, fly out to RF. Knutson experiment is done as Reece is in to pitch. A double puts runners on 2nd and 3rd. Sac fly to RF, two outs. Wild pitch moves the runner to 3rd. Ground out to pitcher to end the threat.

Bottom 3rd

Two out single to RF for Meyers. Dilday flies out to SS to end the inning.

Bottom 4th

2 out single for Rev. Pitching change for CU. Boldt walks. Double steal puts runners on 2nd and 3rd. Placzek walks. Miller HBP RBI as Rev scores. Schreiber with a 2 RBI single to RF!!! Puts runners on the corners! Meyers K's to end the inning.

Bottom 5th

Dilday with a leadoff single. Wilkening grounds into a FC as Dilday is out at 2nd. WP moves the runner to 2nd. Schlepp grounds out to 1st, runner advances to 3rd. Rev with an RBI double down the LF line!!! Pitching change for CU. Boldt flies out to RF for out #3.

Our offense is really making the Creighton pitchers work tonight. Lots of foul balls. Keep it up fellas. GO BIG RED

Six of our hits came with two outs and we are 3/9 with RISP right now.

Top 6th

Garett King now in to pitch. One out single followed by a walk. 4-6-3 double play ends the threat!

Bottom 6th

Leadoff Walk by Placzek. Miller grounds out to pitcher it advances the runner to 2nd. Schreiber grounds out to 3rd. Meyers grounds out to 2nd to end the inning.

Top 7th

Back to back singles to start the inning. Ground out to 1st advances the runners to 2nd and 3rd. K's the next batter! Fly out ends the threat!

Bottom 7th

Luis in to pinch hit and is robbed of a hit up the middle. Wilkening flies out to CF. Schlepp singles to RF and Creighton with yet another pitching change, color me shocked. Schlepp steals 2nd. Rev K's to end the inning.

Bottom 8th

Boldt with a leadoff smash into the RF win for a HR!!! Placzek grounds out to SS. Miller grounds out to 1st. Schreiber with a double to LF but is caught in a pickle to end the inning.

Top 9th

King in to finish this game. One out double for CU. ground out to 2nd advances the runner to 3rd with two outs. Infield RBI single for CU. pop out ends the game.

Huskers win 8-2!

Reactions: OmahaSker
Just got home from the game. Always good to beat Creighton and give Eddy some hell. If I can say that here. Good game. Let's keep it rolling Huskers!

I'm just letting that soak in for a minute....
Nebraska Baseball with a RPI of 29

Even more reason for the team to keep their foot on the gas pedal.
Go Big Red!!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT