Tucker Carlson makes up some weirdo story about how the NSA is spying on him...

scopeandtime

Nebraska Football Hall of Fame
Gold Member
Jul 3, 2016
So we’re firing up the Obama pursuit of journalists? I’m sure libs will look past this overreach of government power, but the 1st and 4th Amendment are still the law of the land.

Also, you can’t look me in the eyes and tell me with a straight face that you think a journalist asking for an interview with a foreign dignitary is the same as someone spying on America or colluding with terrorists. You libs are out of your mind.
Yeah, I can't look at you in the eyes because this is a message board. Please stop being silly.

Hardlyboy

Offensive Coordinator
Gold Member
Jan 26, 2011
So then why would it be OK for the government to pursue a journalist contacting a foreign dignitary for an interview?
Derp. Read the thread. No one spied on Tuck. His name was mentioned between two third parties and was unmasked to see who they were talking about.

Oldschool1964

Offensive Coordinator
Gold Member
Jun 27, 2009
Your mom's house
Derp. Read the thread. No one spied on Tuck. His name was mentioned between two third parties and was unmasked to see who they were talking about.
Hold on, the whistle blower said that he repeated information from Tucker’s texts and emails. That isn’t “two third parties”, that’s an American citizen’s private communications.

Reactions: Bobfather

scopeandtime

Gold Member
Jul 3, 2016
Hold on, the whistle blower said that he repeated information from Tucker’s texts and emails. That isn’t “two third parties”, that’s an American citizen’s private communications.

Yeah, Tuck was lying.

Hardlyboy

Offensive Coordinator
Gold Member
Jan 26, 2011

Tucker lies a lot. Remember that part where Fox argued in court not to believe him?

Reactions: Gonzo3705

scopeandtime

Gold Member
Jul 3, 2016
I’ll believe Tucker over the NSA any day.
giphy.gif

EriktheRed

Offensive Coordinator
Gold Member
Jul 1, 2001
Their lawyer said no *reasonable* person should believe what he says. And well.. trumpers aren't reasonable.
Fox won the lawsuit

The main reason is he was stating his opinion on an opinion show You get how opinions work right?

https://law.justia.com/cases/federal/district-courts/new-york/nysdce/1:2019cv11161/527808/39/

Now do the same test on the CNN and MSNBC shows that stated Donald Trump absolutely was an agent of Russia as a fact and not saying "I think he is".

Reactions: lipem and Bobfather

lolwat

Senior
Gold Member
Sep 8, 2016
Fox won the lawsuit

The main reason is he was stating his opinion on an opinion show You get how opinions work right?

https://law.justia.com/cases/federal/district-courts/new-york/nysdce/1:2019cv11161/527808/39/

Now do the same test on the CNN and MSNBC shows that stated Donald Trump absolutely was an agent of Russia as a fact and not saying "I think he is".

Yes I understand opinion shows and Trumpers and white nationalists take Tucker as fact and not opinion. That's why they won the lawsuit because no reasonable person would do that. Trumpers and white nationalists are not reasonable.

Reactions: tb233 and Hardlyboy

EriktheRed

Offensive Coordinator
Gold Member
Jul 1, 2001
Yes I understand opinion shows and Trumpers and white nationalists take Tucker as fact and not opinion. That's why they won the lawsuit because no reasonable person would do that. Trumpers and white nationalists are not reasonable.
Dude, it's extremely simple. The standard for suing someone over their opinion vs fact is different. The difference between a fact and an opinion is taught to little kids and you still aren't getting the concept.

Reactions: lipem

lolwat

Senior
Gold Member
Sep 8, 2016
Dude, it's extremely simple. The standard for suing someone over their opinion vs fact is different. The difference between a fact and an opinion is taught to little kids and you still aren't getting the concept.

Oh I get the concept. Trumpers and white nationalists are having difficulty with Tucker as they really take him seriously, when no reasonable person should as suggested by Fox News lawyers.

EriktheRed

Offensive Coordinator
Gold Member
Jul 1, 2001
Oh I get the concept. Trumpers and white nationalists are having difficulty with Tucker as they really take him seriously, when no reasonable person should as suggested by Fox News lawyers.
No, you don't seem to understand the concept at all. The chief argument was it's an opinion show. It's not the news. It's not simple. If anyone here is a white national more likely the one who keeps talking about it.

whiteshoes97

Head Coach
Gold Member
Dec 30, 2004
You get that MSNBC made just about the exact same argument in defense of its own network don’t you?

Hardlyboy

Offensive Coordinator
Gold Member
Jan 26, 2011
You get that MSNBC made just about the exact same argument in defense of its own network don’t you?
lol, no they didn’t.

Besides, it’s only the Trumpers that take the word of Tuck’s opinion show as gospel.

whiteshoes97

Head Coach
Gold Member
Dec 30, 2004
lol, no they didn’t.

Besides, it’s only the Trumpers that take the word of Tuck’s opinion show as gospel.
In an oddly overlooked ruling, an Obama-appointed federal judge, Cynthia Bashant, dismissed the lawsuit on the ground that even Maddow’s own audience understands that her show consists of exaggeration, hyperbole, and pure opinion, and therefore would not assume that such outlandish accusations are factually true even when she uses the language of certainty and truth when presenting them (“literally is paid Russian propaganda”).

Hardlyboy

Offensive Coordinator
Gold Member
Jan 26, 2011
In an oddly overlooked ruling, an Obama-appointed federal judge, Cynthia Bashant, dismissed the lawsuit on the ground that even Maddow’s own audience understands that her show consists of exaggeration, hyperbole, and pure opinion, and therefore would not assume that such outlandish accusations are factually true even when she uses the language of certainty and truth when presenting them (“literally is paid Russian propaganda”).
I knew that’s what you were referencing and you’re missing the critical piece.

In court, Fox’s own attorneys said Tucker had no credibility and rational people wouldn’t believe him. Versus the MSNBC case, the judge decided it was an opinion show. Maddow’s attorneys argued it was "protected opinion based on disclosed facts". Then OAN had to pay $250k for filing a frivolous lawsuit.

Bobfather

Athletic Director
Gold Member
Oct 6, 2002
Yawn and I am supposed to take the Pravdas propaganda as gospel got it!

whiteshoes97

Head Coach
Gold Member
Dec 30, 2004
I knew that’s what you were referencing and you’re missing the critical piece.

In court, Fox’s own attorneys said Tucker had no credibility and rational people wouldn’t believe him. Versus the MSNBC case, the judge decided it was an opinion show. Maddow’s attorneys argued it was "protected opinion based on disclosed facts". Then OAN had to pay $250k for filing a frivolous lawsuit.
More precisely, the MSNBC attorneys argued that she couldn’t be sued for defamation, because everyone knows shes full of shit

Reactions: Bobfather

philosophusker

Athletic Director
Gold Member
Jan 16, 2004
Jonesboro, Arkansas (York, NE originally)
If you’re curious how the propagandists are reporting the story

I would be fine if Biden shipped Tucker off to Guantanamo Bay for something vague like "National Security" measures. Hold him there and waterboard him frequently. Keep him there uncharged for about 20 years or so. Tucker would only be getting what he deserves, no biggie.