ADVERTISEMENT

Tua rumors

NebChicago

Senior
Oct 14, 2009
I don’t understand the Tua trade rumors. I thought he had a solid rookie campaign? Why are the dolphins catering to rumors? Just the opportunity to get Watson? A proven QB

Reactions: John_J_Rambo
Exactly! Dolphin fan here, you can the people who don't watch players closely at all and just look at numbers.

I didn't want the Dolphins to draft him in the first place. Dude was banged up coming out of college, doesn't have a strong arm and lacks confidence because of it. Dude had like the lowest completion percentage over 5 yards in the league and lowest attempt percentage!

Kind of reminds me of how people round here like AM so much but in reality when you want inside the numbers he never really was that good. Never been consistent thru a whole game much less to weeks in a row!

If the Dolphins have a chance to get Watson, Wilson or Fields than they should do it and DO IT FAST!

Exactly! Dolphin fan here, you can the people who don't watch players closely at all and just look at numbers.

I didn't want the Dolphins to draft him in the first place. Dude was banged up coming out of college, doesn't have a strong arm and lacks confidence because of it. Dude had like the lowest completion percentage over 5 yards in the league and lowest attempt percentage!

Kind of reminds me of how people round here like AM so much but in reality when you want inside the numbers he never really was that good. Never been consistent thru a whole game much less to weeks in a row!

If the Dolphins have a chance to get Watson, Wilson or Fields than they should do it and DO IT FAST!

I always liked Tua. But he is a perfect example of a guy who should go in the third round, not the first.

I always liked Tua. But he is a perfect example of a guy who should go in the third round, not the first.

Exactly! The Dolphins have to be the worst run organisation in the NFL when it comes to high profile teams!

They reached and drafted "One Read Tanneyhill" who was a wide receiver for most of his career at A&M in the top 10 even be was hurt and projected as a 2nd rounder. A QB that Bo Pelini made look like straight garbage even the refs cheated and tried to help him. A QB who is AT BEST a game manager!

Reactions: Catch50
Exactly! The Dolphins have to be the worst run organisation in the NFL when it comes to high profile teams!

They reached and drafted "One Read Tanneyhill" who was a wide receiver for most of his career at A&M in the top 10 even be was hurt and projected as a 2nd rounder. A QB that Bo Pelini made look like straight garbage even the refs cheated and tried to help him. A QB who is AT BEST a game manager!
Tannehill has been one of the best QB's in the NFL since taking over the starting job in Tennessee

Criticize the Dolphins all you want, someone was taking Tua near the top of the draft. It definitely was NOT a reach in the sense that they drafted a guy who would've been around later.

Reactions: John_J_Rambo
Tannehill has been one of the best QB's in the NFL since taking over the starting job in Tennessee

It's easy to be a decent game manager when you hand the ball off to Derrick Henry 30 times a game.

Tannehill isn't going to win you a game when you need him. In the playoffs the last 2 years he sucked when they needed him to step it up.

If you needed a QB to win a game for ya Tannehill wouldn't even be in the Top 10 of most people's list.

Criticize the Dolphins all you want, someone was taking Tua near the top of the draft. It definitely was NOT a reach in the sense that they drafted a guy who would've been around later.

IMO, it was a terrible pick because of the injury he sustained.

Haha what? The dolphins have a great young roster and a large collection of picks, they’re actually a really well run team. They tore it all down two years ago and still didn’t suck because of how good their staff is and their drafting. Tua did not look good but he also played multiple games without Parker, Preston Williams, Gesicki, gaskin, Ahmed, even jakeem grant got hurt. And he was playing behind an oline starting three rookies coming off a catastrophic injury many people thought he’d never come back from without a real offseason to prepare. Way too early to determine if he’s the guy or not.

Reactions: tick2266
Who is the last great NFL QB that played at Alabama?? Is there one. Shows how being surrounded by top talent improves players projections.

Reactions: drubendall
Who is the last great NFL QB that played at Alabama?? Is there one. Shows how being surrounded by top talent improves players projections.
That's a completely false narrative. When it comes to drafting QB's in the first round the NFL evaluators couldn't give less of a shit where they played or what talent they're surrounded by. If what you said is true Alabama's QB's would get drafted in the first round every year, but that doesn't happen, does it? They evaluate QB's on their film, arm strength, intelligence, leadership, etc. They don't just say, "Hey, this Tua feller won a bunch of games let's just take him #1, huh?"

Haha what? The dolphins have a great young roster and a large collection of picks, they’re actually a really well run team. They tore it all down two years ago and still didn’t suck because of how good their staff is and their drafting. Tua did not look good but he also played multiple games without Parker, Preston Williams, Gesicki, gaskin, Ahmed, even jakeem grant got hurt. And he was playing behind an oline starting three rookies coming off a catastrophic injury many people thought he’d never come back from without a real offseason to prepare. Way too early to determine if he’s the guy or not.

In the NFL it's all about having a QB with leadership abilities who is respected. The Dolphins haven't had a QB like that in over 20 years!

They drafted Tannehill before any other team would have and he was not only injured he was inexperienced. You don't draft developmental QB's in the TOP TEN.

They had a roster that was good enough to win when Suh was there. They had Super Bowl caliber defense this past season. The NFL is a WIN NOW league, you only can hold a roster together for so long cuz dudes about getting paid..

Fitzpatrick was playing good then they benched him for a injured rookie with a noodle for an arm and scared to throw to receiver who aren't wide open like they were at Alabama.

Why you think the players were divided when they pulled Fitzpatrick? They know that their window to win in the NFL closes fast!

Tua will never be a legit top 10 QB and he was over drafted, yes somebody was going to over draft him, but over drafted nonetheless. However, Watson's ink is barely dry on his monster contract and he's already acting like an ass, so i'm not sure I'm going to give up that much to get him because he just told you if he doesn't get his way he will act our publicly and disrupt your entire franchise. If I'm the Fish I would rather have Watson, but prolly not at the price it's going to take to get him.

Agreed. Sometimes top NFL QBs play for elite college teams and sometimes they come from lower level teams. I prefer the guy who has seen a lot of adversity and still played at a high level, meaning he learned to survive in the pocket and throw to receivers who were out classed by top defenses.

One of my favorite YouTube videos shows Pat Mahomes versus Baker Mayfield in college. Based on that alone, you'd think Mayfield was every bit the player that Mahomes was or better. He looked good. However, Mayfield had a clean pocket for most of the game and superior offensive talent. Mahomes is out there running around, making ridiculous things happen to keep his team in the game. Fast forward 5 years and Mahomes is the best quarterback in the league. Mayfield is somewhat respectable, but not in Mahomes league. Tua has the spaghetti arm and is not a serious playmaker. The dolphins are poised for that next step. They'll need a better quarterback

Ryan Fitzpatrick had a hand in that record fyi. Actually, he was much better than tua.
The team wanted journeyman Fitzpatrick over Tua. They know. They see it day in and day out. Of course fitzy is no kind of long-term solution.

Dolphins D is pretty salty. And could get better with all the picks they have coming.

Personally I hope they go OL with #3. Yes they need receivers but I'm not really feeling devonta Smith as a difference maker in the pros. Good? Sure. But not the same thing. I'd rather see them protect Tua or whoever ends up back there.

Reactions: litespeedhuskerfan
Tua will never be a legit top 10 QB and he was over drafted, yes somebody was going to over draft him, but over drafted nonetheless. However, Watson's ink is barely dry on his monster contract and he's already acting like an ass, so i'm not sure I'm going to give up that much to get him because he just told you if he doesn't get his way he will act our publicly and disrupt your entire franchise. If I'm the Fish I would rather have Watson, but prolly not at the price it's going to take to get him.
Watson should be traded. Great college QB and he's been above average in the NFL thus far but I think his stock is as high as it will go. A large part of his game is based on mobility which declines with age and hits. The QBs that have lasted and remain championship caliber year in and year out are guys who earn their paycheck via their arm and command of the offense. I think Tua is a very solid starter but is a few hard hits away from being out of the league. The receiving corps at Alabama was legendarily good as was the RB group and he will just not be able to rely on such complete domination by his skill position players over the opposing competition.
FWIW I believe the Wonderlic matters for QBs. A very low score should give any GM pause. Tua did not score well.

Watson should be traded. Great college QB and he's been above average in the NFL thus far but I think his stock is as high as it will go. A large part of his game is based on mobility which declines with age and hits. The QBs that have lasted and remain championship caliber year in and year out are guys who earn their paycheck via their arm and command of the offense. I think Tua is a very solid starter but is a few hard hits away from being out of the league. The receiving corps at Alabama was legendarily good as was the RB group and he will just not be able to rely on such complete domination by his skill position players over the opposing competition.
FWIW I believe the Wonderlic matters for QBs. A very low score should give any GM pause. Tua did not score well.
Yep, he scored a 13 out of 50, worst among quarterback draftees in 2020. Joe Burrows hit 34.

Not sure about Fields but agree on the others.

Holla

Not sure about Fields but agree on the others.

Holla
Agree. Wilson is proven. Get him if you can. He has easily 5 more peak years ahead of him. Take Watson if you can. Also has the right stuff. Could get lucky with a rook, but no OSU qbs have set the world on fire, so I don't trust Fields. There's just too much unknown. The only sure thing I see coming out is Lawrence.
And, you want to win NOW. A rook is typically a 2-3 year project before you're super bowl bound. The Dolphins can ascend this year.

Agree. Wilson is proven. Get him if you can. He has easily 5 more peak years ahead of him. Take Watson if you can. Also has the right stuff. Could get lucky with a rook, but no OSU qbs have set the world on fire, so I don't trust Fields. There's just too much unknown. The only sure thing I see coming out is Lawrence.
And, you want to win NOW. A rook is typically a 2-3 year project before you're super bowl bound. The Dolphins can ascend this year.

Fields blew Lawrence out the water when They played in the playoffs this year and last. If his receiver doesn't run wrong route in last year's playoff they win that game even with the cheating that the refs did. Lawrence looked real bad in that game and outside of the long run last year he didn't do much.

Fields has a strong arm, 4.4 forty and deadly accurate, escape ability and agile. That doesn't describe a SINGLE QB that Ohio State has had at all. If he goes anywhere outside of the Jets, Broncos or Redskins he will have success!

Fields has a strong arm, 4.4 forty and deadly accurate, escape ability and agile. That doesn't describe a SINGLE QB that Ohio State has had at all. If he goes anywhere outside of the Jets, Broncos or Redskins he will have success!
They all look the part in shorts and tshirts

ADVERTISEMENT