Trump encourages people to get the vaccine

Jhollenbeck41

Graduate Assistant
Gold Member
Nov 29, 2018
WTF? kind of a contradiction here 🤔
Nah. It’s okay to agree with certain things, disagree with others, and still support someone. I don’t support Trump anymore after 1/6, but I did up until then I did

You can be a liberal, back the blue, and still hate Trump because of the person he is. But that would require having your own opinion and thinking for yourself instead of being a sheep ;). You’re not a sheep. I respect you. But a lot on here are

rgrachek

Head Coach
Gold Member
Dec 2, 2004
I literally copied and pasted the quote from you in the below post.

Also what did I rationalize. I said I understood why they said what they did at the time. I didn’t argue it. And then I said that opinions changed at the end of March when papers came out to show that they were wrong. I’m not rationalizing anything, I am saying what happened.

Trump said “A question that probably some of you are thinking of if you’re totally into that world, which I find to be very interesting. So, supposedly we hit the body with a tremendous, whether it’s ultraviolet or just very powerful light, and I think you said that hasn’t been checked, but you’re going to test it. And then I said supposing you brought the light inside the body, which you can do either through the skin or in some other way. (To Bryan) And I think you said you’re going to test that, too. Sounds interesting, right?"

"And then I see the disinfectant, where it knocks it out in one minute. And is there a way we can do something like that, by injection inside or almost a cleaning, because you see it gets in the lungs and it does a tremendous number on the lungs, so it’d be interesting to check that, so that you’re going to have to use medical doctors with, but it sounds interesting to me. So, we’ll see, but the whole concept of the light, the way it kills it in one minute. That’s pretty powerful."

There was no smile when he said it, hell he even was looking at his doctors for confirmation that you could do this. Outside of some major bias, I don’t understand anyone can take this quote, watch the video and then say that he was joking . It is ludicrous.
This is where we have to part ways. My comment was "all of the "experts"", with the word "experts" in parentheses. This means that I don't think that they are "experts". You have to be a little discerning here.

Had I said "all of the experts say....." then you would be accurate. The point here is was that they are not necessarily experts. It's like someone saying I'm eating chicken and someone else responding "I eat that all of the time". Everyone except you apparently knows that the other person isn't saying that they eat chicken every second of their lives.

But haters will be haters and they'll spin every story they can to promote their hate view. You hate Trump, you always will, but I don't need to hear it anymore.

As far as the disinfectant, I'll ask you again, do you think Biden thinks that paraplegics can stand up and be recognized? Do you think that Biden thinks that all white kids are rich (remember "poor kids are just as smart as white kids"). Do you think that Obama really thinks that a person who starts and builds a business "didn't do that" (maybe he does).

You selectively pick on Trump for the comments he probably should not have made, but you give the people on the left a pass. This is the difference between you and me. When someone does a gaff, I think it's a gaff and not something the person really thinks because I don't think you can get to that high a level by being insane. You on the other hand use every thing Trump says to bash him, and it's not just Trump. If Marco Rubio, Jeb Bush, or someone else would have beaten the devil queen, you would have done the same thing to them, just like you did to Reagan and the other Bushes.

Write what you want. I won't respond anymore.

damcde

All-American
Gold Member
Oct 22, 2007
This is where we have to part ways. My comment was "all of the "experts"", with the word "experts" in parentheses. This means that I don't think that they are "experts". You have to be a little discerning here.

Had I said "all of the experts say....." then you would be accurate. The point here is was that they are not necessarily experts. It's like someone saying I'm eating chicken and someone else responding "I eat that all of the time". Everyone except you apparently knows that the other person isn't saying that they eat chicken every second of their lives.

But haters will be haters and they'll spin every story they can to promote their hate view. You hate Trump, you always will, but I don't need to hear it anymore.

As far as the disinfectant, I'll ask you again, do you think Biden thinks that paraplegics can stand up and be recognized? Do you think that Biden thinks that all white kids are rich (remember "poor kids are just as smart as white kids"). Do you think that Obama really thinks that a person who starts and builds a business "didn't do that" (maybe he does).

You selectively pick on Trump for the comments he probably should not have made, but you give the people on the left a pass. This is the difference between you and me. When someone does a gaff, I think it's a gaff and not something the person really thinks because I don't think you can get to that high a level by being insane. You on the other hand use every thing Trump says to bash him, and it's not just Trump. If Marco Rubio, Jeb Bush, or someone else would have beaten the devil queen, you would have done the same thing to them, just like you did to Reagan and the other Bushes.

Write what you want. I won't respond anymore.

GMAFB.

It must be easy to win all your arguments when you just can say things, and then say “actually didn’t mean what I said”.

And the thread isn’t about Biden, it is about Trump. Biden has plenty of dumb things he has said. But that has nothing to do with the topic at hand.

Last edited:

nelsonj22

Nebraska Football Hall of Fame
Gold Member
Sep 27, 2014
Nah. It’s okay to agree with certain things, disagree with others, and still support someone. I don’t support Trump anymore after 1/6, but I did up until then I did

You can be a liberal, back the blue, and still hate Trump because of the person he is. But that would require having your own opinion and thinking for yourself instead of being a sheep ;). You’re not a sheep. I respect you. But a lot on here are
Sorry I should of just bolded the "I'm not and antivaxxer" instead of the the whole part.

Then you say you aren't getting vaccinated.

EriktheRed

Offensive Coordinator
Gold Member
Jul 1, 2001
Sorry I should of just bolded the "I'm not and antivaxxer" instead of the the whole part.

Then you say you aren't getting vaccinated.
I just read his statement and just because you are not getting this shot doesn't mean you are an anti-vaxxer. I am getting the Covid shot, but some people weigh how old they are and other factors. He might get other vaccines, just not the Covid one.

nelsonj22

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2014
I just read his statement and just because you are not getting this shot doesn't mean you are an anti-vaxxer. I am getting the Covid shot, but some people weigh how old they are and other factors. He might get other vaccines, just not the Covid one.
Umm yes it does mean you are an anti-vaxxer, like literally by definition.

Choosing to not get vaccinated for the worst pandemic in a century is dumb and as "anti-vaxxer" as it gets

EriktheRed

Offensive Coordinator
Gold Member
Jul 1, 2001

Choosing to not get vaccinated for the worst pandemic in a century is dumb and as "anti-vaxxer" as it gets
You are dumb for writing that as not all people are old or unhealthy. Someone that is 16 might not want it. The pandemic is not a large risk for young people. Science denier!! You are like the guy earlier who was arguing that toddlers should mask up. No they shouldn’t.

Reactions: Bobfather

nelsonj22

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2014
You are dumb for writing that as not all people are old or unhealthy. Someone that is 16 might not want it. The pandemic is not a large risk for young people. Science denier!! You are like the guy earlier who was arguing that toddlers should mask up. No they shouldn’t.
You realize most things we vaccinate against don't really kill healthy people.

Yet we all take them for the greater good and for those that can't take them do to immunity or other health issues.

If you choose against that, like he did, you are the biggest anti-vaxxer pos there is. Covid is WAY worse than the seasonal flu or chicken pox

nelsonj22

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2014
There's a few that don't but I'd guess most do.
Really like what?
Polio? Nope
Measles? Nope
Mumps? Nope
Rubella? Nope
Hepatitis A and B? Nope

Which ones killed 400k Americans in a year? TIA

Polio was the worst and it only paralyzed 350k in a year and the vast majority of polio infected people had no or mild symptoms.

Last edited:

Jim14510

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2017
Really like what?
Polio? Nope
Measles? Nope
Mumps? Nope
Rubella? Nope
Hepatitis A and B? Nope

Which ones killed 400k Americans in a year? TIA

Polio was the worst and it only paralyzed 350k in a year and the vast majority of polio infected people had no or mild symptoms.
Only 350k? The population was about 1/4 of what it is now. So that's like 1.4 million ignoring more spread for increased population density

Reactions: Bobfather

grote40

Athletic Director
Gold Member
Jul 29, 2002
Imho, if the trumpers have a vaccine available and even their orange god had it.. and they opt to not take it and kill over that's on them. Once its readily available like a flu shot and 70% plus have had it, its time to open this joint up full bore and those that choose not to get it because of whatever... can't help them anymore. I'd take it a step further and suggest they stay home and not put that on our healthcare system. They have options to keep it from being a hospitalization level event. They chose not to.

Take it trumpers.. own the libs by not dying and voting in 2024.

You may be onto something. While COVID kills only a fraction of 1% of the people that get it (only 2% of those who get it and test positive even get hospitalized) , and those who get it at all is only a modest percentage of the total population, the vaccine MAY protect against a future virus which is far more deadly, whether natural or not.

grote40

Athletic Director
Gold Member
Jul 29, 2002
I always took their responses to mean if Trump just came out and said take this vaccine A and you didn’t see any information from scientists on trials then they would be skeptical. Fortunately we never had to go down that path.

Do you understand how nonsensical this sounds? You're strongly making the OP's point, demonstrating not only Kamala's intent, but proving there are people stupid enough to fall for it.

grote40

Athletic Director
Gold Member
Jul 29, 2002
I literally copied and pasted the quote from you in the below post.

Also what did I rationalize. I said I understood why they said what they did at the time. I didn’t argue it. And then I said that opinions changed at the end of March when papers came out to show that they were wrong. I’m not rationalizing anything, I am saying what happened.

Trump said “A question that probably some of you are thinking of if you’re totally into that world, which I find to be very interesting. So, supposedly we hit the body with a tremendous, whether it’s ultraviolet or just very powerful light, and I think you said that hasn’t been checked, but you’re going to test it. And then I said supposing you brought the light inside the body, which you can do either through the skin or in some other way. (To Bryan) And I think you said you’re going to test that, too. Sounds interesting, right?"

"And then I see the disinfectant, where it knocks it out in one minute. And is there a way we can do something like that, by injection inside or almost a cleaning, because you see it gets in the lungs and it does a tremendous number on the lungs, so it’d be interesting to check that, so that you’re going to have to use medical doctors with, but it sounds interesting to me. So, we’ll see, but the whole concept of the light, the way it kills it in one minute. That’s pretty powerful."

There was no smile when he said it, hell he even was looking at his doctors for confirmation that you could do this. Outside of some major bias, I don’t understand anyone can take this quote, watch the video and then say that he was joking . It is ludicrous.
But 'muh Bleach'

It's not like Cedars Sinai is a well respected medical institution or anything. And beyond that, the underlying technology is 80+ years old, and was the gold standard until antibiotics. Let's see if you have enough self-respect to issue a mea culpa. Media misled you. It's okay, you're far from alone in that.

grote40

Athletic Director
Gold Member
Jul 29, 2002

This is ridiculous. Anti-vaxxer means categorically against vaccines of all types. There are anti-vaxxers, there are those who don't get flu shots, and then there are those who don't want to get the experimental mRNA COVID vaccine yet. Some may later, and some may not, for a variety of reasons. Still others would get a certain variety of COVID shots, but not others, seeing as how they aren't all the same. Two of the main four vaccines have already had suspended distributions due to adverse side effects (primarily blood clots). There are some overlaps among the groups, but they aren't the same. It's hard to take anyone serious who either lacks the intelligence to discern the difference, or simply trolls.

grote40

Athletic Director
Gold Member
Jul 29, 2002
You bring up an interesting point. I wonder if insurance carriers could refuse to cover Covid it people forgo a vaccination and end up in the hospital?

(Not saying I think insurance carriers should do that, just wondering the legality if they can)

Doubtful based on current law. They can't even refuse to cover diseases or medical conditions related to obesity, pregnancy, substance abuse, etc. All of these are far more likely risk factors than not getting a vaccine. Honestly, that's probably a good thing. I don't want my insurance carrier to dictate my life choices.

Last edited:

damcde

All-American
Gold Member
Oct 22, 2007
But 'muh Bleach'

It's not like Cedars Sinai is a well respected medical institution or anything. And beyond that, the underlying technology is 80+ years old, and was the gold standard until antibiotics. Let's see if you have enough self-respect to issue a mea culpa. Media misled you. It's okay, you're far from alone in that.

If this is what Trump meant, then why did he say he was being sarcastic and not bring this up? Seems pretty simple unless he had no clue what he was talking about.

Also, this hasn’t even been tested on humans. Considering that UV screws with your DNA (induces thymine dimers), they are going to require you to test it on humans before you use. Not only that, but there is going to be concern if the long term effects. Granted they are using UVA, which is the least powerful type of UV.

And how was UV the gold standard before antibiotics? Considering how much antibiotics have changed the game as far as preventing death due to infections, UV must not have been that great of a “gold standard”.

Reactions: nelsonj22

nelsonj22

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2014
This is ridiculous. Anti-vaxxer means categorically against vaccines of all types. There are anti-vaxxers, there are those who don't get flu shots, and then there are those who don't want to get the experimental mRNA COVID vaccine yet. Some may later, and some may not, for a variety of reasons. Still others would get a certain variety of COVID shots, but not others, seeing as how they aren't all the same. Two of the main four vaccines have already had suspended distributions due to adverse side effects (primarily blood clots). There are some overlaps among the groups, but they aren't the same. It's hard to take anyone serious who either lacks the intelligence to discern the difference, or simply trolls.
Hi Q

Jhollenbeck41

Graduate Assistant
Gold Member
Nov 29, 2018
Thank you for the logic

grote40

Athletic Director
Gold Member
Jul 29, 2002
If this is what Trump meant, then why did he say he was being sarcastic and not bring this up? Seems pretty simple unless he had no clue what he was talking about.

Also, this hasn’t even been tested on humans. Considering that UV screws with your DNA (induces thymine dimers), they are going to require you to test it on humans before you use. Not only that, but there is going to be concern if the long term effects. Granted they are using UVA, which is the least powerful type of UV.

And how was UV the gold standard before antibiotics? Considering how much antibiotics have changed the game as far as preventing death due to infections, UV must not have been that great of a “gold standard”.

I have no idea why. It was clear what he meant. I'm not sure why he went with the "tongue in cheek" excuse. But it doesn't change the fact that the media created a false narrative and lied to America, and that Trump was right about the ultraviolet light Irradiation program. You're honestly going to go with the "lucky coincidence" explanation? Bold.

As for the last part, do your research. Antibiotics don't work on viruses, but UBI might, which is what Cedars Sinai is testing. Yes, it's still very preliminary, which might be why Trump demurred. Did he jump the gun? Appears very likely. Did he tell people to literally drink or inject bleach? Um, no.

nelsonj22

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2014
I'm going with lack of intelligence instead of troll
How did you know?
QhW.gif

94husker

Senior
Gold Member
Nov 28, 2014
Do you understand how nonsensical this sounds? You're strongly making the OP's point, demonstrating not only Kamala's intent, but proving there are people stupid enough to fall for it.
I understand that you don’t understand english. That‘s obvious.

damcde

All-American
Gold Member
Oct 22, 2007
I have no idea why. It was clear what he meant. I'm not sure why he went with the "tongue in cheek" excuse. But it doesn't change the fact that the media created a false narrative and lied to America, and that Trump was right about the ultraviolet light Irradiation program. You're honestly going to go with the "lucky coincidence" explanation? Bold.

As for the last part, do your research. Antibiotics don't work on viruses, but UBI might, which is what Cedars Sinai is testing. Yes, it's still very preliminary, which might be why Trump demurred. Did he jump the gun? Appears very likely. Did he tell people to literally drink or inject bleach? Um, no.

No shvt antibiotics don’t work on viruses. Which is why I don’t know why you said it was the gold standard to antibiotics, which is what my question was.

I never said it was a lucky coincidence. I said that he was full of shvt, because if he had any clue about someone working on the UV light thing, he would have said so. But keep rationalizing it.

Again, direct quote “And then I see the disinfectant, where it knocks it out in one minute. And is there a way we can do something like that, by injection inside or almost a cleaning, because you see it gets in the lungs and it does a tremendous number on the lungs, so it’d be interesting to check that, so that you’re going to have to use medical doctors with, but it sounds interesting to me.”. He is literally suggesting that we should inject disinfectants into the body.

The rationalization some of you do to try and protect Trump is impressive.

Reactions: 94husker

franzix

Senior
Gold Member
Aug 25, 2003
I did get vaccinated
I'm glad your wife was able to convince you. I'm not trying to be a dick...she convinced you to wear a mask if i recall correctly, which was probably a good thing to do at the time.
I'm going with lack of intelligence instead of troll
grote, there are a lot of regulars fighting on The Open Scrolls, but you seem new to the fray. Welcome to the place where idiots argue over everything, nobody changes any other person's mind, and somehow, there are a few dozen that seem to love it.

Last edited:

grote40

Athletic Director
Gold Member
Jul 29, 2002
No shvt antibiotics don’t work on viruses. Which is why I don’t know why you said it was the gold standard to antibiotics, which is what my question was.

I never said it was a lucky coincidence. I said that he was full of shvt, because if he had any clue about someone working on the UV light thing, he would have said so. But keep rationalizing it.

Again, direct quote “And then I see the disinfectant, where it knocks it out in one minute. And is there a way we can do something like that, by injection inside or almost a cleaning, because you see it gets in the lungs and it does a tremendous number on the lungs, so it’d be interesting to check that, so that you’re going to have to use medical doctors with, but it sounds interesting to me.”. He is literally suggesting that we should inject disinfectants into the body.

The rationalization some of you do to try and protect Trump is impressive.
So you think he described UBI to a T, at the exact same time Cedars Sinai was studying it, and it was a pure coincidence?! That's a new level of cognitive dissonance. Most don't know about it, but you're the first I've seen that's considered it and came to the conclusion that it's a mere coincidence. Congrats I guess.

damcde

All-American
Gold Member
Oct 22, 2007
So you think he described UBI to a T, at the exact same time Cedars Sinai was studying it, and it was a pure coincidence?! That's a new level of cognitive dissonance. Most don't know about it, but you're the first I've seen that's considered it and came to the conclusion that it's a mere coincidence. Congrats I guess.
Describing it to a T would be him saying "They are looking at taking a UV light and exposing the lung tissue to the UV light". But instead he said "So, supposedly we hit the body with a tremendous, whether it’s ultraviolet or just very powerful light, and I think you said that hasn’t been checked, but you’re going to test it. And then I said supposing you brought the light inside the body, which you can do either through the skin or in some other way. " He didn't describe it to a T at all, he just rambled a bunch of shvt. And then once again, instead of specifically bringing up the place that was looking at this (which again isn't even close to being able to do it in humans as it hasn't even been tested in a live human) to save face, he just says that he was being sarcastic.

But yet I am the one with the cognitive dissonance.

Reactions: 94husker

damcde

All-American
Gold Member
Oct 22, 2007
I'm glad your wife was able to convince you. I'm not trying to be a dick...she convinced you to wear a mask if i recall correctly, which was probably a good thing to do at the time.

grote, there are a lot of regulars fighting on The Open Scrolls, but you seem new to the fray. Welcome to the place where idiots argue over everything, nobody changes any other person's mind, and somehow, there are a few dozen that seem to love it.

I don't know what you are implying here franz, all I see on this board is friendship and love, along with a lot of productive conversations!

grote40

Athletic Director
Gold Member
Jul 29, 2002
Describing it to a T would be him saying "They are looking at taking a UV light and exposing the lung tissue to the UV light". But instead he said "So, supposedly we hit the body with a tremendous, whether it’s ultraviolet or just very powerful light, and I think you said that hasn’t been checked, but you’re going to test it. And then I said supposing you brought the light inside the body, which you can do either through the skin or in some other way. " He didn't describe it to a T at all, he just rambled a bunch of shvt. And then once again, instead of specifically bringing up the place that was looking at this (which again isn't even close to being able to do it in humans as it hasn't even been tested in a live human) to save face, he just says that he was being sarcastic.

But yet I am the one with the cognitive dissonance.
Why do you keep saying it hasn't been tried on humans? The first SUCCESSFUL in-human trial has already been conducted by CS. But I'm sure it has nothing to do with those "completely unrelated, totally coincidental, but eerily similar" comments.

Logically, if Trump knew nothing about this study, and was simply "rambling" and then Cedars Sinai took his ramblings and turned them into a proof of concept after the fact AND IT WORKED, that would make Trump a supergenius. I personally think it's far more likely that he was briefed on this study and then spoke publicly on something he shouldn't have, so he played the fool. But I suppose the supergenius option is technically in the realm of possibilities too. But 'muh Bleach?' That takes either chronic TDS or an extra chromosome. Pretty sure most of the media is the former, but a couple of them are questionable.

damcde

All-American
Gold Member
Oct 22, 2007
Why do you keep saying it hasn't been tried on humans? The first SUCCESSFUL in-human trial has already been conducted by CS. But I'm sure it has nothing to do with those "completely unrelated, totally coincidental, but eerily similar" comments.

Logically, if Trump knew nothing about this study, and was simply "rambling" and then Cedars Sinai took his ramblings and turned them into a proof of concept after the fact AND IT WORKED, that would make Trump a supergenius. I personally think it's far more likely that he was briefed on this study and then spoke publicly on something he shouldn't have, so he played the fool. But I suppose the supergenius option is technically in the realm of possibilities too. But 'muh Bleach?' That takes either chronic TDS or an extra chromosome. Pretty sure most of the media is the former, but a couple of them are questionable.

The clinical trial that started over 5 months after Trump made his comments? And then published almost a year after his comments.

Reactions: sklarbodds

grote40

Athletic Director
Gold Member
Jul 29, 2002
The clinical trial that started over 5 months after Trump made his comments? And then published almost a year after his comments.

Yep, that one. As I said, he was either referring to this (or a similar) study, or Trump is a supergenius who developed a hypothesis for treating COVID with UBI, was made fun of by mere mortals who couldn't understand his idea, and CS, several months later, implemented it in successful early trials. I suppose time travel is in the realm of possibilities too, but that's always been hard for me to get my head around. Trump publicly speaking on the early stages of the Aytu/Cedars study is of course most likely. But you seem to be rolling with the supergenius option, without realizing your version would make him a verifiable supergenius.

Look, I'm not going to change your mind. You're pot committed. Like Trump, admitting you're wrong is not in your DNA. But there are several others who are reading this and the light bulb is coming on. They realize they've been deceived by the media. They never heard about the Cedars Sinai study because the media buried it. They don't want to be the fool any longer, so they'll never again roll out the ridiculous 'muh Bleach' line. And every time they hear a media hack or anyone else roll out the 'muh Bleach' line, they'll become that much more skeptical of either the intelligence or motives, or both, of the source.

damcde

All-American
Gold Member
Oct 22, 2007
Yep, that one. As I said, he was either referring to this (or a similar) study, or Trump is a supergenius who developed a hypothesis for treating COVID with UBI, was made fun of by mere mortals who couldn't understand his idea, and CS, several months later, implemented it in successful early trials. I suppose time travel is in the realm of possibilities too, but that's always been hard for me to get my head around. Trump publicly speaking on the early stages of the Aytu/Cedars study is of course most likely. But you seem to be rolling with the supergenius option, without realizing your version would make him a verifiable supergenius.

Look, I'm not going to change your mind. You're pot committed. Like Trump, admitting you're wrong is not in your DNA. But there are several others who are reading this and the light bulb is coming on. They realize they've been deceived by the media. They never heard about the Cedars Sinai study because the media buried it. They don't want to be the fool any longer, so they'll never again roll out the ridiculous 'muh Bleach' line. And every time they hear a media hack or anyone else roll out the 'muh Bleach' line, they'll become that much more skeptical of either the intelligence or motives, or both, of the source.
You have to be trolling me, it is the only logical explanation.

Jhollenbeck41

Graduate Assistant
Gold Member
Nov 29, 2018

I just gave in to my wife about the mask. It was a losing battle with our daughter on the way. My dad basically begged to get the vaccine after just avoiding it for a couple weeks. They gave out free shots at my work