Trump, Biden, and the Vaccine

rgrachek

Head Coach
Gold Member
Dec 2, 2004
Can anyone make heads or tails of this?

Trump and his administration set the wheels in motion for getting a vaccine for COVID in an amazingly short time back around a year ago, building on research that has been going on since the original SARS outbreak in 2003. No, Trump knows nothing about how to make vaccines, but he does know how to release the power of American ingenuity and the results speak for themselves. We have around 87 million people fully vaccinated in the USA and there have been to date less than 6,000 breakthrough cases of COVID among those vaccinated and 95% of those have been mild. That's 99.99% effectivenes. This technology promises to lead to other vaccines for things like AIDS and cancer.

Biden and Harris have a hard time planning a press conference, so we know that they NEVER could have pulled this off in a million years. In fact, Biden was openly critical of the vaccine as of late last year because it was coming during Trump being president. Harris flat out said after the election that she wouldn't get the vaccine because the the lack of testing and fast track nature (and because it was tied to Trump). Andrew Cuomo even went as far as to say that he wouldn't allow the vaccine to be distributed in New York because it hadn't been tested properly under Trump. These people then all turned around and got the vaccine early in the process anyway, kind of at odds with what they had been saying. Trump and his people got it too.

Now though, these same people are bagging on people who have the same fears about the vaccine that they did in November and December, saying that they're robots responding to Trump and that's why they don't want to get the vaccine! They're actually vain enough to now take credit for the vaccine rollout. Their claim is that there's vaccine hesitancy because they're listening to Trump, a guy who has taken the vaccine himself and is openly encouraging people to get the vaccine.

People, the bullshit that's flying around now politically has hit critical mass and there's literally no logic to anything the people in power now are saying. Many made a living calling Trump a liar on this forum and other places, but it's becoming more clear every day that Trump being a liar is Class D-2 junior varsity level compared to the world class NFL level of lying going on now. It's mind numbing. It's complete gaslighting. It's something you would think would have been going on in Russia in 1918 or Cambodia in 1975. This country is being run by old circus clowns.

Hardlyboy

Offensive Coordinator
Gold Member
Jan 26, 2011
200.gif

lost_in_office_space

Senior
Gold Member
Jul 2, 2007
Saying that Biden couldn’t have accomplished what Trump did in regard to the vaccine is kind of silly.

1: I don’t think trump had a ton of affect on the vaccine timeline. Maybe his admin, but the technology was in place by those that actually were pioneering the vaccine tech.

The trump admin did get some bureaucracy out of the way to grease the wheels, but honestly it was teed up for them. I don’t really find that minor achievement as anything groundbreaking. I also find it hard to believe that Biden’s admin would not have been given similar guidance and been asked to just side step some hurdles and prioritize the timeline.

Honestly, it was just a, hey don’t **** this up, but here’s the plan. Just say yes. And that’s what happened. Govt should get very little credit, IMO.

And I do think had something similar happened and the roles were reversed, Trump would have been critical, and often unfairly, of Biden, etc. even if the actions were exactly the same. Flip the sides and little changes. Just the faces.

damcde

All-American
Gold Member
Oct 22, 2007
Honestly neither should really get credit for the vaccine development. Hours and hours and hours of work had been done by many scientists before either took office to lay the ground work for all of these vaccines. Then setting up the clinical trials, going through the massive amount of data in record time (honestly extremely impressive what they did). They should be given the credit not some politician.

burntorange72

First Team All-Big Ten
Gold Member
Mar 9, 2004
Anybody who can get the Government off the back of private industry gets my presumptive support until proven otherwise.

burntorange72

First Team All-Big Ten
Gold Member
Mar 9, 2004
Honestly neither should really get credit for the vaccine development. Hours and hours and hours of work had been done by many scientists before either took office to lay the ground work for all of these vaccines. Then setting up the clinical trials, going through the massive amount of data in record time (honestly extremely impressive what they did). They should be given the credit not some politician.
For getting about new drug development , what is the normal time required to get a new drug approved in today’s world of government regulation?

sklarbodds

Administrator
Nov 30, 2006
Saying that Biden couldn’t have accomplished what Trump did in regard to the vaccine is kind of silly.

1: I don’t think trump had a ton of affect on the vaccine timeline. Maybe his admin, but the technology was in place by those that actually were pioneering the vaccine tech.

The trump admin did get some bureaucracy out of the way to grease the wheels, but honestly it was teed up for them. I don’t really find that minor achievement as anything groundbreaking. I also find it hard to believe that Biden’s admin would not have been given similar guidance and been asked to just side step some hurdles and prioritize the timeline.

Honestly, it was just a, hey don’t **** this up, but here’s the plan. Just say yes. And that’s what happened. Govt should get very little credit, IMO.

And I do think had something similar happened and the roles were reversed, Trump would have been critical, and often unfairly, of Biden, etc. even if the actions were exactly the same. Flip the sides and little changes. Just the faces.

I applaud you both for attempting to logically respond to a troll.

rgrachek

Head Coach
Gold Member
Dec 2, 2004

"Saying that Biden couldn’t have accomplished what Trump did in regard to the vaccine is kind of silly."

Biden is still having a hard time accomplishing finding the bathroom in the Oval office. Biden is too busy signing executive orders mandating dinner be served at 4:00 PM.

Reactions: EVERED

rgrachek

Head Coach
Gold Member
Dec 2, 2004
That's kind of like I said that it built upon what was started in the early 2000s and that Trump knows nothing about vaccines.

You know what's funny though? Most of my post was about how Biden and Harris (and Cuomo) reacted and the crap that they put fourth. None of the responses (except for one tounge in cheek response) address this, just the part about Trump.

What a Biden or Obama administration would have done is similar to what they did with H1N1. They would have ignored it until May, then when people started dropping like flies, they would have used it to promote the need for government health care. Eventually, they would have locked down the entire country after it was too late, all the while telling people that it's ridiculous to think that a vaccine could be developed in the next 5 years. Millions dead, not their fault. We wouldn't even know it because they and the willing media would have made scoreboards, something used effectively against Trump, illegal.

Last edited:
Reactions: burntorange72

ScarletNCream

Athletic Director
Gold Member
Jan 4, 2007
Key difference in my mind.

What I’ve heard Biden say so far is congratulating the medical professionals and taking very little credit.

What I heard trump say was “Me me me me me, this was all me”

In reality, it was thousands of people much smarter than both of them combined that deserve credit.

philosophusker

Athletic Director
Gold Member
Jan 16, 2004
Jonesboro, Arkansas (York, NE originally)

What I’ve heard Biden say so far is congratulating the medical professionals and taking very little credit.

In reality, it was thousands of people much smarter than both of them combined that deserve credit.
This hits the proverbial nail right on the head.

blender9236

Gold Member
Dec 2, 2018
For getting about new drug development , what is the normal time required to get a new drug approved in today’s world of government regulation?

7-10 years is typical for therapeutics. Not sure about the vaccine timeline. The guy you quoted would be able to answer that better.

nelsonj22

Nebraska Football Hall of Fame
Gold Member
Sep 27, 2014
Didn't the first vaccine to market come from Germany? But that is somehow trumps doing 🤔

OP is an idiot

rgrachek

Head Coach
Gold Member
Dec 2, 2004

You say that, but I heard Trump congratulate the scientific and medical community hundreds of times, literally hundreds of times and also pointed out how they were able to reduce red tape on a lot of things.

On the contrary, I have heard Biden's handlers give themselves total credit. I don't really care what Biden might or might not say himself because he doesn't even know where he is most of the time. He is literally the first president in history where you need to just totally ignore anything he says or you'll lose your mind.

Like when Biden made the BOLD proclamation that we would have 100 million shots delivered in his first 100 days, when we were already ramping up before he took office to have more than twice that amount by the end of the end of April .

Biden is like Dr. Evil in a way. "Why make "Billions" when you can make "Millions"? When we tell him Billions is more than Millions dumb ass, he says "Daddy's working now".

philosophusker

Athletic Director
Gold Member
Jan 16, 2004
Jonesboro, Arkansas (York, NE originally)
But what he said in his post isn't true. Must be a strange nail.
It is pretty much true. Trump brags and takes credit for a lot more than Biden because Trump has narcissist personality disorder.

Can you image Biden saying this?

"I hope everyone remembers when they’re getting the COVID-19 (often referred to as the China Virus) Vaccine, that if I wasn’t President, you wouldn’t be getting that beautiful 'shot' for 5 years, at best, and probably wouldn’t be getting it at all,"

Last edited:
Reactions: 94husker

damcde

All-American
Gold Member
Oct 22, 2007
That's kind of like I said that it built upon what was started in the early 2000s and that Trump knows nothing about vaccines.

You know what's funny though? Most of my post was about how Biden and Harris (and Cuomo) reacted and the crap that they put fourth. None of the responses (except for one tounge in cheek response) address this, just the part about Trump.

What a Biden or Obama administration would have done is similar to what they did with H1N1. They would have ignored it until May, then when people started dropping like flies, they would have used it to promote the need for government health care. Eventually, they would have locked down the entire country after it was too late, all the while telling people that it's ridiculous to think that a vaccine could be developed in the next 5 years. Millions dead, not their fault. We wouldn't even know it because they and the willing media would have made scoreboards, something used effectively against Trump, illegal.

What you are taking about? The virus was discovered in Mid April. They had it sequenced in about 10 days and started on a vaccines immediately. The vaccines were approved 5 months later in September.

Just like above, Obama doesn’t deserve credit outside of letting the scientists do their work.

ScarletNCream

Athletic Director
Gold Member
Jan 4, 2007
You say that, but I heard Trump congratulate the scientific and medical community hundreds of times, literally hundreds of times and also pointed out how they were able to reduce red tape on a lot of things.

On the contrary, I have heard Biden's handlers give themselves total credit. I don't really care what Biden might or might not say himself because he doesn't even know where he is most of the time. He is literally the first president in history where you need to just totally ignore anything he says or you'll lose your mind.

Like when Biden made the BOLD proclamation that we would have 100 million shots delivered in his first 100 days, when we were already ramping up before he took office to have more than twice that amount by the end of the end of April .

Biden is like Dr. Evil in a way. "Why make "Billions" when you can make "Millions"? When we tell him Billions is more than Millions dumb ass, he says "Daddy's working now".

I mean, if you’re hearing things completely different than reality I guess that explains a lot of your posts. I’ll take that into consideration when you post from now on

Hardlyboy

Offensive Coordinator
Gold Member
Jan 26, 2011

Definitely sounds like he’s not taking credit lol

Donald J Trump -

"I hope everyone remembers when they’re getting the COVID-19 (often referred to as the China Virus) Vaccine, that if I wasn’t President, you wouldn’t be getting that beautiful 'shot' for 5 years, at best, and probably wouldn’t be getting it at all," read a statement from the former president. "I hope everyone remembers!"

auski

Graduate Assistant
Gold Member
May 29, 2001

Only silly because it's true.

rgrachek

Head Coach
Gold Member
Dec 2, 2004
Definitely sounds like he’s not taking credit lol

Donald J Trump -

"I hope everyone remembers when they’re getting the COVID-19 (often referred to as the China Virus) Vaccine, that if I wasn’t President, you wouldn’t be getting that beautiful 'shot' for 5 years, at best, and probably wouldn’t be getting it at all," read a statement from the former president. "I hope everyone remembers!"
From Trump's statement^^^, what's not true? It's also beside the point. Trump has praised countless people in the scientific and other disciplines for their work on COVID.

If you had a normal politician (and that includes most of the republicans), they would have been so risk averse that we wouldn't have had a vaccine for 5 years. Most politicians' first reaction to the notion of a vaccine would be, you know, this could fail and would make me look bad. Better to just lock down and go the long distance on the vaccine, explaining that you're doing it to protect people from a bad vaccine.

Biden and his crew did exactly this up until the shot had been put in millions of arms and it freaking worked with almost no serious downside. By the time they got inaugurated, they had no choice but to do a 180, lest they look like fools. They still do a solid job looking like fools on almost anything else.

rgrachek

Head Coach
Gold Member
Dec 2, 2004
I mean, if you’re hearing things completely different than reality I guess that explains a lot of your posts. I’ll take that into consideration when you post from now on
JFC, another one of these stupid posts where you make a blanket statement saying that people are wrong - pure gaslighting. Trump stood up on stage every freaking day for 6 weeks and praised others for their work.

You guys are both low information people and complete jerks to others who know more than you.

I could post speech after speech and statement after statement from Trump praising others, and you would have the same reaction. Damn!

rgrachek

Head Coach
Gold Member
Dec 2, 2004
What you are taking about? The virus was discovered in Mid April. They had it sequenced in about 10 days and started on a vaccines immediately. The vaccines were approved 5 months later in September.

Just like above, Obama doesn’t deserve credit outside of letting the scientists do their work.
I don't remember an internet scoreboard. Obama did nothing to protect the public, he was too busy ruining the country.

Hardlyboy

Offensive Coordinator
Gold Member
Jan 26, 2011
From Trump's statement^^^, what's not true? It's also beside the point. Trump has praised countless people in the scientific and other disciplines for their work on COVID.

If you had a normal politician (and that includes most of the republicans), they would have been so risk averse that we wouldn't have had a vaccine for 5 years. Most politicians' first reaction to the notion of a vaccine would be, you know, this could fail and would make me look bad. Better to just lock down and go the long distance on the vaccine, explaining that you're doing it to protect people from a bad vaccine.

Biden and his crew did exactly this up until the shot had been put in millions of arms and it freaking worked with almost no serious downside. By the time they got inaugurated, they had no choice but to do a 180, lest they look like fools. They still do a solid job looking like fools on almost anything else.
LOL @ 5 years. Cultist gonna cult
How long did swine flu vaccine take?

rgrachek

Head Coach
Gold Member
Dec 2, 2004
LOL @ 5 years. Cultist gonna cult
How long did swine flu vaccine take?
This was a little more complicated than H1N1.

Man, is there a playbook that you guys have that tells you what to call people. Cultist? No reasonable person would call someone who has a different opinion then them a Cultist? Who's pulling your strings?

Hardlyboy

Offensive Coordinator
Gold Member
Jan 26, 2011
This was a little more complicated than H1N1.

Man, is there a playbook that you guys have that tells you what to call people. Cultist? No reasonable person would call someone who has a different opinion then them a Cultist? Who's pulling your strings?
Troll gonna troll. No one is this stupid in real life

damcde

All-American
Gold Member
Oct 22, 2007
I don't remember an internet scoreboard. Obama did nothing to protect the public, he was too busy ruining the country.

So per usual you have nothing to back up your statements. Here is a little timeline for you to help. My favorite part is that 11 days after initial finding, the government declared a Public Health Emergency. Doesn't jive with your "wait until mid May" to do something comment.

Reactions: sklarbodds

meribeau

Senior
Gold Member
Jan 19, 2005
It is pretty much true. Trump brags and takes credit for a lot more than Biden because Trump has narcissist personality disorder.

Can you image Biden saying this?

"I hope everyone remembers when they’re getting the COVID-19 (often referred to as the China Virus) Vaccine, that if I wasn’t President, you wouldn’t be getting that beautiful 'shot' for 5 years, at best, and probably wouldn’t be getting it at all,"
Sleepy Joe would have said is it 5 o’clock yet.