ADVERTISEMENT

Troy Walters gone...

Gotta give credit where its due. It takes commitment to your cause to have usernames that are so similar that they seem to go undetected, then actually quote yourself from the other user name as a reference to your point.

Mods, please ban

Did he bang your wife or something?
Which reminds me of a joke. A drunk Iowa fan returns home carrying a sheep under his arm. He's greeted by his irate wife yelling at him. "where the hell have you been?" He replies "at the bar" then looks at his sheep and adds "this is the pig I've been sleeping with." The furious wife looks at him and screams "You're drunk and that's a sheep not a pig!" The Iowa fan calmly replies to his wife "I wasn't talking to you".

Gotta give credit where its due. It takes commitment to your cause to have usernames that are so similar that they seem to go undetected, then actually quote yourself from the other user name as a reference to your point.

Mods, please ban

Amen.. Get the Nebraska reality cult out of here..

Reactions: dinglefritz
He's definitely going to be taking a paycut for sure

I am sure he will be paid the remainder of his assistant coach contract minus future employment salary. The public statements by Coach Frost and Coach Walters are classy. Walters was let go and will be paid. He didn’t leave empty handed. Winking

I attended Football 101 last summer. Coach Walters subbed in for Coach Frost when his wife gave birth to their new child. We were told that Coach Frost couldn’t attend because of the birth of his child.

We sat at the same table as Coach Walters during the lunch portion of the event. He was very personable and answered all of the question asked to him. He was very classy and getting to interact with him was one of the highlights of the trip.

I wish Coach Walters all the best.

Last edited:
Did he bang your wife or something?

You seem to know a lot about Iowa.....get lost.

Trust me, nobody hates Iowa more than me. Let a legit Iowa fan show up and I'll show you what I mean.

But at the same time I'm also tired of sugar coating the obvious sh*t that needs to be said.

Truth is NOBODY can defend Verduzco and his player(s) clearly regressing over the years. Well don't expect me to just sit back and not say anything about it. Somebody's got to point this stuff out. Keep sitting back there and acting like you don't see a problem with the most glaring issues of our team pretending like you like it. But that just doesn't work for me. I see an obvious problem and I got to say something about it.

I'll tell you guys what I do like:

I like our recruiting.
I love coach Held and coach Fisher who got obviously well deserved pay raises for their recruiting and coaching efforts. I like how Frost is making changes not allowing any complacency to set in for anybody on this team whether staff or players. I like a lot of stuff. But in case you haven't seen from our last 3 years of not making a bowl game we simply JUST......NEED....MORE.

As fans it's kind of our job to say and express ourselves of how we feel about this team, where we feel it can improve, what we believe the issues are. Frost has admitted in a press conference before that he did take some advice from an "outside source" of how to adjust his play-calling after the Colorado game. Where do you think that "outside source" came from? What I do know is that the fans were screaming their heads off about how he should not have been too conservative on the play-calling in that overtime. But anyway, my point is things have got to be said.

An Iowa fan would troll by let's say how many times they've beat you. How much better than Nebraska they are than you lately and such and such. But trust me I'm definitely not one of them. But you guys have GOT to understand that as I bleed Husker red I simply have GOT....TO....SEE....MORE.... from this team!!!

Reactions: howie 4 huskers
I'll tell you guys what I do like:

I like our recruiting.
I love coach Held and coach Fisher who got obviously well deserved pay raises for their recruiting and coaching efforts. I like how Frost is making changes not allowing any complacency to set in for anybody on this team whether staff or players. I like a lot of stuff. But in case you haven't seen from our last 3 years of not making a bowl game we simply JUST......NEED....MORE.

As fans it's kind of our job to say and express ourselves of how we feel about this team, where we feel it can improve, what we believe the issues are. Frost has admitted in a press conference before that he did take some advice from an "outside source" of how to adjust his play-calling after the Colorado game. Where do you think that "outside source" came from? What I do know is that the fans were screaming their heads off about how he should not have been too conservative on the play-calling in that overtime. But anyway, my point is things have got to be said.

An Iowa fan would troll by let's say how many times they've beat you. How much better than Nebraska they are than you lately and such and such. But trust me I'm definitely not one of them. But you guys have GOT to understand that as I bleed Husker red I simply have GOT....TO....SEE....MORE.... from this team!!!

OK why then such a lame name .1

You can’t think of anything better than that crap..

You’re a reality sitting on a key board..

OK why then such a lame name .1

You can’t think of anything better than that crap..

You’re a reality sitting on a key board..

I answer one thing you're pondering only for you to just come up with another. Look, I'm not here to explain my whole life philosophies to you or anyone on this thread. I'm here to talk about Nebraska football, the thing that I love and blead.

I love Husker football so much that when I'm disappointed in it I reeaaallly feel it to the point where I have to express it probably more than the average fan will. And right now I don't think no player whether currently on the team or coming in should be praised while they're on this team until they prove it on the FIELD! PERIOD!!!

I answer one thing you're pondering only for you to just come up with another. Look, I'm not here to explain my whole life philosophies to you or anyone on this thread. I'm here to talk about Nebraska football, the thing that I love and blead.

I love Husker football so much that when I'm disappointed in it I reeaaallly feel it to the point where I have to express it probably more than the average fan will. And right now I don't think no player whether currently on the team or coming in should be praised while they're on this team until they prove it on the FIELD! PERIOD!!!

Your here to stir $&it reality...

Go .away

Reactions: Bugeater
Your here to stir $&it reality...

Go .away

lol I was told by a message from that "Husker Reality" or whatever his name is dude that the second people believe you're not a Nebraska fan that they tend to remain adamant about it. Seems like he was right and there's nothing I can do to sway your mind. But whatever.

I'm going to continue supporting my Huskers and expressing my "opinion" on them wherever I feel needs be.

I am sure he will be paid the remainder of his assistant coach contract minus future employment salary. The public statements by Coach Frost and Coach Walters are classy. Walters was let go and will be paid. He didn’t leave empty handed. Winking

I attended Football 101 last summer. Coach Walters subbed in for Coach Frost when his wife gave birth to their new child. We were told that Coach Frost couldn’t attend because of the birth of his child.

We sat at the same table as Coach Walters during the lunch portion of the event. He was very personable and answered all of the question asked to him. He was very classy and getting to interact with him was one of the highlights of the trip.

I wish Coach Walters all the best.

For sure. Nice story, thanks for sharing! I've heard that about him. I'm kind of surprised it was Walters that left. Bummer it didn't work out but I that's Power 5 football.

I think it's safe to say that by now Scott takes care of the people he trusts. I have no doubt Walters will land somewhere good.

is this going to hurt recruiting?

I read walters was OC but frost called the plays. will the new guy call the plays?

https://www.espn.com/college-footba...matt-lubick-replaces-troy-walters-nebraska-oc

giphy.gif

Reactions: scarletred
Respect to Frost for doing what needed to be done and firing these guys who are regressing instead of progressing.

I think coach Verduzco might be next as well and/or coach Austin.
Completely wrong IMO. Verduzco has built up the most talented/stacked QB room we've seen at Nebraska in years. And Austin just got promoted with an additional job title and has some young studs coming up on the OL. Neither of those guys are going any where any time soon unless they get a much better job.

Why can't no one defend keeping Verduzco who clearly regressed his player(s) this past season?
Because the backups looked well prepared this year when they got in and Martinez played very well as a freshman. Verduzco deserves another year. If we don't have a starting quarterback ready to go next season, then I'd see your point on whether we should keep him.

Reactions: countrybob
Completely wrong IMO. Verduzco has built up the most talented/stacked QB room we've seen at Nebraska in years. And Austin just got promoted with an additional job title and has some young studs coming up on the OL. Neither of those guys are going any where any time soon unless they get a much better job.
Counterpoint...Adrian came in as a top 3 talent at qb, a 5 star if he was healthy,...showed out throughout his true freshman year and then regressed quite dramatically, especially in decision making, mechanics, and running ability. The other two qbs do not have a victory as a starter, with Vedral being blown out in one start, and fumbling away the game in the other. Luke wasn't given a chance to show the full range of his ability and we won't know about his "progress" until a year or two. I do know that coach V. seems unstable at times, and puts a huge amount of pressure on the kids. He is probably a better qb trainer, rather than in season coach. Evidence the fact that he talked about killing himself after one of the losses. #1: This is a careless but harmless statement about suicide in a time high suicide rates, #2: He is unstable and doesn't handle failure particularly well, and his qbs(Adrian) can only take it personally. Nothing good can come of public statements such as these.

Last edited:
Counterpoint...Adrian came in as a top 3 talent at qb, a 5 star if he was healthy,...showed out throughout his true freshman year and then regressed quite dramatically, especially in decision making, mechanics, and running ability. The other two qbs do not have a victory as a starter, with Vedral being blown out in one start, and fumbling away the game in the other. Luke wasn't given a chance to show the full range of his ability and we won't know about his "progress" until a year or two. I do know that coach V. seems unstable at times, and puts a huge amount of pressure on the kids. He is probably a better qb trainer, rather than in season coach. Evidence the fact that he talked about killing himself after one of the losses. #1: This is a careless but harmless statement about suicide in a time high suicide rates, #2: He is unstable and doesn't handle failure particularly well, and his qbs(Adrian) can only take it personally. Nothing good can come of public statements such as these.
Verduzco is definitely quirky, I'll give you that. But there's nothing to me that indicates he's unstable. I remember the quote you're talking about killing himself, but the comment seemed more like a poor choice of words and a bad joke rather than he was actually serious.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT