ADVERTISEMENT

Trey Palmer — It Was Good To Know Ya’

Badger Pete

Walk On
Dec 22, 2013
Congratulations to Trey on his incredible play this year.

Congrats to MJ and Whip for showcasing his incredible skills in a Husker uniform. He will be 22 years old come the NFL draft. Unfortunaley, he gone.

Trey currently leads the nation in receiving yards! Great example how the transfer portal works in a positive way. https://www.espn.com/college-footba.../table/receiving/sort/receivingYards/dir/desc
I said it before in a previous post, that there's not a better player than Palmer in the BIG other the CJ Stroud. His performance vs Purdue helped support my argument.
He will be gone after this year and will be a star in the NFL (I hope my team, the NYG, draft him).

his speed and ability to change direction at high speed is great, probably should stay next year to work on breaking tackles in cb traffic.

Reactions: OzzyLvr
I said it before in a previous post, that there's not a better player than Palmer in the BIG other the CJ Stroud. His performance vs Purdue helped support my argument.
He will be gone after this year and will be a star in the NFL (I hope my team, the NYG, draft him).
Lions or browns will get him and after 5 lackluster years he will become all pro at a decent team.

Reactions: BleedRed78
If he gets a draft evaluation and is a day 1 type guy, he would be absolutely nuts not to go and I would wholeheartedly support his decision, no matter the impact on the team next year. The transfer portal can be a great equalizer for a rebuilding program like NU, shining examples of how to use the portal (like Palmer) can really pay dividends down the road. Hoping Wynn can somehow rise up to that level, he has some measurables.

If he gets a draft evaluation and is a day 1 type guy, he would be absolutely nuts not to go and I would wholeheartedly support his decision, no matter the impact on the team next year. The transfer portal can be a great equalizer for a rebuilding program like NU, shining examples of how to use the portal (like Palmer) can really pay dividends down the road. Hoping Wynn can somehow rise up to that level, he has some measurables.
A blind squirrel finds a nut. You’re not going to get a Palmer but every 3 to 5 years. Doesn’t really matter when you get 1 or 2 when your other 20 are mid 3* with very few P5 offers. This was a one off for sure. I think you’ll see more like the Bama kid, Texas QB - CT.

I don't know about that, but I believe someone who has Palmer like athleticism who could be the go-to guy when Palmer leaves is Tommie Hill. Give him a couple of camps to learn the position, and he will be a force on offense.
Hill is actually competent at returning kicks. Kid has a lot of natural athleticism and could be used how Betts may have been used. Navigates traffic with the ball well. Can he run a route? Can he block a defender?

There has certainly been a change in philosophy - you don’t see much of Belt - Liewer - Hahn - Weinmaster anymore

apologies if any of these guys are injured

Remember when Whipp said Treys better than Jordan Addison and everyone laughed at him… think he was being honest

A blind squirrel finds a nut. You’re not going to get a Palmer but every 3 to 5 years. Doesn’t really matter when you get 1 or 2 when your other 20 are mid 3* with very few P5 offers. This was a one off for sure. I think you’ll see more like the Bama kid, Texas QB - CT.
Joseph has something to say about that...

I will say that the difference between a Garret Wilson contract and a George Pickens contract is substantial. If Trey looking at the 2nd round this year, I think he could double down and improve to a high first round in 2024 draft.

But I think Mickey would need to also stay for Palmer to trust the gamble. And with todays NIL money, it makes the year one “loss” easier. And I think Mickey would lead him well.

Hawk fan here

I told a friend of mine before the Purdue game that #3 was the best player in the conference that nobody knows. He looked at me weird and then watched the game.

Reactions: Huskerpro
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT