ADVERTISEMENT

Trey Frahm (commits) plus 2 more commits January 21 plus 1 Jan 23 plus 1 Jan 26

Hskrbsbl2020

Redshirt Freshman
Dec 1, 2019
Keep an eye on this one. Not sure if it'd be a semester transfer or after the '22 season but there's a lot of mutual interest. I'd much rather have him at semester as it guarantees he's with us for 2 seasons. Former Elkhorn High, originally committed to Kansas State but decided to go JUCO instead so he's currently at College of Southern Nevada.

He's been offered as a OF/P & is currently in Lincoln this weekend.

Last edited:
Sweet. Have you found out if this is a midyear transfer? I didn't see any details on it in his tweeter.

Looked at his stats I am guessing he could help the OF right away. He has some arm talent but looks like he needs to work on throwing strikes. I am sure Coach Christie and Coach Childress will be of tremendous help in developing that aspect of his game.

Last edited:
As far as I know, he'll enroll for the 2022-2023 school year. I was hoping it would be at the semester break, which wasn't discussed to my knowledge, as that guarantees Frahm would be here for 2 seasons. He's still 2022 draft eligible at a JUCO and that scares me.

I'm not worried about his control issues though. Frahm's primary focus has always been on throwing as hard as possible but he's mature enough to understand what's the priority heading forward. Remember Cam Wynne struggled as well until Christy got ahold of him & I feel we'll see the same thing with Frahm. This kid oozes with ability.

I think we found our replacement for Schwelly!

We need a cannon to replace Schwelly's and looks like we found it!

I’m hearing he really wants to play for Nebraska. I worry he will get drafted too high with hitting 100 this past weekend. I’m hearing 300-400k will sway him to playing professional ball.

Reactions: Reditus
I’m hearing he really wants to play for Nebraska. I worry he will get drafted too high with hitting 100 this past weekend. I’m hearing 300-400k will sway him to playing professional ball.
Thanks for the info. So if I have my facts correct...10th round or better he's likely to go pro.

Thanks for the info. So if I have my facts correct...10th round or better he's likely to go pro.
I’m thinking 5th round or better. He saw what Cade Povich did in his short time at Nebraska and sees himself in that position. Also, Povich hit 95 this weekend.

I’m thinking 5th round or better. He saw what Cade Povich did in his short time at Nebraska and sees himself in that position. Also, Povich hit 95 this weekend.
And that was before Nebraska brought in Childress.

I stand corrected, thank you.

Found this too which helps..

First and last sentence contradict each other. If he really wants to play for Nebraska, his minimum number should be 2nd round and not a penny less.

Povich hit 95 quite a bit during his short time in Florida. Not sure who told you that for this past weekend but it's wrong. He's still ramping up.

Last edited:
Got another huge arm today from JUCO, and I mean huge. Legit offer from an in-state school down south and he picked us. Also a 2025 local kid close to Haymarket, which is another huge win as this kid will absolutely blow up this summer.

2025 class has a few more local guys, could end up rivaling classes of 2018 & 2021. There's also a local 2026 kid who was documented 81-83 this past weekend at a PG tournament. That's no joke for an 8th grader.

Brett Sears RHP from Iowa Central CC. Originally from Harlan, went to Western Illinois where he beat Louisville, then transferred to ICCC. Control has been an issue but he did have a pretty big fall for ICCC. Pretty big arm & potential to get as a preferred walk-on. I wish we got the Dermody kid from there but we didn't look at him for whatever reason.

Last edited:
Not an ideal outing for Trey, but his velo held. Sayer Diederich started the game and had control issues as well.

Brett Sears RHP from Iowa Central CC. Originally from Harlan, went to Western Illinois where he beat Louisville, then transferred to ICCC. Control has been an issue but he did have a pretty big fall for ICCC. Pretty big arm & potential to get as a preferred walk-on. I wish we got the Dermody kid from there but we didn't look at him for whatever reason.

Any relation to former Husker Baseball's Todd Sears?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT