ADVERTISEMENT

Trevor Lawrence has tested positive for COVID-19

I think the SEC, ACC and Big 12 can easily get through a whole season. Vitamin D levels are high enough in the south that the true outbreak will be muted. Of course Florida and Texas are going to catch New York eventually in deaths but won't and haven't had the huge spike that we saw in March where New York was looking at 800% excess deaths. That could be replicated in northern cities however because of indoor behaviors and lower vitamin D, especially if hospitals are overflow and patients can't get the therapeutic treatments. Big 10 could easily shutdown and we have to watch the south continue.

I think the SEC, ACC and Big 12 can easily get through a whole season. Vitamin D levels are high enough in the south that the true outbreak will be muted. Of course Florida and Texas are going to catch New York eventually in deaths but won't and haven't had the huge spike that we saw in March where New York was looking at 800% excess deaths. That could be replicated in northern cities however because of indoor behaviors and lower vitamin D, especially if hospitals are overflow and patients can't get the therapeutic treatments. Big 10 could easily shutdown and we have to watch the south continue.

I highly doubt that because they aren't actually killing people from highly invasive, unnecessary ventilator use like they were doing on the east coast early on.

And for statistical evidence:

NY 27,744 cases per million population; 1,729 deaths per million population
FLA 36,998 cases per million population; 776 deaths per million population
TX 32,504 cases per million population; 635 deaths per million population

FLA and TX have had more positive tests and far fewer deaths. They should already be surpassed NY in deaths per capita, but they are not, they didn't botch it like Cuomo did.

Last edited:
I highly doubt that because they aren't actually killing people from highly invasive, unnecessary ventilator use like they were doing on the east coast early on.

And for statistical evidence:

NY 27,744 cases per million population; 1,729 deaths per million population
FLA 36,998 cases per million population; 776 deaths per million population
TX 32,504 cases per million population; 635 deaths per million population

FLA and TX have had more positive tests and far fewer deaths. They should already be surpassed NY in deaths per capita, but they are not, they didn't botch it like Cuomo did.
And those Fla and TX physicians certainly didn't learn anything from Europe, asia, and the Northeast US for what helps and doesn't, nor did they benefit from remdisivor, plasma donations from NYers, and a handful of other treatments that are more effective based on viral loads, or what helps based upon where one is from symptom onset.

You are right about vent use - we've learned you don't want to go there.

The projection that Florida or Tx did something right is way off target.

Reactions: Melmc
That ventilator drama blows my mind. We went into war like production of them because of this perceived lack of them. Now, thousands sit crated up in warehouses.

The same medical technocracy running our lives now could not have been more wrong at how to approach this virus. Trust the experts? Ya, they get it wrong ALOT.

Reactions: Bigred_b1624
And those Fla and TX physicians certainly didn't learn anything from Europe, asia, and the Northeast US for what helps and doesn't, nor did they benefit from remdisivor, plasma donations from NYers, and a handful of other treatments that are more effective based on viral loads, or what helps based upon where one is from symptom onset.

I did not take covid to figure that shit out.

I'm talking about the ventilators you dolt
original post stands - a wee bit was learned about vent mortality and covid since march.It's about 45% in NE, much higher than typical vent usage.

That ventilator drama blows my mind. We went into war like production of them because of this perceived lack of them. Now, thousands sit crated up in warehouses.

The same medical technocracy running our lives now could not have been more wrong at how to approach this virus. Trust the experts? Ya, they get it wrong ALOT.

Take this for how you want. I talked to a guy this past weekend who just retired after 30+ years in military service. The most recent assignment was as hospital administrator in Germany. He said he was in all the calls with European personnel. Apparently, the more we have learned about C19 since the outbreak earlier in the year is that it is not a respiratory issue but the virus is attacking the vessels. Ventilators won't do a darn thing. While not a doctor (other than an amateur gynecologist), it appears this is more of a circulatory problem. No wonder the elderly and those with heart problems are more vulnerable - and most young people are not.

Maybe our doctors on the Board can confirm?

Take this for how you want. I talked to a guy this past weekend who just retired after 30+ years in military service. The most recent assignment was as hospital administrator in Germany. He said he was in all the calls with European personnel. Apparently, the more we have learned about C19 since the outbreak earlier in the year is that it is not a respiratory issue but the virus is attacking the vessels. Ventilators won't do a darn thing. While not a doctor (other than an amateur gynecologist), it appears this is more of a circulatory problem. No wonder the elderly and those with heart problems are more vulnerable - and most young people are not.

Maybe our doctors on the Board can confirm?

Everything was known by at least the first week of April. New York kept right along with their protocols.

I posted this on April 8th from an April 5th blog post.

"Well, it looks like in the cases that the immune system doesn't fight off the virus fast enough or possible other underlying conditions that the coronavirus inhibits the blood's ability to deliver oxygen. Thus, ventilators do not do any good as they are delivering oxygen to lungs that are delivering it to blood that can't transport it."

Everything was known by at least the first week of April. New York kept right along with their protocols.

"Well, it looks like in the cases that the immune system doesn't fight off the virus fast enough or possible other underlying conditions that the coronavirus inhibits the blood's ability to deliver oxygen. Thus, ventilators do not do any good as they are delivering oxygen to lungs that are delivering it to blood that can't transport it."

Ventilators are still used. Not as much, but still used. You should send your vita to the leading health systems...clearly you’d be helpful

the mortality rate of COVID patients requiring mechanical ventilation enrolled in the RECOVERY TRIAL was 29% in the steroid group and 41% in the usual care group

I don’t think you can conclude - ventilators do not do any good

Recovery Trial

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT