ADVERTISEMENT

Trev is walking a tightrope

I'm not as overawed by someone like Lance Leipold as the rest of the fanbase is right now. The meat of Kansas' schedule is coming up and that 5-0 will likely diminish to a 8-5 by the time the season is over. Successful, yeah, but let's not go bananas over every coach that has a big year on a team that isn't supposed to be good. The level of success that weare shooting for says a lot about the coach that we pursue. Ae we just wanting to be above average or compete for NCs? We'll need an ace recruiter, program builder, etc for the latter.
It will take at least six more games to really get a good idea of how MJ would do as head coach. If we grade him on the last game and the improvements overall it is an A+. But there is a lot more to evaluate.
The only coach I would hire quickly and for top salary is the only one that has basically proven to be a sure thing: Urban Meyer. Short of Meyer, I'm willing to wait it out and see what MJ can do a bit longer and be ready to offer him the job if he has the desire and the plan to bring the program to the top.
Your right but 8-5 at Kansas wow.

I don't profess to know what he is thinking, but as far as our new coach goes, if Mickey is moderately successful, it's going to be hard not to make him the coach because he has a lot of fans among his team and the general population.

If this thing stalls out, it's an easier proposition to move on.

If he's pretty much .500, what do you do? Most of the stench still belongs to man boy Scott Frost.
What tight rope.

I don't think Trev is someone who will listen to any outside noise and/or feel it. I think it's going to be his decision and he will have the conviction in his pick without giving into pressure from any boosters.

ADVERTISEMENT