ADVERTISEMENT

Trev called urban after the press conferance

redwine65

Offensive Coordinator
Jun 23, 2010
and asked if he would be open to a position of head coach at Nebraska...
urban said at this time he is not, he wants to do tv and spend time with the family.
so thats that on urban....

which leads us to the biggest coaching decision in football ball history:

there's a man in lil rock arkansaw who would be a THE best fit for NU football,
but he's being railroaded by pc libs....
I think this is the path forward.
"The main thing is what happens on saturdays"
"All I'm asking for is a chance"
hello trev....

Last edited:
urban said at this time he is not, he wants to do tv and spend time with the family.

hello trev....

I'm not sure if it's "the pc libs." 😂 I think we now live in an era where everything we do is now documented, whether it is written (email), on video somewhere, or just the fact that we all now live in an Orwellian society.

I think most organizations are reluctant to be associated with the sentiments expressed by Gruden in those emails. He still has his right to freedom of speech, but virtually ALL organizations (even conservative ones) wouldn't want to have such a person as a leader or figurehead, seeing as that person is supposed to represent the organization (in this case, the Raiders).

I don't necessarily think Gruden truly believes or behaves in a manner reflecting the words in those emails. And I do think he would be awesome as a coach at Nebraska, sans the racism and homophobia.

Last edited:
Reactions: BleedRed78
I'm not sure if it's "the pc libs. 😂 I think we now live in an era where everything we do is now documented, whether it is written (email), on video somewhere, or just the fact that we all now live in an Orwellian society.

I think most organizations are reluctant to be associated with the sentiments expressed by Gruden in those emails. He still has his right to freedom of speech, but virtually ALL organizations (even conservative ones) wouldn't want to have such a person as a leader or figurehead, seeing as that person is supposed to represent the organization (in this case, the Raiders).

I don't necessarily think Gruden truly believes or behaves in a manner reflecting the words in those emails. And I do think he would be awesome as a coach at Nebraska, sans the racism and homophobia.

hello trev....

I can confirm this is true

This post is great. It has a fake story about a phone call to Urban that didn't happen and a suggestion to reach out to a former NFL coach/announcer who isn't working.

I thought it could have included a third act about a friend who installs cable in Lincoln or a realtor, but beggars can't be choosers.

Brace yourself for the coming of all kinds of posted fake rumors posing as facts during the coaching search. Happens every time because fans are desperate for any clues. And trolls take advantage of that opportunity as they laugh away.

Brace yourself for the coming of all kinds of posted fake rumors posing as facts during the coaching search. Happens every time because fans are desperate for any clues. And trolls take advantage of that opportunity as they laugh away.
everybody and their moms mom was going to say urban, which they have, he ain't going to lincoln, so I ended that..but if your trev 1 quick call wouldn't be the worse thing in the world..

then you have everybody and their moms mom say we need coaches that get players to the nfl "cause all our players are nfl bound now" (and we can't be a running team anymore cause that isn't nfl) sigh...so if we are infact talking..nfl....mr. gruden is about that life...the patriot old coach is retired, but mr. gruden seems to want to coach..so..if the nfl is going to blackball him....well....

I believe we have no shot at urban. He is not coming to this dumpster fire.

I'm not sure if it's "the pc libs. 😂 I think we now live in an era where everything we do is now documented, whether it is written (email), on video somewhere, or just the fact that we all now live in an Orwellian society.

Fing Cancel Culture just tried to destroy so many good people. We all need to push back on it and say NO. Nothing in those emails warranted the character assassination that guy endured. We are living in a society where one type of person (white male) is given absolutely zero lenience for anything, while black LGBT thems can get by with every terrible utterance imaginable (don't believe me - look at the comments by the professor at Carnegie Mellon). The good OU coach repeated a word that one group uses with impunity to refer to each other and he's immediately fired. It doesn't make any sense.
Gruden would be a great hire and if there are PC people that oppose us because of it, screw them. I remember what Nick Saban said about hiring Sarkisian. "I knew how talented he was and everybody makes mistakes." That's why Saban always has a great staff and Texas now appears to have a good coach that can recruit,

hello trev....

A little early in the morning for some red wine, don’t you think

Fing Cancel Culture just tried to destroy so many good people. We all need to push back on it and say NO. Nothing in those emails warranted the character assassination that guy endured. We are living in a society where one type of person (white male) is given absolutely zero lenience for anything, while black LGBT thems can get by with every terrible utterance imaginable (don't believe me - look at the comments by the professor at Carnegie Mellon). The good OU coach repeated a word that one group uses with impunity to refer to each other and he's immediately fired. It doesn't make any sense.
Gruden would be a great hire and if there are PC people that oppose us because of it, screw them. I remember what Nick Saban said about hiring Sarkisian. "I knew how talented he was and everybody makes mistakes." That's why Saban always has a great staff and Texas now appears to have a good coach that can recruit,

• Haha

hello trev....

You suck at trolling XD

Reactions: redwine65
I believe we have no shot at urban. He is not coming to this dumpster fire.
as is no other coach with a brain. Too many cooks in the kitchen here in Lincoln. Look at this board. All experts in coaching and now think they are know who is best. Over 90% of the lurkers here on the site thought SF was the second coming and that proved incorrect. So all you experts STFU

I have no idea who can come here and be successful. There are all kinds of good coaches out there. There’s more bad ones. I would like someone like Sam Pittman who is at Arkansas. They have some beef on their lines and they play tough.

as is no other coach with a brain. Too many cooks in the kitchen here in Lincoln. Look at this board. All experts in coaching and now think they are know who is best. Over 90% of the lurkers here on the site thought SF was the second coming and that proved incorrect. So all you experts STFU
As far as cooks in the kitchen go, this place is no different than any other big time program

I have no idea who can come here and be successful. There are all kinds of good coaches out there. There’s more bad ones. I would like someone like Sam Pittman who is at Arkansas. They have some beef on their lines and they play tough.
Would be a home run hire imo

Would be a home run hire imo
FWIW there was another head coach who casually mentioned that he had received a call from NU to gauge his interest after the NW loss. IF I remember correctly it was Doeren. No doubt calls were made at least days if not weeks before that press conference. Frost looked to me during the game like a guy who knew he was gone

After hanging up with Urban Meyer, Trev called PJ Fleck and he said, "I'm happy where I'm at right now because I have an oar stuck in my ass."

Trev then called Matt Campbell and he said, "no thanks, I can't handle pressure which is why I'm happy here at Indiana Sta... errr uhhh I mean Iowa State."

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT