ADVERTISEMENT

Travis Hunter

What a shocker. Says he went to Jackson state to make a difference, then leaves as soon as Deion is gone. Not that there is anything wrong with following a coach you love, but why not just say you love Deion from the beginning?

Well, he got his 100k subscribers. And he announced his commitment to - Colorado.

giphy.gif

Caught the tying TD from Sanders Jr on 4th down in the Championship game. Doesn’t matter what division, these 2 kids can play ball. Hate the look at me crap for attention but a lot of talent heading to CU.

I was wondering if he was going to give Prime the finger because Prime didn't really speak to glowingly of him at his intro presser. Guess it was no biggie in the end.

Caught the tying TD from Sanders Jr on 4th down in the Championship game. Doesn’t matter what division, these 2 kids can play ball. Hate the look at me crap for attention but a lot of talent heading to CU.
No. They had the 50th ranked recruiting class coming off a 1-11 season in which they got routinely blown out. Of their 20 recruits (almost all 3 stars), 7 are wide receivers. That is not the way to build a program. They will win 2-3 games next year. They have no lines on either side of the ball.

Reactions: SkerInCo
No. They had the 50th ranked recruiting class coming off a 1-11 season in which they got routinely blown out. Of their 20 recruits (almost all 3 stars), 7 are wide receivers. That is not the way to build a program. They will win 2-3 games next year. They have no lines on either side of the ball.
How did they do on the transfer market?

They are going from playing glorified high school football to big boy football. Going to guess long season ahead for sCUm

Read a few articles on them this morn and the general concensous was a top 25 class which I found pretty great all things considered..

They got Sanders kid, Hunter, and edge rusher from West Virginia, Taijh Alston. a 2 star IOL from Jackson, a 3 star IOL from Missouri St, a 3 star LB from Clemson, Vonte Bentley, a 3 star OT from Kent, and an unranked DL from Dartmouth Shane Cokes.

Reactions: WHCSC
Read a few articles on them this morn and the general concensous was a top 25 class which I found pretty great all things considered..
Don't get me wrong, I am a firm believer in stars matter, but I would agree that the Colorado class is lacking some substance. The high school class was propped up by the 2 4 stars in Edwards and Hopkins, both skill guys. The rest of the class is made up of a bunch of average players. The transfer ranking is only high because of Sanders and Hunter, again skill position guys.

I will admit I have no idea who their OL or DL coaches are and if they are planning on developing. But what I see is a lot of skill guys and not much else.

I may be wrong, but I don't see Sanders being there for several years, hell health alone he may only be there a few years. Those blood clots were no joke. Regardless, if he was trying to win right now, I am not sure he got the class he needs to improve a 1 win team to much more than that. I also don't think he did much to help his kid look good for the NFL scouts. But that is just me.

They are so devoid of
Talent it’s kind of sad. Multi year rebuild. They have no NIL to speak of and, unless they can find a way to win immediately, Deion’s act will wear thin quickly.

Jackson State is a step above intramurals. Wait until the athletes they play against aren’t the next employees at the rental car counter.

Don't get me wrong, I am a firm believer in stars matter, but I would agree that the Colorado class is lacking some substance. The high school class was propped up by the 2 4 stars in Edwards and Hopkins, both skill guys. The rest of the class is made up of a bunch of average players. The transfer ranking is only high because of Sanders and Hunter, again skill position guys.

I will admit I have no idea who their OL or DL coaches are and if they are planning on developing. But what I see is a lot of skill guys and not much else.

I may be wrong, but I don't see Sanders being there for several years, hell health alone he may only be there a few years. Those blood clots were no joke. Regardless, if he was trying to win right now, I am not sure he got the class he needs to improve a 1 win team to much more than that. I also don't think he did much to help his kid look good for the NFL scouts. But that is just me.
Blood clots? Is that why he seems so old? Wake like a frail old man.

Sounds like a let down

I think they did well, really as well as would have been reasonably expected. But the whole idea that the best players in the nation would just flock to Boulder to play for an unproven coach because he just so cool, was pretty laughable.

Agree on all counts and the same thing happened with us and Malachi...he vaulted us about what? 15 (or more) spots? Deion walked into a very tough situation, moreso than us because Colorado doesn't have the fan support/boosters in place like we do/did, with Rhule. Prime also had less time than Rhule, and spent half of it coaching another team...if the rumor of a booster scratching a 10mil NIL check when Prime got there is true (and i've no idea if it is) next years class will be a great baramoter how well he will do there.

I think, all things considered, he did pretty good this year...but next year he won't have 2 4 stars in his back pocket either like he did this year (his son and the safety)...so we'll see.

Reactions: headcard
Agree on all counts and the same thing happened with us and Malachi...he vaulted us about what? 15 (or more) spots? Deion walked into a very tough situation, moreso than us because Colorado doesn't have the fan support/boosters in place like we do/did, with Rhule. Prime also had less time than Rhule, and spent half of it coaching another team...if the rumor of a booster scratching a 10mil NIL check when Prime got there is true (and i've no idea if it is) next years class will be a great baramoter how well he will do there.

I think, all things considered, he did pretty good this year...but next year he won't have 2 4 stars in his back pocket either like he did this year (his son and the safety)...so we'll see.
He was said to be a recruit magnet and that the 4 & 5 stars would flock to him. Didn't happen.

Reactions: headcard
What a bunch of jackoffs. Makes me hate Colorado even more. Not sure having a team of self promoting individuals is gonna work at this level, and their coach is the biggest one of all.

The best part about Deion being at CU is they will play some very good teams in conference that will want to kick the living shit out of them. That Utah USC title game was a hard hitting dogfight, I think Oregon will become more smash mouth with lanning in time as well. Looking forward to playing Colorado and I hope with an adult in charge who emphasizes line play we can have a good ole fashioned buffalo massacre

Deion landed 8 from the portal transfer, 3 of the 8 are from Jackson St, Lber from Clemson and Edge rusher from West Virginia and offensive lineman from Missouri St.

ADVERTISEMENT