ADVERTISEMENT

Travis Fisher gets his raise

Ruud was a great player, but why does he deserve a raise? Am I missing something? ILBs havent been great (i know that can largely be a function of our current talent).
He land some big time recruits that I dont know about?
Henrich and Hickman were both considered to be on their way out of state before Ruud came along.

Reactions: OzzyLvr
yabba-dabba-doo-gif.gif

Ruud was a great player, but why does he deserve a raise? Am I missing something? ILBs havent been great (i know that can largely be a function of our current talent).
He has recruited his position well: Heinrich, Hannah, Snodgrass, Mauga, Green. But our ILB play has been rough.

Reactions: SeaOfRed75
He has recruited his position well: Heinrich, Hannah, Snodgrass, Mauga, Green. But our ILB play has been rough.
You list Green. Didnt Fisher recuit him? Does the same apply for some of the others listed? ILBs but did Ruud actually recruit them?

You list Green. Didnt Fisher recuit him? Does the same apply for some of the others listed? ILBs but did Ruud actually recruit them?
I think they both did, as well as Frost. Pretty sure he had a hand in all the guys listed, plus the 2021 kid from SD.

Reactions: SeaOfRed75
He gotta do more on and off the field !

Ruud doesn't need a raise, he's not going anywhere. He's lifelong Husker.

Held has head-coaching aspirations, so it will probably be hard to keep him much longer in a position-coach role. I don't know what Fisher's career aspirations are, but he's likely going to get several more SEC offers in the coming years. It will be hard to keep him away from warmer climates closer to home.

He had nothing to do with snodgrass.

actually on 24/7 it shows Barrett Ruud as Snodgrass main recruiter. I can’t post link, you will have to go look yourself.

Barrett Ruud is also Top 100 LB Randolph Kpai’s and Top 100 OT Teddy Prochazka lead recruiter as well. Dudes doing pretty well as a recruiter. GBR

Last edited:
The only reason Ruud isn't getting the same raise as Fisher and Held is because he has just started his assistant coaching career. He'll be well taken care of down the road when he has a little more tenure under his belt. And IT IS ABOUT TIME they gave Held a raise to a competitive salary level.

actually on 24/7 it shows Barrett Ruud as Snodgrass main recruiter. I can’t post link, you will have to go look yourself.

Barrett Ruud is also Top 100 LB Randolph Kpai’s and Top 100 OT Teddy Prochazka lead recruiter as well. Dudes doing pretty well as a recruiter. GBR
Ruuds territory in recruiting is the midwest area.

Reactions: huskerssalts
The coaches have areas split up in areas they have good contacts in, but even in some areas where a coach is assigned to, another may know a city,like miamibetter than the area coach does, then of course, the direct position coach is involved as well.

The only reason Ruud isn't getting the same raise as Fisher and Held is because he has just started his assistant coaching career. He'll be well taken care of down the road when he has a little more tenure under his belt. And IT IS ABOUT TIME they gave Held a raise to a competitive salary level.
Didn’t Ruud get a raise last year?

Don’t forget that Ruud already has more money than he can spend - maybe he’s just fine with the people around him getting paid. Not to mention, our LB play has been atrocious so it’s pretty hard to justify a raise when the position you coach has been so bad.

And he’s already making $200k/year - that kind of money alone can go a long ways when you’re living in Lincoln, NE.

Reactions: Oldie but goodie
Ruud doesn't need a raise, he's not going anywhere. He's lifelong Husker.

Held has head-coaching aspirations, so it will probably be hard to keep him much longer in a position-coach role. I don't know what Fisher's career aspirations are, but he's likely going to get several more SEC offers in the coming years. It will be hard to keep him away from warmer climates closer to home.
I don't really care who goes where or when. I understand in this day and age the odds of keeping top recruiters and coaches more than 5 year is probably slim. I just hope we can keep them until this thing is rolling full steam ahead. Once it gets going, coaches are plug and play for the most part.

Don’t forget that Ruud already has more money than he can spend - maybe he’s just fine with the people around him getting paid. Not to mention, our LB play has been atrocious so it’s pretty hard to justify a raise when the position you coach has been so bad.

And he’s already making $200k/year - that kind of money alone can go a long ways when you’re living in Lincoln, NE.
I don't think he "has more money than he can spend". I think he has a wife and my wife is quite capable of spending more money that Ruud has made in his career. That said, he had 5-6 years in the NFL and should be vested in their retirement system which is a really nice deal. I'm not sure what else he could be doing right now that he would love as much though as being a Husker position coach.

OK, if you say so. Not exactly the big recruit of the bunch though.
I'm just saying that snodgrass was going to be a husker no matter what, and it was Riley that gave him the offer. No diss on Ruud because I think he's done a fine job in recruiting, just saying that it really didnt matter who the LB coach was going to be, both Snodgrass and Garrett were going to be in lincoln if given the chance.

Reactions: huskerssalts
I'm just saying that snodgrass was going to be a husker no matter what, and it was Riley that gave him the offer. No diss on Ruud because I think he's done a fine job in recruiting, just saying that it really didnt matter who the LB coach was going to be, both Snodgrass and Garrett were going to be in lincoln if given the chance.

That I do agree with that, Ruud was his lead recruiter but it wouldn’t have matter who handled Snodgrass recruiting, he was always going to be a Husker.

ADVERTISEMENT