ADVERTISEMENT

Travion Ford

Had hopes of breaking into STL with Ford. It’s a regional hotbed that we just haven’t been able to get into. Bryant woulda been a good ambassador if he could’ve finished his career.

Reactions: headcard
This site might lose it when they hear about Keagan Johnson's recent recruitment. Lol

nah, it’s a few Iowa guys predicting KJ to Iowa. While the Nebraska guys predict Nebraska. This happens a lot when a prospect like both teams. The Iowa guys make a call and he brags about their team...which leads to them predicting their own Iowa team. And vise versa for the Huskers.

it’s still 60% Huskers and 20% Iowa per 24/7. On Rivals a bunch of Iowa guys picked Iowa. While a couple Nebraska guys picked Nebraska.

no worries though, K Johnson will take officials first and I’m confident Frost and our Huskers will get him.

nah, it’s a few Iowa guys predicting KJ to Iowa. While the Nebraska guys predict Nebraska. This happens a lot when a prospect like both teams. The Iowa guys make a call and he brags about their team...which leads to them predicting their own Iowa team. And vise versa for the Huskers.

it’s still 60% Huskers and 20% Iowa per 24/7. On Rivals a bunch of Iowa guys picked Iowa. While a couple Nebraska guys picked Nebraska.

no worries though, K Johnson will take officials first and I’m confident Frost and our Huskers will get him.
I'm not as confident, to be honest. I am confident we end up with a good WR class, like last year after losing Watts. The problem with losing Johnson would be the freakout from the fan base, more than anything.

Reactions: spinner4
I'm not as confident, to be honest. I am confident we end up with a good WR class, like last year after losing Watts. The problem with losing Johnson would be the freakout from the fan base, more than anything.

right and I’m sure it would. I’d be fine just like you’d fine because we know Frost and Lubick will get talent at WR regardless. Either way, it’s just a few Iowa analyst and one Iowa publisher predicting Iowa. That happens a lot and doesn’t always mean much.

Johnson’s going to be an interesting watch this year on offense without Betts taking up the double coverage.

Is he the cute girl that has hangs around with the hot girls, so she looks more attractive?

Has it ever been speculated that K. Johnson maybe doesn’t want to be on the same college team with Betts for different reasons?

Now or never this year for Frost. If he doesn't get to 8 or 9 wins this year I think recruiting will tank even worse. JMO
I don't think we need 9 wins. We just need to have a season and show some progress. We have good recruiters and game day in Lincoln is awesome. I think 7 wins and we show progress, we will have another good class. Another season without a bowl, on the other hand, would be bad news.

I don't think we need 9 wins. We just need to have a season and show some progress. We have good recruiters and game day in Lincoln is awesome. I think 7 wins and we show progress, we will have another good class. Another season without a bowl, on the other hand, would be bad news.
The brutal schedule will make it difficult, but not impossible, to get to 7 wins this year and next. It's really a shame that we didn't make some hay last season when we had an easier schedule.

maplesyrup95 said:

This site might lose it when they hear about Keagan Johnson's recent recruitment. Lol

[/quote]

You’re going to be awful disappointed this weekend.

You say that as if he's a four or five star. It always hurts a little to lose an in-state prospect, but it won't matter in terms of the talent level on our team. He's a typical recruit for Iowa though, so congratulations if you get him.

You say that as if he's a four or five star. It always hurts a little to lose an in-state prospect, but it won't matter in terms of the talent level on our team. He's a typical recruit for Iowa though, so congratulations if you get him.
The reality is, the staff is forced to recruit him because he is an instate kid with P5 offers. If we lose him, I'm sure we will end up with several WR rated higher in the end (like Watts last year), but the meltdown from the lunatic fringe in our fanbase will be off the charts.

Last edited:
The brutal schedule will make it difficult, but not impossible, to get to 7 wins this year and next. It's really a shame that we didn't make some hay last season when we had an easier schedule.
When’s it time that we stop saying “the brutal schedule will make it difficult” and start saying the schedule gives the Huskers an opportunity to make a statement?

We didn’t have too bad of a schedule last year and it still didn’t help

The reality is, the staff is forced to recruit him because he is an instate kid with P5 offers. If we lose him, I'm sure we will end up with several WR rated higher in the end (like Watts last year), but the meltdown for the lunatic fringe in our fanbase will be off the charts.

The optics are never good when you lose in state talent, especially to division foes and when your HC vowed to keep the talent in state. Also, when the said kid is a legacy recruit.

But yes, I have no doubt we will sign others that are as talented or more talented than Johnson at the WR position.

When’s it time that we stop saying “the brutal schedule will make it difficult” and start saying the schedule gives the Huskers an opportunity to make a statement?

Probably when we start going to bowl games again?

Reactions: phoenix4nu
SWIowahawks said:

[/quote]

Nah. I’m just throwing some shade at your worst poster. The one who has Nebraska as a lean on EVERY recruit. Twice in this thread actually. A poster who Tweets at recruits that are down to Iowa and ISU, trying to persuade them to go to ISU because Matt Campbell is building something in Ames.

We keep reading about how Nebraska is coming into Iowa and stealing our recruits so it’s nice to get a good one from Lincoln.

As far as Johnson goes, Iowa needs speed and athleticism like that to get better at the WR position so I’m happy about it.

Reactions: SAM_IT_

Maybe Nebraska can adjust the offensive system to utilize the strengths of the current roster to help get wins which will help recruiting the athletes you really want/need, adjust the tempo of your offense to shorten games which saves your defense, adjust your play calling later in games in order to give opponents less opportunity to come back and win in the 4th quarter etc...

Fans might have a little more confidence heading into a tough schedule. Until then...you get pessimistic posts which have been earned based on the product on the field the last 2 years. Winking

Last edited:
The reality is, the staff is forced to recruit him because he is an instate kid with P5 offers. If we lose him, I'm sure we will end up with several WR rated higher in the end (like Watts last year), but the meltdown from the lunatic fringe in our fanbase will be off the charts.

Similar to the Dickerson situation. I listened to Nate Clause the other day and he said that Dickerson is no better than the DBs we got from Florida from last years class. If the better player comes from out of state then we need to go after them.

The neb fans on the Iowa board told us he wouldn't play for you guys until year 5, so most probably won't care here.....

So basically you guys think he's garbage and just want his commit because going anywhere else makes you look bad?
Go ahead and come to Iowa Johnson! Where you'll actually be appreciated....

Nah. I’m just throwing some shade at your worst poster. The one who has Nebraska as a lean on EVERY recruit. Twice in this thread actually. A poster who Tweets at recruits that are down to Iowa and ISU, trying to persuade them to go to ISU because Matt Campbell is building something in Ames.

I just came across the tweet. How ridiculous and desperate are you, Trav!?? That was hilariously sad to see..

Reactions: SWIowahawks
So basically you guys think he's garbage and just want his commit because going anywhere else makes you look bad?
Go ahead and come to Iowa Johnson! Where you'll actually be appreciated....
come to iowa!

200.gif

We keep reading about how Nebraska is coming into Iowa and stealing our recruits so it’s nice to get a good one from Lincoln.

As far as Johnson goes, Iowa needs speed and athleticism like that to get better at the WR position so I’m happy about it.
tweeting @ recruits is weird

You’re going to be awful disappointed this weekend.[/QUOTE]

no I won’t, again it’s a few Iowa publishers picking for Iowa. He’s planning on taking visits To Iowa, Huskers and still trying to schedule an official to KSU. He won’t be committed anytime soon.

no I won’t, again it’s a few Iowa publishers picking for Iowa. He’s planning on taking visits To Iowa, Huskers and still trying to schedule an official to KSU. He won’t be committed anytime soon.

Word is that Johnson will be committing to Iowa tomorrow. The Hawks just landed Brody Brecht and told him they only have room for 1 more WR.

Reactions: SWIowahawks
Why would he care if he lost his spot with Iowa, I mean really? He’s got several top schools wanting him.
Not really. His final three of KSU, Iowa and Nebraska are his only three P5 offers. If Iowa is where he wants to be, he should jump on it. BTW, I’m hoping we get Jaylin Noel’s commit soon. A burner, who fits our offense perfectly.

Not really. His final three of KSU, Iowa and Nebraska are his only three P5 offers. If Iowa is where he wants to be, he should jump on it. BTW, I’m hoping we get Jaylin Noel’s commit soon. A burner, who fits our offense perfectly.

no doubt, if Keagan Johnson is that hung up on Iowa and an offense when fully loaded ranks almost 100th in the country or worst in offensive out put, then that’s on him. Huskers will no doubt get our talent and WRs. We good

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT