ADVERTISEMENT

Travel baseball

Bigredbjj

Walk On
Gold Member
Dec 2, 2017
So I was doing a travel ball tournament this weekend here in Atlanta GA. I show up to my field and after speaking to my score keeper I notice a ton of Nebraska apparel.

Of course the first thing out of my mouth was GBR!!!

We run the game and the Nebraska team was up against one of the top teams in the country. Someone forgot to tell the team from Nebraska. They played exceptionally well. Pitcher had excellent control.

As the game concluded I played a little rules trivia with the fans as I like to do. They were very responsive and very fun to interact with.

After the game I ran into one of the mom's on the team. As we talked about being a Husker fan here in SEC land she tells me about their team and some back story. I say to her, I really like that hat. Where did you get is? She didn't bat an eye, she took the hat right off of her head and gave it to me!!!

The head coach walks up and asks how much longer I'll be there. I tell him and he says he will see me later.

This guy shows up with a bag full of swag from his team. 3 more hats and a pull over!! Needless to say I was blown away!

These people represented Nebraska with all of the class that you hear about. What a great experience for me as a sports official.

Something awesome from the weekend that I thought I'd share.

I wish all of the teams I dealt with were like these people!

GBR!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News