ADVERTISEMENT

Trash talking from the Red Army

I'm surprised to find out somebody actually pays attention to UNO basketball. It's the first time all season I've spent even a moment thinking about them. It will probably be the last time too.

Coach Hanson has developed a nice program at UNO. Has done a nice job since making the jump to DI to changes his recruiting. They came within a whisker of making the NCAAs last year until going down to ND State in the tourney final last year. My biggest fear is they would get a NCAA win before NU. Could see them getting a play-in game as a #16 seed and getting one that way. Would have an asterisk but would still be a win.

Trash-talking aside, I would like to see Nebraska and Creighton play UNO every other year. Would add some local flavor to the non-conference schedule without being a big scheduling burden.

Trash-talking aside, I would like to see Nebraska and Creighton play UNO every other year. Would add some local flavor to the non-conference schedule without being a big scheduling burden.
Agreed. Heck we play doane and Midland. Unk too I think

Good thing some Nebraska fans with their glorious basketball history have the Summit League close by to feel superior about something. :D Some of these comments could easily be said by fans of at least 9 of our conference foes regarding dear old NU. Hopefully Fred can change that.

source.gif

Reactions: ThereIsNoPlace
Coach Hanson has developed a nice program at UNO. Has done a nice job since making the jump to DI to changes his recruiting. They came within a whisker of making the NCAAs last year until going down to ND State in the tourney final last year. My biggest fear is they would get a NCAA win before NU. Could see them getting a play-in game as a #16 seed and getting one that way. Would have an asterisk but would still be a win.

Truth hurts but it’s been a much more watchable product in recent years than what has been played in Lincoln (and notice CU and Nebraska don’t want to schedule them). I hope it can become the place that local kids who aren’t seen as Big East/Big 10 worthy, end up going to instead of the Dakota schools.

As I said in another post, I’d love to see local D1 worthy kids that CU/Nebraska pass on end up at UNO. If that becomes the case I’d like to see them both play UNO every year. Give the local kids a shot at the big boys who passed on them.

i saw Omaha play in Wichita this year and was very impressed...they have a Wichita post product that Marshall gushed over, that a former coach did not see as worthy....:)

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT