ADVERTISEMENT

Transfer WR Marcus Washington

That’s astounding to me that only 6 of 26 signees in 2019 remain on the roster at Texas. We’ve had bad experiences with transfers in recent memory, but nothing like this.

I have no doubt that, because of the transfer portal, teams like Texas can recover from this, but man, that’s keeping around 20% of a recruiting class.

Will be visiting this weekend. Could be a replacement for Betts.

As an aside, it just goes to show how irrelevant those initial recruiting class rankings have become these days with the portal. Only 6 of Texas' 26 member recruiting class remain on the roster. Far more important to a team right now, I think, to do good in the portal transfer space.

That’s astounding to me that only 6 of 26 signees in 2019 remain on the roster at Texas. We’ve had bad experiences with transfers in recent memory, but nothing like this.

I have no doubt that, because of the transfer portal, teams like Texas can recover from this, but man, that’s keeping around 20% of a recruiting class.
I think our 2018 class only saw 6 or 7 kids remain past their 2nd year (could’ve really benefitted from one additional player leaving, too)

Reactions: timnsun
Yes, but we don't know all the scenarios on kids leaving. We also have to be in touch with reality on returning WRs from last year. I think we have talent but numbers are numbers. Only two players over 100 yards.

Manning 381 yards, 2 TD
Oliver 170 yards, 1 TD
Palmer had 344 yds in 2021 and 108 the year before.
Garcia Castaneda had 578 yds last year.

Amazing to see the changes to college football play out - this is crazy

Reactions: timnsun
I think our 2018 class only saw 6 or 7 kids remain past their 2nd year (could’ve really benefitted from one additional player leaving, too)
I guess I didn’t remember that… that’s really bad. I thought we had 10 or 11 remaining…

Palmer had 344 yds in 2021 and 108 the year before.
Garcia Castaneda had 578 yds last year.
Garcia-Castaneda is hurt....I won't count him till he is ready to play. Palmer is a big help but that is one player with the loss of Toure and Betts IMO we need one more kid like Washington. Not to mention Manning and Martin have a history of not being on the field.

i'm told by a texas fan that he's the best blocking WR on the team. i don't think he meant it as a compliment, but he is a Texas fan, so his football knowledge is questionable.
He was definitely the best blocking WR on the team, no question about that. He did have some key drops, but he's worth a take, IMHO. From all I've ever heard about him, he's a great teammate and definitely has skills to contribute.

TThere isn't going to a limit on the number of players we can add in this class. We just need to be at 85 this fall. I think we're at 86 now.

I'm sure they're still on the lookout for OL and DL as well.
Now official.

We can now add as many commits as we want in this class as long as we're at 85 by fall.

Basically, for each player we bring in from now on, another player will need to leave.

Last edited:
Garcia-Castaneda is hurt....I won't count him till he is ready to play. Palmer is a big help but that is one player with the loss of Toure and Betts IMO we need one more kid like Washington. Not to mention Manning and Martin have a history of not being on the field.
not doubting the kid but like it or not Garica- castenda yards were at a different level of play..

Still believe in Palmer but he was a top tier 5 star that’s careers been really a bit of a disappointment thus far.

And don’t mean to hate on Martin but he probably caused two of our losses last year. He’s got a lot yet to prove in an actual game. I believe he proves it in practice but he needs to do it in games.

I don’t know that we have a #1. ultimately if Mickey thinks he needs someone else, then by all means…

Last edited:
Reactions: headcard
Now official.

We can now add as many commits as we want in this class as long as we're at 85 by fall.

Basically, for each player we bring in another player will need to move on.
The 5/1 date though does impact who can leave clean: they mention medical retirements and grad transfers, but I would add players who may be looking to drop out of FBS ball.

Others may have to sit out a year, although NCAA has a history of handing out waivers like halloween candy.

Now official.

Basically, for each player we bring in another player will need to move on.
Another huge W for NIL + player freedom!!!!!!!!

undefeated & no signs of slowing anytime soon!!

Washington would be a good get cuz...he is familiar with CT amd CT is familiar with him.

Dont forget, CT w his hand injury has had virtually zero off-season work with his WR room...I mean how do u get familiar with ur WR Corp if u can't throw them any passes?
And seeing as how CT had a cast on his hand immediately after the spring game...means his off-season work w his WRs went down even more.

CT threw like 3 TD balls to Washington last year so they are familiar with one another already.

Last edited:
Reactions: JOHNNY N
Washington would be a good get cuz...he is familiar with CT amd CT is familiar with him.

Dont forget, CT w his hand injury has had virtually zero off-season work with his WR room...I mean how do u get familiar with ur WR Corp if u can't throw them any passes?
And seeing as how CT had a cast on his hand immediately after the spring game...means his off-season work w his WRs went down even more.

CT threw like 3 TD balls to Washington last year so they are familiar with one another already.
Did he actually have a cast after the spring game?

Reactions: BleedRed78
We really need another wide receiver? Aren’t there bigger areas of need on the team?
I was wondering that same thing about the safety who committed when we brought him in with the defensive tackle from Alabama. We have a lot of safeties already.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT