ADVERTISEMENT

Transfer Portal

I don't know what it is with RT but the few Carrie's I've seen from him he definitely looks like one of the best backs skill wise. I don't know if it's health or something else but he has the most natural running style imo.
I think he and Irvin both have the Doug dubose/Lawrence Phillips kind of it-factor that makes a fan sit on the edge of their seat every time they get the ball. No idea if either will live up to that level but both are pretty exciting prospects.

Reactions: mikecanale
FWIW, the scuttle butt from an insider I know well in Lincoln says that they've got a good team this year. Not suprisingly it will be all Frost recruits. It's why Moos has been openly saying 8 wins is a realistic goal this year when in the past all he would venture was getting to a bowl game would be success.
I'm going to go out on a limb and agree with the premise here. I do think we have quality depth at most positions, and the offense has been given an injection of talent at many spots, including WR & RB.

I would like to have someone more experienced backup AM.

I am skeptical of our current QB's competitiveness/confidence, and fear things could be similar to year 2, where many quality players suffered confidence issues like a flu passed on from patient 0. I hope it doesn't happen again, but if it does, the effects will be just as damaging as before.

So it seems Frost has set the ball on the tee and we have to wait and see what happens.

Last edited:
I'm going to go out on a limb and agree with the premise here. I do think we have quality depth at most positions, and the offense has been given an injection of talent at many spots, including WR & RB.

I would like to have someone more experienced backup up AM.

I am skeptical of our current QB's competitiveness/confidence, and fear things could be similar to year 2, where many quality players suffered confidence issues like a flu passed on from patient 0. I hope it doesn't happen again, but if it does, the effects will be just as damaging as before.

So it seems Frost has set the ball on the tee and we have to wait and see what happens.
Realistically by the time a guy gets to his senior year he kinda is what he is. AM is going to make boneheaded mistakes, you just gotta hope he makes fewer of them.

If nothing else, having Luke start last year showed us that it's possible to play the position much worse.

you are chumming the water

tenor.gif

giphy.gif

Reactions: litespeedhuskerfan
It's pretty remarkable how little player development has gone on across the board regardless of position. Who is the last player that really had a strong development from freshman year to senior year? Do we have to go back to Bo's tenure to find one? It's wild how no one seems to get noticeably better the last half decade or so.

It's pretty remarkable how little player development has gone on across the board regardless of position. Who is the last player that really had a strong development from freshman year to senior year? Do we have to go back to Bo's tenure to find one? It's wild how no one seems to get noticeably better the last half decade or so.
Probably Ozigbo

If nothing else, having Luke start last year showed us that it's possible to play the position much worse.
I don't see it that way. Luke was a better option at QB and had a higher ceiling to work with. I would have rode that horse the rest of the season. It's water under the bridge now though.

Someone on here said they figured Smothers to be the backup, during a game, but if he was out an extended period of time, they might go with Haarberg.

I would probably agree with that move, but they will still want to keep Haarberg's game time limited to protect his redshirt.

Lamar jackson
Bootle
Austin allen
Stille
D Daniels
Dismuke
Jurgrns
Jojo
i think these guys developed quite well over time. Not all Americans but got way better

Lamar jackson
Bootle
Austin allen
Stille
D Daniels
Dismuke
Jurgrns
Jojo
i think these guys developed quite well over time. Not all Americans but got way better

Yeah, I think defensively we are developing pretty well at this point. O is a little bit of a different story, which is funny with Frost supposedly being the offensive stud. I'm still optimistic as I like our O-Line this year, but at some point our skill positions have to start turning around.

FWIW, the scuttle butt from an insider I know well in Lincoln says that they've got a good team this year. Not suprisingly it will be all Frost recruits. It's why Moos has been openly saying 8 wins is a realistic goal this year when in the past all he would venture was getting to a bowl game would be success.
I don't care what your insider says. It was pretty obvious during the spring game that this is a 5 or 6 win team. 7 wins is the hard ceiling for this team, and I don't see 8 wins at all. If Martinez gets hurt at any point, we're not even going to get to 5 wins.

I don't care what your insider says. It was pretty obvious during the spring game that this is a 5 or 6 win team. 7 wins is the hard ceiling for this team, and I don't see 8 wins at all. If Martinez gets hurt at any point, we're not even going to get to 5 wins.
Bowl game is all that matters

We saw a spring game where 1 half was touch. The coaches have much more in the way of film to evaluate and have done some of that. Dingle’s guy may or may not be legit, but available evidence doesn’t support a down in mouth outlook. The defense is veteran, with a deep Dline, and a great corner. No psn group on D can be considered a liability and depth has been built. WRs are better, there are just too many backs for one not to hit. Skill player situation is more favorable to AM.

Reactions: ATX Husker
We saw a spring game where 1 half was touch. The coaches have much more in the way of film to evaluate and have done some of that. Dingle’s guy may or may not be legit, but available evidence doesn’t support a down in mouth outlook. The defense is veteran, with a deep Dline, and a great corner. No psn group on D can be considered a liability and depth has been built. WRs are better, there are just too many backs for one not to hit. Skill player situation is more favorable to AM.
This is what we've said literally every year is all these guys will emerge and yet it's never happened here under this staff. I don't see this year as any different. Guys we thought would emerge will continue to underperform under this group of coaches.

The team desperately needs momentum early. They are going to lose games, but 6 wins seems very attainable. If they catch some breaks they could win a couple more. Not holding my breath, but I do think the talent is there.

One of our xfer WR plays at Utah St. I think he was a starter last year.

Keep that thought and then be extremely impressed with the coaching job Frost did this fall to get to 8 wins.

Until I see otherwise, Frost's ceiling here as a coach seems to be 5 wins. Im expecting 3 to 5 wins from this team and I will be elated if we make a bowl game. But with our obvious liabilities at Head Coach/OC and QB I just dont see it happening.

Keep that thought and then be extremely impressed with the coaching job Frost did this fall to get to 8 wins.

8 wins at a blue blood program in year 4 and we should be “extremely impressed” ?

as predicted Neb is morphing into Iowa under the “leadership” of that coach from UCF and that AD from wazzou

8 wins at a blue blood program in year 4 and we should be “extremely impressed” ?

as predicted Neb is morphing into Iowa under the “leadership” of that coach from UCF and that AD from wazzou
considering that he seems to think this will be at best a 6 win team HE should be impressed. I'm not sure why you would use the word "we" when you're talking about Husker football.

8 wins is not my prediction. That was Moos's. My friend is very plugged in to the Husker program and he thinks this will be the best team they've had maybe since Suh graduated. He knows Tom and Frank on a first name basis. The B!G is a helluva lot tougher now than it was then IMO so we'll see. I think it will primarily hinge on how Adrian plays this year and whether or not he stays healthy. I like our depth especially on defense and I think our WR and RB depth will be better this year also. Qb depth is an issue.

Reactions: scarletred
I won't even claim I know any insiders, but I do have a relative in a business you all know who is somewhat involved with the athletic department. And he's hearing it's still a total clown show. I really, really hope you're right.

Reactions: dinglefritz
I won't even claim I know any insiders, but I do have a relative in a business you all know who is somewhat involved with the athletic department. And he's hearing it's still a total clown show. I really, really hope you're right.
In what way does he think it's a clown show? I understand that some people are completely fed up because of the past results. I also think that on the surface it appears that we have the best depth and talent that we've had at multiple positions since Frost took over. That said, there's a reason why so many QBs go in the first round of the NFL draft. There's also a reason why they make the money they do. There is ONE guy other than the center who touches the ball on every play. IF your QB doesn't value the ball and makes too many bad decisions, you're screwed. The spot I'm most skeptical of is QB. Adrian needs to show us that he can consistently take care of the ball and make good decisions. IF he can do that, I think we could be pleasantly surprised this year.

I can still remember the sh## show that Nick Saban put on the field at Michigan State. Some head coaches take time to figure everything out. I'm hopeful that Frost is getting there but our QB play has been the single biggest factor in our failures. Let's hope everything clicks this year with our center and QB.

Last edited:
I can still remember the sh## show that Nick Saban put on the field at Michigan State.

ahh .. to never have had a losing season overall or a losing season in conference and a bowl game in year 1 at a place like Michigan state after taking over a program that hadn't posted a winning record in 4 years

now 4 years in and Frost fans can only dream of a sh## show so sweet ...at an alleged blue blood no less having taken over just one year removed from a 9 win season

Last edited:
In what way does he think it's a clown show?
The thing he has heard from people very close to the program is that they continue to be very, very disorganized as a staff. I know that's vague, but I think after watching what they put on the field for three seasons the word "disorganized" fits very well. Depth and talent doesn't mean much to me because lack of basic execution is why we've been sub .500 for years. We're not going "mano y mano" and losing close games after a hard fight. We're doing the same stupid crap game after game and losing to very average teams.

The thing he has heard from people very close to the program is that they continue to be very, very disorganized as a staff. I know that's vague, but I think after watching what they put on the field for three seasons the word "disorganized" fits very well. Depth and talent doesn't mean much to me because lack of basic execution is why we've been sub .500 for years. We're not going "mano y mano" and losing close games after a hard fight. We're doing the same stupid crap game after game and losing to very average teams.
I've heard a little of this too and it goes all of the way to the AD office. I had heard that Moos was awful with some of the large donors and that a few were ready to give some big bucks and Moos ****ed it up so bad their donations were significantly less. Moos looks worse and worse every single day in my eyes.

Reactions: mgbreis
And where they are the most disorganized is special teams and illegal procedure.. If that it is fixed this fall SF and company will definitely be on the hot seat..

Reactions: dinglefritz
And where they are the most disorganized is special teams and illegal procedure.. If that it is fixed this fall SF and company will definitely be on the hot seat..
Judging by the first play of the spring game, it’s pretty clear what we can expect this year.

Judging by the first play of the spring game, it’s pretty clear what we can expect this year.
Jeez Louise you didn’t watch any of the Minnesota spring game before that I take it... They had fun with gadget plays and you’re blowing a gasket on the first play of spring game.

:rolleyes:

• Haha
Reactions: John_J_Rambo
Jeez Louise you didn’t watch any of the Minnesota spring game before that I take it... They had fun with gadget plays and you’re blowing a gasket on the first play of spring game.

:rolleyes:
Why on earth would anybody watch the mn spring game?!?

I hate those losers, just like every other loser B1G team.

That said, guessing their trick plays looked like they’d practiced them at least once, as opposed to ours.

Reactions: TheNewNU
Why on earth would anybody watch the mn spring game?!?

I hate those losers, just like every other loser B1G team.

That said, guessing their trick plays looked like they’d practiced them at least once, as opposed to ours.
Then shut up!

ADVERTISEMENT