ADVERTISEMENT

Transfer Portal

Seems like he was just getting buried on the depth chart. Nance is similar.
Two speedsters I thought would pan out, but just haven’t managed to.
Chase already left. So far 0-3 on productivity from that WR class.

Kinda sad/interesting most our top WRs are all transfers of some kind.

Is it just me, or does it seem like the transfer portal only goes one way? Kinda like a black hole.
you know in the end maybe there is more good than bad from the portal. it actually gives a lot of kids who would otherwise spend 4 years working but never playing a chance to go to a more appropriate program or level of football where they probably belong from a skill level. it helps correct mistakes from players decisions to coaches decisions.

Reactions: RedMyMind
you know in the end maybe there is more good than bad from the portal. it actually gives a lot of kids who would otherwise spend 4 years working but never playing a chance to go to a more appropriate program or level of football where they probably belong from a skill level. it helps correct mistakes from players decisions to coaches decisions.

Imagine letting people have the freedom to do what they want. What a world.

Probably a good thing for both parties. I'm sure there will be more entering the transfer portal. Usually happens after the semester and Spring practice is over.

Seems like he was just getting buried on the depth chart. Nance is similar.
Two speedsters I thought would pan out, but just haven’t managed to.
Chase already left. So far 0-3 on productivity from that WR class.

Kinda sad/interesting most our top WRs are all transfers of some kind.
Good lord , that's pathetic

Nothing compared to what Oklahoma gets in the transfer portal.
yeah but better than what a lot of other teams got from the portal. NEB ranked LAST in the league in virtually every passing category yet somehow Frost was able to attract one of the top WR transfers in the entire portal. i know his record has sucked so far but his recruiting kinda blows my mind. he has a program full of 4-star players now. and he really hasn't done anything on the field to attract any of them.

I think Houston was a 4 star and one time Texas commit. At the time, it was said that the Longhorns and Houston had a "mutual parting", which is the nice way of saying that Texas wasn't happy with what they were seeing in his senior year and dumped him. Frost has taken a lot of these kind of guys-- descending four stars-- and I don't think a single one has stayed around long.

Reactions: SWIowahawks
yeah but better than what a lot of other teams got from the portal. NEB ranked LAST in the league in virtually every passing category yet somehow Frost was able to attract one of the top WR transfers in the entire portal. i know his record has sucked so far but his recruiting kinda blows my mind. he has a program full of 4-star players now. and he really hasn't done anything on the field to attract any of them.
you say this from time to time.

NU didn't rank 'LAST' in literally any passing category. not a single one.

they're a terrible passing offense, led by a horrendous passer and a play caller who's seemingly in way over his skis, sure. this reality makes the hyperbole unnecessary, especially when stats are so easily researched.

your reputation is all you have, @bingo65. I already know your brain is made of mush, but you don't need to yell it from the rooftops.

Thompkins and Johnson have to be in the Portal Green Room. It’s looking like a numbers situation that they are on the wrong side of.

True...the RB room is the hawt garbage epitome of no actual recruiting strategy and it's still going on!! RB (and probably outside LB) has been the biggest joke from day one on this staff.

True...the RB room is the hawt garbage epitome of no actual recruiting strategy and it's still going on!! RB (and probably outside LB) has been the biggest joke from day one on this staff.
They went with high risk/high payoff guys the first couple of years and could have cut Thompkins loose after his second blown knee in HS. Don’t think anyone would dispute the quality of the guys below. Morrison owns the OK HS rushing record.

Thompkins and Johnson have to be in the Portal Green Room. It’s looking like a numbers situation that they are on the wrong side of.
Doubt it with Thompkins. Johnson is probably as good as gone though.

The positive takeaway from this exodus of receivers is that it's pretty obvious Frost has decided to adjust his system for Big10 play. All of the guys that are leaving are pretty small. Personally, I think it's a good sign.

The positive takeaway from this exodus of receivers is that it's pretty obvious Frost has decided to adjust his system for Big10 play. All of the guys that are leaving are pretty small. Personally, I think it's a good sign.
Those two are behind Falck and Liewer and both of those guys are on the tall side.

I was told the B1G would have to adjust to our scheme.

Obviously Frost and Walter's inexperience bit them in the ass with the early recruiting. At least he has changed his ways now.
I don't believe it is obvious at all. We lacked speed at WR so they went after the fastest guys they could find. Then as he said he would do, he continued to recruit to get better players at every position. Thank heavens he has been able to recruit over that first class and now some of the second class and continues to do it. With the transfer situation we had better get used to third team WRs transferring when somebody new comes in and passes them on the depth chart. This isn't the 80s and 90s anymore. Rosters are going to be very fluid.

It kind of sucks though that we haven't had a QB come in ready to compete for the starting job. It's appears pretty clear that Smothers and Haarberg have a ways to go.

Just wait until Frost gets his own recruits.
FWIW, the scuttle butt from an insider I know well in Lincoln says that they've got a good team this year. Not suprisingly it will be all Frost recruits. It's why Moos has been openly saying 8 wins is a realistic goal this year when in the past all he would venture was getting to a bowl game would be success.

FWIW, the scuttle butt from an insider I know well in Lincoln says that they've got a good team this year. Not suprisingly it will be all Frost recruits. It's why Moos has been openly saying 8 wins is a realistic goal this year when in the past all he would venture was getting to a bowl game would be success.

Straight into my veins

Really sucks that we recruited two super fast track guys (not to mention Jaron Woodyard) and simply could not get them ready to play football.
Nance for sure was considered a bit of a project, but both he and Houston made plays in HS. Both excelled at running fast.
I know football is more than speed, but it’s sure nice when you can inject some speed into football.
I really hope this means the other WR’s remaining are remarkable.

Reactions: headcard
Did anybody else see Thompkins in the HS game he got injured in??? IF he fully recovers it could be outstanding for DONU. Hell of a runner. JMHO. GBA/GBR.
Thompkins has some of the most impressive high school film that I've ever seen, particularly considering the quality of competition. Even in his limited time here, it's obvious that he still has the it factor.

Did anybody else see Thompkins in the HS game he got injured in??? IF he fully recovers it could be outstanding for DONU. Hell of a runner. JMHO. GBA/GBR.
I don't know what it is with RT but the few Carrie's I've seen from him he definitely looks like one of the best backs skill wise. I don't know if it's health or something else but he has the most natural running style imo.

ADVERTISEMENT