ADVERTISEMENT

Toughest conference schedule ever?

hddude55

Defensive Coordinator
Jan 14, 2002
Arizona
... including Big 8 and 12 eras. I'll nominate this Fall and await word on why I am wrong. I guess it's a good thing we have that schedule when expectations are modest rather than a couple years from now.

It's all the away game in conference that make this schedule the most difficult..
That being said our initiation into the B1G conference in 2011 is very comparable.

At Wisconsin
Ohio St
At Minnesota
Michigan State
Northwestern
At Penn State
At Michigan
Iowa

... including Big 8 and 12 eras. I'll nominate this Fall and await word on why I am wrong. I guess it's a good thing we have that schedule when expectations are modest rather than a couple years from now.
1971. Played the #2 and #3 teams in the country during the conference season and Alabama in the bowl.

Reactions: B1G RED RULES
It's all the away game in conference that make this schedule the most difficult..
That being said our initiation into the B1G conference in 2011 is very comparable.

At Wisconsin
Ohio St
At Minnesota
Michigan State
Northwestern
At Penn State
At Michigan
Iowa
It looks menacing. But I would reckon that only Wisky, MSU and Michigan were really good teams.

2007 was crazy tough

Reactions: H8FULLGR8
It looks menacing. But I would reckon that only Wisky, MSU and Michigan were really good teams.

2007 was crazy tough

Penn St was 8-1 going into our game with their only loss to Alabama and they were unbeaten in the Leaders division going into the game too.

1971. Played the #2 and #3 teams in the country during the conference season and Alabama in the bowl.
I thought of a handful of Big 8 years too.

The road conference schedule this year is obscene. Maybe I would have had more agreement if I had said the conference road schedule was toughest ever. Of course we will know more by December.

Not only that we now play 9 conference games so it's obvious it's tougher than 8 or 7 conference games.Winking

I thought of a handful of Big 8 years too.

The road conference schedule this year is obscene. Maybe I would have had more agreement if I had said the conference road schedule was toughest ever. Of course we will know more by December.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT