ADVERTISEMENT

Totally OT: What's Your Favorite Breed of Dog?

Definitely a lab. I have what we think is a labrabull now (lab+pitbull mix), and he is pretty awesome. If he is full pitbull, then I'd actually go with a pitbull. He's such a smart, loving, cuddly, and friendly goofball. He does have an attitude and is pretty fiesty as a puppy, but he is extremely sweet to other dogs, humans and children. Pitbulls get a bad wrap, and I hate it.

I'm 100% convinced there is no such thing as a bad dog breed, just bad dog owners. I see this played out a lot at the dog park.

Since football news is going to be very sparse for a while, let's try a OT question. What's your favorite breed of dog?

Mine simply is a German Shepherd.
All Dogs go to Heaven.

I've owned all shapes and sizes. Currently a male Frenchie.

We have a sweet black lab. Although sweet still grosses me out on a daily basis; eating crap, burping and farting, and eating grass and puking. Otherwise great dog... the farts are no joke, they are knock you on you ass I can’t breathe types.

Pitbull (going light breed), Dachsund (standard smooth red) Italian Grayhound, would like to have the company of an Australian shepherd but i definately prefer a smooth coat

Last edited:
Mutts normally as long as they're not pit bull crosses. I have a long story, too long to share, about how I ended up with a mutt terrier mix that was maybe the best dog ever born. She's in a commissioned piece of art work that includes my sons. That said, IF someone feels the need to acquire something other than a mutt, the best breed IMO is a Shih Tzu for a house pet.

Last edited:
We used to have a Bernese Mountain Dog. I loved that big girl. Unfortunately, large pure breeds don’t last as long and she had an autoimmune disorder and she does at 5.

She was a gentle giant. Great with the kids and a had a huge bark when someone was at the door (she was a monster sissy though). But would scare just about anybody else who heard that woof.

One time I was changing my oldest sons diaper and he had diaper rash something terrible. It was late. The dog was already upstairs asleep. When she heard my son wail she came down the stairs with bad intentions. I’ve never saw her hair raised any other time. Scared the shit out of me. I’d never been scared of her until that moment. Luckily she was a bark first, bite second. Instead of bite first and ask questions later. (Funny how dogs are with people, that almost makes me cry looking back on it.)

We now have a mutt. Great dog. Rescue. Was scared out of its mind at first would pee when someone came to him, etc. He is under 50 lbs now. Since my wife is a mental health therapist she got him trained to be a therapy dog. That fixed him of his anxiety. And now he gets to go to work with her most days. Our Berner couldn’t ever pass the test because she could never figure out how big she was. Always stepped on toes (all 140 lbs of her) and would lean on your leg when pet.

Interesting story, so our current dog can’t go to work on certain days because he was growling and barking at one of my wife’s client. Which is extremely out of character for him. And then he did it to my wife’s coworker’s client who walked buy.

After he stopped coming on the days those guys had appointments, my wife and her coworker found out that both clients have history’s of domestic violence. This was all figured out after the dog knew. So it wasn’t my wife or her coworker giving off a vibe. It was the client.

Weird, right? They can tell that stuff.

Last edited:
We used to have a Bernese Mountain Dog. I loved that big girl. Unfortunately, large pure breeds don’t last as long and he had an autoimmune disorder and she does at 5.

She was a gentle giant. Great with the kids and a had a huge bark when someone was at the door (she was a monster sissy though).

We now have a mutt. Great dog. Rescue. Was scared out of its mind at first would pee when someone came to him, etc. He is about 50 lbs. She nice my wife is a mental health therapist she got him trained to be a therapy dog. That fixed him of his anxiety. And now he gets to go to work with her most days. Our Berner couldn’t ever pass the test because she could never figure out how big she was. Always stepped on toes (all 140 lbs of her) and would lean on your leg when pet.

Interesting story, so our current dog can’t go to work on certain days because he was growling and barking at one of my wife’s client. Which is extremely out of character for him. And then he did it to my wife’s coworker’s client who walked buy.

After he stopped coming on the days those guys came in, my wife and her coworker found out that both clients have history’s of domestic violence. This was all figured out after the dog knew. So it wasn’t my wife or her coworker giving off a vibe. It was the client.

Weird, right?
WOW---dogs and horses know what your feeling physically and emotionally---ya just got to know how to read their body language

Mixed breed mutts, medium to large, and Terriers, Fox and Airedale's.

th

Wire-Fox-Terrier-Photos.jpg

When I was growing up all three of us kids wanted a dog but my dad only allowed us a cat at that time, so we named it Bowser. Haven't owned a dog since.

My wife loves Golden Retrievers but IMO I hate all the shedding. I want an English Bulldog. They say dog owners look like their dog so it would fit.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT