ADVERTISEMENT

Totally OT...new Pearl Jam single

Love it. A little different sound, more funky than most of their stuff, but same ole bad ass EV lyrics.

BTW, anyone going to a show on the new tour? I’ll be there in St Louis on 4/4.

Sounds good, awesome live band, saw them in 2013- they played 37 songs! Eddie is heavy on the dramatic side in regards to politics, so there’s that......

Reactions: headcard
Had a college roommate who loved PJ - played Spin the Black Cradle incessantly the whole year. After that, anything post VS was dead to me...

And by the way, this song is horrible

I couldn't follow them after Yeild. Saw them on the No Code tour which was great. If I saw them now I wouldn't know any of their songs sadly. Not really feeling this.

Fans of Temple Of The Dog may recognize this Pearl Jam song they recorded later. It is essentially Times Of Trouble with different lyrics. The Pearl Jam members from Mother Love Bone Ament/Stone/McCready wrote the music and Chris Cornell wrote the lyrics for Trouble on the Temple Of The Dog album. Pearl Jam later recorded the same music with Eddie Vedder lyrics. Pretty cool rock trivia I think.

Reactions: headcard
Different.
I give them credit for doing different if its what they want.
When I was younger (dumber) I always thought, why cant you just make another "master of puppets" "ten" "evil empire" "blood sugar sex magik"?

Then I grew up and realized it doesnt work like that. And I wouldnt want those albums again and again anyway.

Although I'm not a huge PJ fan, we do a couple PJ songs in our band, including this rendition of a La's song...where Eddie completely butchers the lyrics.

Reactions: resdog851
I can't believe aerosmith won't let there drummer play the grammies.
considering there's been a time or two the toxic twins were not up to par.

Different.
I give them credit for doing different if its what they want.
When I was younger (dumber) I always thought, why cant you just make another "master of puppets" "ten" "evil empire" "blood sugar sex magik"?

Then I grew up and realized it doesnt work like that. And I wouldnt want those albums again and again anyway.
Good point. My theory has always been that a band has 3 albums before I usually move on. There are exceptions to that rule but in general, they either evolve their sound enough over time they become something different from when I originally started listening to them, or they keep writing the same stuff and it becomes stale and watered down.

Almost made it to the end. Almost. Used to love Pearl Jam back in the day. I was in the Navy when they broke out. Listened to Mother Love Bone as well. Wasn't the same after PJ got into it with Ticketmaster. They went for a long time before putting out another album and tour. Found it hard to get into after that. Then rock when into a tailspin. I never did get to see them live. Not going to pay the kind of money to see them up close.

Almost made it to the end. Almost. Used to love Pearl Jam back in the day. I was in the Navy when they broke out. Listened to Mother Love Bone as well. Wasn't the same after PJ got into it with Ticketmaster. They went for a long time before putting out another album and tour. Found it hard to get into after that. Then rock when into a tailspin. I never did get to see them live. Not going to pay the kind of money to see them up close.

I was lucky and only paid $50 (buddy texted me he got it off someone)- but I was blown away at the sound quality,length, and passion of the band. Definitely go if u get a ticket in the price range. Hell if they come again to DFW I can have my friend (HUGE fan) ask for an extra tix......

Reactions: bigboxes
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT