ADVERTISEMENT

tOSU

Wyldcard

Assistant Head Coach
Gold Member
Feb 12, 2018
I keep hearing ALOT of people saying we're most definitely gonna get curb stomped by Ohio State and I have to laugh. Will we lose? more than likely but, we actually a have a good punchers chance in this game as it is game 1.

The reason I say that we have a puncher's chance is that tOSU only returns 3 starters on it's D and would've been only 2 had Wade not chosen to come back. Those who truly believe that the new starters will step on the field and won't miss a beat and become the same terrorizer's they were last year are living in complete dreamland and truly need to come back to reality.

That D has to learn how to play together on gameday which is much different than practice and also need to work out the dumb mistakes of being a new starter as it's a growth process. Will they become almost the same destructive force they were last year come seasons end? nore than likely.

This game will be a battle of the Offenses as that is their strength and they have a great Oline and are breaking in new starters at the skill positions just as we are but they also have a few returning starters. If our offense takes off like a bat outta hell, it's game on!

Our players know that playbook like the back of their hands in their sleep, now it's just about getting the repitions in to put it all together.

People are complaining we got OSU out the gate, we couldn't have gotten a better draw against someone as highly ranked at the right time. This game could very well be a blessing in disguse. Just my hawt take on this subject.

GO BIG RED!!!

She is the last time we played a clean and solid opening game? Now we have to do it VS one of the best teams in the country. I just hope we make them punt a few times

Until we don't get curb stomped by them I will remain skeptical. I like our chances on paper, but that is the same thing we say every year. They have an insane amount of athletes and are similar to us in our glory days. Just plug new faces in, many of which have a shit load of playing time from blowouts. I hope we can stay competitive, but we have a shitload of question marks on our team as well and we haven't done much since November. I remain optimistic, but just want to see it actually materialize on the field.

Reactions: bshirt73 and nu2u
Is this a serious thread OP?

Elite teams reload every year because of guys leaving early and they don’t miss a beat. OSU’s defense is loaded with 5 Star and high 4 Star guys that are well coached.
Their offense will score 40+ per game.

This game has 55-10 written all over it.

Best time to catch a team is week 1. They won’t know anything you’ve changed in the off season. That said, I think OSU is going to be extremely motivated from the get go, not knowing if they’ll have all of their games to get in the playoffs.

I think Nebraska CAN keep it close, but they’ll have to play as clean of a game as ever. Adrian won’t be able to make many mistakes, and the defense is going to have to make some stops, unlike last season.

Ryan Day is a very good coach and motivator, so he doesn’t seem to have to off weeks that Urban used to.

Reactions: HominidHusker
I’m going to say a curb stomp is more likely than a close game in which NU is competitive.

I’ll be encouraged if I see an NU team that looks confident and well coached; and is not the disorganized, mistake-filled operation that we have seen far too often in recent years.

Reactions: John_J_Rambo
Hmmm...while I like the optimism, I think a lot of people are looking at the wrong team. Instead of looking at the opposition that’s filled top to bottom with elite talent, and trying to find faults in their armor, take an honest look at Nebraska and go from there. Outside of the o-line, Mills, and Wandale, there isn’t a strong point on this team.

Best time to catch a team is week 1. They won’t know anything you’ve changed in the off season. That said, I think OSU is going to be extremely motivated from the get go, not knowing if they’ll have all of their games to get in the playoffs.

I think Nebraska CAN keep it close, but they’ll have to play as clean of a game as ever. Adrian won’t be able to make many mistakes, and the defense is going to have to make some stops, unlike last season.

Ryan Day is a very good coach and motivator, so he doesn’t seem to have to off weeks that Urban used to.
Agreed. It will boil down to flawless execution by the Huskers to keep it close. Throw in a couple lucky breaks and we could win.
The problem is flawless execution has not been seen by Nebraska in a long time. In fact, we are incredibly adept at getting in our own way with remarkable consistency.
Every year is a “new team” (even for returning players-cough-AM-cough-LBs) and we’ve yet to see what “this team” can do.

Hmmm...while I like the optimism, I think a lot of people are looking at the wrong team. Instead of looking at the opposition that’s filled top to bottom with elite talent, and trying to find faults in their armor, take an honest look at Nebraska and go from there. Outside of the o-line, Mills, and Wandale, there isn’t a strong point on this team.

As a team they improved across the board last year. They had a lot of injuries and no depth, to the point players had to play out of position (Robinson, Taylor-Britt, Hickman, Davis, etc). They still stuck to the plan and developed depth. Do things need to get better? Yes, but we are undeniably trending upward at every position on both sides of the ball.

Reactions: NorthWillRiseAgain
I think there's a lot of other positions that could be strong points on this team. I actually think the O-line is as unproven as any.

Yeah we made all that "puncher's chance" noise last year with the night game and Game Day in town. Got our absolute doors blown off.

Until we prove otherwise, OSU is an L.
Yeah I didn't understand all that. I thought we would get our doors blown off last year. I think we'll be a little more competitive this year.

I truly think we're going to be a much improved team this year, especially from a physicality perspective. I think the games where we get flat-out manhandled by the competition are over.

Oh boy, absolutely! You bet, I'm dying a horrible death having to wait to see a real-deal NU OLine. We haven't had this for a long, long time. "Nothing" is more important than that (well, maybe the Dline.....it's close).

Great job HCSF! I'm betting we'll like this.....

Reactions: Wyldcard
ADVERTISEMENT