ADVERTISEMENT

Toronto, NY and Houston and Bull pen

westcliffe

First Team All-Big Ten
Jan 17, 2006
Royals are going to have a tough time getting to the series. Toronto and Houston seem to have their number . Bull pen seems to be letting them down. NY playing better. It's going to be tough.

Love what the Blue Jays did at the trade deadline. I think they'll pass the Yankees. Our poor ol' Mariners are starting to look like the team they thought they were at the start of the season. Too little too late. Is Alex Gordon back yet? Royals will be tough if he can get back to normal by playoffs.

Royals are going to have a tough time getting to the series. Toronto and Houston seem to have their number . Bull pen seems to be letting them down. NY playing better. It's going to be tough.

The last thing KC needs to worry about is the bullpen.

The last thing KC needs to worry about is the bullpen.
The Royals' pen mostly suffers from unrealistic expectations. You can't expect the bullpen to pitch the second half of every game and not kick a few of them away, no matter how good they are.

But the Royals are last in the AL in starter innings pitched, and that's bound to cause some wear and tear on the pen. KC may want to peel back the workload on some of its better relievers, even if it costs them a few games in August and September.

Reactions: baseball31ne
Getting to the World Series is no given but please show some respect to the team leading their division in wins currently. No matter what you'll have to beat good teams to win it all no matter who they are..

Gordo will likely be back in 3 weeks. Original diagnosis was out until early-mid Sept. I think he's ahead of that currently. He's already back to jogging, hitting, and some light fielding work now so he's not far off (but they won't push it)...

The real question on the Royals is where do they put Zoebrist once Gordon comes back? Does Zoebrist replace Rios or Infante in the lineup?

I think they will use Zoebrist primarily to replace Rios but I expect him to relieve Omar some as well.

Getting to the World Series is no given but please show some respect to the team leading their division in wins currently. No matter what you'll have to beat good teams to win it all no matter who they are..

Gordo will likely be back in 3 weeks. Original diagnosis was out until early-mid Sept. I think he's ahead of that currently. He's already back to jogging, hitting, and some light fielding work now so he's not far off (but they won't push it)...

The real question on the Royals is where do they put Zoebrist once Gordon comes back? Does Zoebrist replace Rios or Infante in the lineup?
Rios is what everything points to.

The playoffs are a different animal. The ridiculousness of the Blue Jays lineup and offense will come down to earth. Pitching gets better and you are guaranteed (in theory) the most consistent umps in the game. The Royals pen will be fantastic in the playoffs. However, if either the Blue Jays or Yankees get outstanding pitching, they will be incredibly dangerous. Thats the 2 best offenses in the AL and middle of the roads staffs (pre-Price trade). Should be fun.

And Rios sucks. Zobrist should take most if not all of his ABs.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT