ADVERTISEMENT

Top two Omaha football recruits to ASU?

HuskerBorn

Junior
Oct 23, 2009
Woods and Jackson with crystal balls to Arizona State? Are they a package deal? Why ASU? How times have changed. Arizona use to be a great pipeline for recruits for us.

Well, we also lost Gale Sayers. Of course that was just before Devaney tenure when Nebraska wasn’t yet a hot spot for recruits — kind of like now except we may suck even worse now.

Last edited:
Hope they enjoy playing in empty stadiums. That's if they even get to play on the left coast anymore, as they make even worse decisions than the big ten does. Lots of kids go there and get swallowed up in the 'talent' and forget that they are there to play football.

Reactions: v1nufan
Woods and Jackson with crystal balls to Arizona State? Are they a package deal? Why ASU? How times have changed. Arizona use to be a great pipeline for recruits for us.
Uncle Herm will look after them. He'll keep them safe and turn them into NFL pro bowlers.

Reactions: Husker_AMG63
Good lord I hope they are not making a decision based on the weather! I suspect the off field ‘talent’ is hard to ignore of course but certainly hope they are making decisions based on relationships they have with the coaching staff and the allure of early playing time.
GBR!

Dont think Jackson is a take for OU or ND. And they apparently want to play together so that leaves A&M, ASU and Miami.

Uncle Herm will look after them. He'll keep them safe and turn them into NFL pro bowlers.
Last NE kid that played for herm did not get PT for his 3-4 years there and came back home and walked on (Bubak) .... hopefully herm does better for these 2

Hope they enjoy playing in empty stadiums. That's if they even get to play on the left coast anymore, as they make even worse decisions than the big ten does. Lots of kids go there and get swallowed up in the 'talent' and forget that they are there to play football.
having a full stadium and a losing record every year probably isnt that desirable to recruits either. i dont think NEB is a better pick than any other school just because the number of fans. thats just as stupid as using weather or girls as justification

ASU also is interested in QB Zane Flores. Nebraska apparently has no interest in him because they have not had any contact with him.

having a full stadium and a losing record every year probably isnt that desirable to recruits either. i dont think NEB is a better pick than any other school just because the number of fans. thats just as stupid as using weather or girls as justification
Depends on how much you like sun and girls. I transferred from UNL after my freshman year to here in Texas. There are way more attractive girls down here. I was like, "JACKPOT!"

Warm weather, lots of "talent," big city and a winning record and bowl games the last 3 years - pretty appealing for 18 year old kids who've grown up with midwest weather and watching losing football by the only D1 school in the state. Full stadium yes, but the fans will be booing not cheering if the next year couple of years are like the past 4.

My son is in college and wants to take a summer trip with friends - they all grew up in CO. I offered for him to invite them all out to lake property we have in NE. He brought it up with his friends and the reaction was "why would we go to NE?" They said they'd rather to Arizona. I told him it would be like 115 with no lake, but they don't care.

Last NE kid that played for herm did not get PT for his 3-4 years there and came back home and walked on (Bubak) .... hopefully herm does better for these 2

Herm did NOT RECRUIT Bubak...neither did Nebraska (Riley).

You know kind of like all of Riley's recruits who Frost and fans kept insinuating about not being good players (his guys?....they left.

How times have changed??? Frost pulled 3 of Arizonas top 10 recruits just 2 cycles ago... Herm and ASU are not keeping Nebraska from pulling talent out of Arizona, because they aren't putting an emphasis on keeping it in the state... They have come out and said they would rather focus on California...

Reactions: jeans1515

Interview with Antonio Peirce...

“If you stay within your footprint you give yourself a chance. When you look at the 13 guys signed, eight of them being from California, obviously that’s our home base,” Pierce said. “That’s where I’m from, coach Edwards and Al Luginbill. So, regardless of any changes that happen on our staff, the core of our recruiting and evaluations is still in front of you at this table. So that wasn’t going to affect us either way.

“...Our home base is Southern California. No hidden agenda about it. It’s where the most talent comes from. This program is rocking and rolling. That’s where they come from.

Reactions: bigboxes

“If you stay within your footprint you give yourself a chance. When you look at the 13 guys signed, eight of them being from California, obviously that’s our home base,” Pierce said. “That’s where I’m from, coach Edwards and Al Luginbill. So, regardless of any changes that happen on our staff, the core of our recruiting and evaluations is still in front of you at this table. So that wasn’t going to affect us either way.

“...Our home base is Southern California. No hidden agenda about it. It’s where the most talent comes from. This program is rocking and rolling. That’s where they come from.

So per Rivals, of the top 45 state of Arizona football recruits the past 2 years, ASU signed 1. Serious football players don’t go to either AZ or ASU. You can’t WOW the local kids with fun in the sun as they already experience it year round.
Best of luck to them.
GBR!

I thought you were talking about Nebraska

Herm did NOT RECRUIT Bubak...neither did Nebraska (Riley).

You know kind of like all of Riley's recruits who Frost and fans kept insinuating about not being good players (his guys?....they left.
Sorry if my post sounded like herm recruited him. Meant to just point out that bubak played on his team for 2’years.

Okay, Herm seems to be good guy. Phoenix, although hotter than blazes in the summer is quite livable. MLB, NHL, NBA, NFL, NASCAR. A lot of diverse opportunities for sport lovers. A little too extreme for me but, if I were a younger man. Phoenix, here I come, Now, as a Husker born and bred. FU ASU!

Reactions: WHCSC
I do not get the draw of Phoenix. Its hot, its dirty, it virtually never rains, and the traffic sucks, and I mean sucks. There are a lot of places I would rather go to get away.

Reactions: 9and4
It’s the coaches that is recruiting them. Huskers need to get and retain high quality coaches that the kids relate to. That’s the biggest difference. ASU is going to make some noise within the next few years if things stay intact.

I do not get the draw of Phoenix. Its hot, its dirty, it virtually never rains, and the traffic sucks, and I mean sucks. There are a lot of places I would rather go to get away.
Went to a night game there in early November 2001. Still too damn hot to sit comfortably. Can't imagine what it's like to practice and play in pads, wearing those silly black alt uniforms.

He wasn’t recruited by Herm. He was inherited
Gotcha. Well herm did recruit Mbow and then dropped him like he was garbage. So my opinion is that herm is a trash human for promising multiple kids and then dropping them. As Marcus said “we they lied to me”. Trash bitch coaching staff

Legit P5 prospects that NU may yet get if the season takes of in terms of wins. It's likely Woods wants to go to a program where the lane is bit more clear in terms of early playing time. Benhart and Corcoran will be around for awhile.

Maybe even dumber

Legit P5 prospects that NU may yet get if the season takes of in terms of wins. It's likely Woods wants to go to a program where the lane is bit more clear in terms of early playing time. Benhart and Corcoran will be around for awhile.
More clear than Nebraska? Elaborate

More clear than Nebraska? Elaborate
Benhart and Corcoran were more highly ranked coming out of HS and both have several seasons of eligibility left. It would be great for Woods to choose NU, but he will play earlier if he goes elsewhere.

Reactions: scarletred
Benhart and Corcoran were more highly ranked coming out of HS and both have several seasons of eligibility left. It would be great for Woods to choose NU, but he will play earlier if he goes elsewhere
Benhart and Corcoran were more highly ranked coming out of HS and both have several seasons of eligibility left. It would be great for Woods to choose NU, but he will play earlier if he goes elsewhere.
correct. If he is afraid of a kid who made one start, he should go elsewhere.

ADVERTISEMENT