ADVERTISEMENT

Top 6 Strength Index 🎈

Sanford is obviously a heckuva athlete. We can use depth at DB, so hope he can translate it to football skills.

Jackson seems like a good option on short yardage run defense. A DE/OLB hybrid type.

Kolarevic could prove invaluable as a productive transfer, esp. with Honas out.

Jurgens was always known as powerful/explosive for his size. Makes me think he’s ready to lock down the middle, and kid can still move to pull and run. This is the year Frost needs to prove his “vision” was the right move, cus I still wonder what Jurgens could’ve done as a TE.

Without doing any investigation on how these numbers compare to past Husker eras, my initial observations are: Jurgent seems to have got robbed in index points for the squat. Lifting almost 80 lbs more and being only 20 lbs heavier, he was easily outscored by Jackson.

I also found it strange that our weightlifting champion running back (Scott) does not show up in the top performing list. I wonder if he did not participate in the testing. I thought Nash might show up on the list as well, but maybe his massive size hurt his index calculation (or he did not participate).

Without doing any investigation on how these numbers compare to past Husker eras, my initial observations are: Jurgent seems to have got robbed in index points for the squat. Lifting almost 80 lbs more and being only 20 lbs heavier, he was easily outscored by Jackson.

I also found it strange that our weightlifting champion running back (Scott) does not show up in the top performing list. I wonder if he did not participate in the testing. I thought Nash might show up on the list as well, but maybe his massive size hurt his index calculation (or he did not participate).

Had a similar thought, but more about running backs in general. In past years, I believe the I backs were always in the top of at some of these tests, but I think Scott was only listed in the 10 yard split this time.

Something seems off. From past videos I was under the impression Jackson was squatting over 700 pounds. I'm guessing they were a little more strict on the depth to qualify for this. They also have a video on Duval's Twitter of Cam doing 3 reps of hang cleans @ 405 pounds, so odd that he is "only" marked at 405 here.

I’m most surprised that Hutmacher isn’t on this list - everything we ever hear is that he’s the strongest player on the team.

Something seems off. From past videos I was under the impression Jackson was squatting over 700 pounds. I'm guessing they were a little more strict on the depth to qualify for this. They also have a video on Duval's Twitter of Cam doing 3 reps of hang cleans @ 405 pounds, so odd that he is "only" marked at 405 here.
The Cam thing was weird. I actually remember that video.

Either way, he’s a freak and a 10 year NFL dude all day if he gets the snaps taken care of.

ADVERTISEMENT