Top 4 in state prospects..SSO thoughts...

Discussion in 'Husker Board' started by HBK4life, Jan 4, 2020.

1. HBK4life

HBK4life Nebraska Football Hall of Fame
    Expand Collapse

https://forum.huskermax.com/threads...ep-tabs-on-for-nebraska-in-2021-class.115198/ Avante Dickerson is #1 on the list, and probably an uphill battle here. Ohio State, LSU, and now Oregon in the mix, things could get tough to keep this kid around. With a 40 listed below 4.4, it's a talent we need to get to Lincoln.
    Teddy Prochazka is already committed, and an athlete with this size is a must keep. Kudos to the staff working on this kid and getting him solid to us early.
    Keagan Johnson, who is a legacy and the son of Clester Johnson, is the brother of 2 other Bellevue West standouts. One went to Wyoming, the other to South Dakota State. He is a great athlete to help build our room whichever position he chooses. Luckily we won't have to worry about the coaching staff telling his dad they don't have time for him when he has a son that is being looked at by FBS programs, we have already offered.
    AJ Rollins has all the measureables that you could ask for from a player that has a Nebraska offer. While i'm not sure how he projects.... in a class where we need at least 2 TEs, a local kid is a good bet to help get your room re-stocked when Austin Allen, Kurt Rafdal, and Travis Vokolek will all be seniors his first year, with only Chris Hickman left on the roster after that.

There will be one or two others that garner offers from Scott Frost and Nebraska after this spring, but that is what we have for now. We will gain 3 of the 4 to be part of this class.

2. jeans15

jeans15 Head Coach
    Expand Collapse

Every player worthy of a FBS offer in Nebraska needs to be offered unless he is just highly overrated after evaluation.

That's your base in recruiting.

huskerfan66 likes this.
  3. cubsker

cubsker Head Coach
    Expand Collapse

Cant agree with that

RothMatt and hedonistimpulse like this.
  4. Clemke32

Clemke32 Walk On
    Expand Collapse

Dickerson is the one that we really need to get... I’m not sure what is background is... meaning if he has always been from the area or moved here from a different state... but he is right there in our back yard and is a highly ranked player with a great offer list... honestly don’t care as much about the highly ranked part as I do the offer list, when you start seeing kids have those offer lists, you know they’re legit prospects.... I hope we get this kid and keep him in state

CatColumbia likes this.
  5. huskerssalts

huskerssalts Graduate Assistant
    Expand Collapse

not sure if I’d say uphill battle for A Dickerson. Most of the recruiting experts assume the Huskers lead for him. But Frost, Chin and Fisher can’t back off on him at all or sleep on him even a little bit. That’s how we will lose him to LSU or OSU.

and it’s funny. On Rivals Teddy Prochazka is a Top 100 talent (Top 60 at that) and A Dickerson is 4 star Top 250 DB. But on 24/7 Dickerson is the Top 100 players while Teddy Prochazka isn’t. Literally flip flopped around between the two sites lol.

HBK4life and CatColumbia like this.
  6. headcard

headcard Nebraska Legend
    Expand Collapse

Dickerson is very athletic, so he has a big upside, but give me Teddy P, everyday. He is going to be a monster.

bshirt73, Baxter48 and huskerssalts like this.
  7. leodisflowers

leodisflowers All-American
    Expand Collapse

SSO has more goods than you’d ever deliver. Usually everything he says coMes to fruition

8. frostonthegrass

frostonthegrass Walk On
    Expand Collapse

I think the worry with Dickerson is Florida.

9. huskerssalts

Expand Collapse

If anyone can keep Dickerson in state...then it’s definitely Fisher. Dudes a great recruiter and great with player development. I’ll put my money on Fisher locking Dickerson up. GBR

oh yeah...Huskers already have 3 crystal Balls for the Huskers with A Dickerson and ones Wiltfong and making it 100% Huskers for the moment...;)

9 huskerssalts, Jan 4, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2020
    HBK4life and CatColumbia like this.
  10. huskerssalts

Expand Collapse

definitely agreed there. If we were to miss out on any player I’d rather be at the DB position (we have loaded that position up the past few years) and not a Top 100 OLineman. We need all those guys we can get and keep loading up that Oline room.

bshirt73 and skintight like this.
  11. NorthwoodHusker

NorthwoodHusker Sophomore
    Expand Collapse

Fish can coach with anybody, so, it comes down to AD liking the coaches and the school.
    He won't get a better chance of going next level going anywhere else than here.

huskerssalts likes this.
  12. Clemke32

Clemke32 Walk On
    Expand Collapse

I’d love to share the same thoughts as you do here, but I guess I kind of see it the other way... he is a DB and LSU is known for putting DBs in the league... Nebraska on the other hand has struggled putting players at any position in the league as of late...

Now I do like fish and he is one heck of a recruiter, I just don’t think I say say he has a better chance of getting to the league from Nebraska then anywhere else, especially with DBU hot on his trails... I think if he stays close to home it will be because the relationship he builds with fish and wanting to stay close to friends and family

13. huskerssalts

Expand Collapse

Id have assume most recruits know that’s due to I
    Mike Riley his staff and not this staff fault. We have a good amount of DBs in the NFL right now ourselves and Fisher is an elite DB coach. That’s why he’s one of the best recruiters in the country.

14. Clemke32

Clemke32 Walk On
    Expand Collapse

I do think your assumption would be more correct with a local kid like Dickerson, and that is an angle that I haven’t looked at it from... I go off the assumption that most kids just look at what’s in the league and not really account for previous staffs downfalls... so very good point there

I do hope to see some more progression from our DBs... and by progression I mean toughness and aggression... I’m tired of seeing our DBs not really hustling, not turning to find the ball, and most of all not wrapping up (bootle)... at the beginning of the year I had high hopes for our DBs more specifically Lamar, and by the end of the year I found myself kind of frustrated by not seeing him hustle on some plays... and for Bootle just tired of seeing him diving at feet without ever wrapping up

huskerssalts likes this.
  15. huskerssalts

Expand Collapse

And you’re right, that was a huge issue of ours recently. But since Fisher has gotten here, that area has improved a lot. Just look how much better our DBs played this year and how far M Dismuke and Lamar Jackson have came along under Fisher? I only WISH Fisher would have been here for 5-6 years or so...

15 huskerssalts, Jan 4, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2020
    Clemke32 likes this.
  16. HBK4life

Expand Collapse

If you don't quote whose post we have no idea what you can't agree with or why? Lol

17. NorthwoodHusker

Expand Collapse

Ummm, lets see how LJ does, as I'm sure whoever was brand new db coach at lsu had the same level of talent and was putting guys in the league year two?

Guess you'd need links and ratings of players,plus new systems etc. But talent is talent, LJ is the only talent Fish will have graduated,so,we will see.
    He had one at ucf for sure,first rounder,not sure if theres others.

18. WestCoastCornhusker2

Expand Collapse

Wow, just depressing we can't retain top in-state talent, our football team is turning into our basketball program. Terrible.

19. NorthwoodHusker

Expand Collapse

AD hasn't shown any disinterest either, not as much as Henrich did anyways.

20. huskerssalts

Expand Collapse

we haven’t lost him by any means. We are even favored on 24/7 with 3 crystal balls and one of those by Wiltfong. So far it’s only been X Watts we lost and that’s because he grew up a Notre Dane fan. I honestly think Dickerson ends up being a Husker.

21. HBK4life

Expand Collapse

Who said we aren't retaining? If we lose Avante but keep the other 3 that's still pretty good. Far from over with Dickerson.

22. WestCoastCornhusker2

Expand Collapse

Ok, good, hope you're right.

23. NorthwoodHusker

Expand Collapse

If Fish can get two guys into the pros at ucf, he will be better here.
    Hughes and Griffin, been coaching since 2015 at D1

24. bshirt73

bshirt73 Senior
    Expand Collapse

Damn straight. We can never have enough animal Olinemen,

huskerssalts likes this.
  25. NorthwoodHusker

Expand Collapse

I like how they go get their top O lineman early,it shows their priority as a staff.

bshirt73 and huskerssalts like this.
  26. headcard

headcard Nebraska Legend
    Expand Collapse

Fisher and Held get a lot of credit as recruiters, but I’m not sure anyone has done better than Austin.

bshirt73, Bold Words and huskerssalts like this.
  27. HBK4life

Expand Collapse

28. TheBeav815

TheBeav815 Nebraska Football Hall of Fame
    Expand Collapse

Clester Johnson doesn't get the hype he deserves as a key cog on those 90s teams. I watch those games from time to time and he's just there making plays from that WB position. IIRC he was an option QB who they moved to wingback. They used him running, receiving, returning, and naturally he was a solid run blocker to see the field in that offense.

huskerhooligansdotcom likes this.
  29. cubsker

cubsker Head Coach
    Expand Collapse

that is correct. our WR were a bunch of very solid players who don't get near the credit they deserve. Abdul Muhammad, Jon Vedral, Brendan Holbein, Clester, Kenny Cheatham, Shevin Wiggins, Davison, Lance Brown. Dependable players.

30. Newbomb_Turk1

Newbomb_Turk1 Walk On
    Expand Collapse

Watch the 94 CU game and watch how we handled their good DT Kerry Hicks in the first half. WB would come in motion and wham block him along with Aaron Graham (doubt it's still legal with today's rules). Hicks got hit enough times by Clester and Vedral to take away his hard charge. His head was on a swivel anytime we did motion.

cubsker likes this.