ADVERTISEMENT

Tooth Implant

huskerfan1000

Walk On
Gold Member
Mar 28, 2010
Ive gotten excellent advice on here in the past for health related questions. The other day I was eating and a tooth broke off, 3rd from the back, the dentist said to much of the tooth was lost to repair it or crown it. So Im looking at getting it extracted and an implant put in. Can anyone share their input with a tooth extraction or an implant. Thanks in advance.

Ive gotten excellent advice on here in the past for health related questions. The other day I was eating and a tooth broke off, 3rd from the back, the dentist said to much of the tooth was lost to repair it or crown it. So Im looking at getting it extracted and an implant put in. Can anyone share their input with a tooth extraction or an implant. Thanks in advance.
No big with a molar. Just do it. Just pick your dentist wisely. My two-year-old daughter knocked out my front tooth way back when. (Same kid broke a few Of my ribs a few years later.) A front tooth was cosmetically a bit more tedious. Took 14 months from extraction to implant. Will go much faster with far less issues for a molar.

No big with a molar. Just do it. Just pick your dentist wisely. My two-year-old daughter knocked out my front tooth way back when. (Same kid broke a few Of my ribs a few years later.) A front tooth was cosmetically a bit more tedious. Took 14 months from extraction to implant. Will go much faster with far less issues for a molar.
Sounds like your daughter is pretty tough

Reactions: Bremser
I would go to an oral surgeon for that. Had one a few years ago after cracking a molar on a little piece of bone in a McDonalds suasage biscuit. Whatever they tell you. It's never the same as a healthy tooth. I still get some tenderness there and don't chew hard or tough things on that side.

I've had two done. front tooth and molar. I didn't go under, he did it with a local. Most people choose twilight sleep but i don't like it, so chose local. There was no pain, but my jaw got sore from being propped open for 45 minutes. Also I could smell that burnt bone smell when he drilled the holes for the posts (unpleasant). He screwed in the posts and sutured a flap of skin over the posts. Around 4 months later both bone grafts showed good on the Xray, so the surgeon worked with my dentist to make the crowns. Two weeks later he cut the skin and applied the crowns. Front tooth had a gap between the teeth, so had new crown made at no cost. He had to break the first one he affixed to the post off which was a little creepy. All in all, very straight forward and painless. I've never had any problem chewing on that molar, but like Dingle said, it did get red and a little sore occasionally for about a year after. Be advised insurance only paid half of the $16K for the two.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT