ADVERTISEMENT

Too bad Riley doesn't have Callahan talent on the roster

Prince was Callys and Fonzi was Bo's, correct.

Don't feed the trolls, enough talent on the roster to win every game. It was just proven. Played an absolutely horrendous game and still almost won it.
Yep...We win the last three quarters...all but the first one when, once again, we weren't ready to play. No talent? RollingLaugh

When walk-ons make up almost a third of your travel roster that's a problem.
Try some real numbers again. In the last three quarters we had 426 yards to their 325. Plus we outscore them by 17 points. What happens if we are actually ready to start the game? Is anyone on this board able to talk about lack of talent?

Try some real numbers again. In the last three quarters we had 426 yards to their 325. Plus we outscore them by 17 points. What happens if we are actually ready to start the game? Is anyone on this board able to talk about lack of talent?

That's what's gonna happen when you have upperclassmen scholarship players like Lewis who have to play. Young players plus our first road game is gonna be tough.

Bunch of 18-22 yr olds travel to south FL for a hot, humid game. They weren't ready to go out of the gate.

Reilly is 1-2, a losing record so far.

...... just like so many other years he has coached. I'm thinking 6 or 7 wins max for the Huskers this year.

That's why they play the game. 2 TDs called back, starters out and we still couldn't beat a top 30 team. No depth here. Keep drinking the cool-aid. Why does everyone make excuses. More yards against a prevent and 2 starters out, wow what an accomplishment. You are brilliant b

I fully agree, Callahan is probably the best recruiter we had since back in the 90s. If Riley had 4 or 5 years worth of those type of recruits, im sorry shoot me if you must, wed easily be 3-0. He was the last coach to get us 5 star talent and constant 4 star guys along with it. If i had to guess, he was selling the whole i was a NFL super bowl coach, i can get you there threw me pitch.

Reilly is 1-2, a losing record so far.

...... just like so many other years he has coached. I'm thinking 6 or 7 wins max for the Huskers this year.
I actually agree with you. The best case I see is 6-6, worst case 5-7. But we may win 1 or 2 games that I expect them to lose. Bowl game is in jeopardy!

Are you guys watching the same team i am? I think 8-4 is realistic but then again 9-3 is achievable as well. The only way we go 7-5 or worse is if Armstrong gets hurt for the whole season. Dudes light years better then last with is accuracy and hes a straight up baller. Minnesota barely beat KENT STATE, and a few others looked pretty average as well. If you don't want to give credit where its do, then fine but being real, we were literly a stupid hail marry from giving BYU a second loss and a ampied up and over confident Armstrong threwing a pick from beating Miami and if we didnt drop a bakers dozen balls may have helped as well (not the coaches fault). Yes we are 1-2 but we didnt get owned, we could easily won both those games.

You're a joke. Nothing new to those of us who read this board regularly. That being said, you have taken your bullshit to a whole new level this year.
So...not interested in answering why were 17 points and over 100 yards better in the last three quarters?

Alonzo Moore - 4 star
Jordan Westerkamp - 4 star
Stanley Morgan - 4 Star
Jamal Turner - 4 Star
Brandon Reilly Walk on
Demornay Peirson-el - 3 star All American

Nick Gates - 4 star
Kondolo - 3 star
Reeves - 4 star
Dylan Utter - walk on
Alex Smith - 3 star
Cethan Carter - 3 star

Tommy Armstrong - 3 star - rated higher than Mariotta and Manziel out of high school.
Terrell Newby - 4 star- top 100 nationally
Mikale Wilbon - 4 star
Imani Cross - 3 star

Raw data on our offense.

So TT we actually made adjustments, it has been many yrs since we could say that.

Bill recruited some great defensive players that made up an excellent defense after he was fired.

But Terrence Nunn, Frantz Hardy, and even Mo Purify would barely fit into this current receiving corp. Hell, I kind of feel bad for Bill Callahan. He arrives and inherits Grant Mulkey and Ross Pilkington.

Riley has inherited a lot more offensive skill talent. Shit, if only this team had Shanle, Carriker, Stew Bradley, Lekevin Smith, Fabian Washington, the Bullock Twins, and Barrett Ruud... We might have something.

It remains to be seen if Riley can recruit like Bill Callahan. But I also believe Riley and staff are better at targeting and identifying offensive skill talent than Bill Callahan.

I believe MR will recruit, but impressed with adjustments. I am excited about future, BUT, proof is in the pudding.

So...not interested in answering why were 17 points and over 100 yards better in the last three quarters?

We were better in the fourth quarter after they had stacked up a 30-10 lead and stopped playing hard/ smart football. Stretch your bullshit perspective to three quarters if you wish but that doesn't make it true.

Too bad you have to make excuses for MR. Excuses for poor recruiting. Excuses for a losing record. When exactly do you call it like it is? 3 years? 5 years? Even though the past & present prove he's not a good HC nor recruiter.

We were better in the fourth quarter after they had stacked up a 30-10 lead and stopped playing hard/ smart football. Stretch your bullshit perspective to three quarters if you wish but that doesn't make it true.
Actually one of us was posting true, verifiable stats. The other was posting conjecture.

Thats nice but the game is at least 4 qtrs...

Could it could be argued that he did inherit eerily similar talent at the most important position on the team?

Thats nice but the game is at least 4 qtrs...
That's nice...we aren't talking about how you win a game. We are talking about matching Miami with talent. If we are simply ready to play we win that game with our talent.

Too bad you have to make excuses for MR. Excuses for poor recruiting. Excuses for a losing record. When exactly do you call it like it is? 3 years? 5 years? Even though the past & present prove he's not a good HC nor recruiter.

No excuses, NU is 1-2 and I'll take 1-2 under Riley than 3-0 under your boy Peelini.

I say we all just call it like it is 3 games into this. I'm setting the fire Mike Riley site up right now.
It's time to get $hit rolling. With enough support we can have him gone by the Purdue game.

Also I'm going to set up the Bring Bo Back site as well, we just didn't know what we had until it left. I would say one of the best ever in the history of football at any level. Those damn stupid players just refused to execute the game plan.

You weren't paying attention. Before Riley even coached a game many brought up our lack of talent across the board. With that said, I have stated multiple times I believe we do have enough talent to win our division. But if people think we don't have some major holes to fill in the upcoming classes you are sadly mistaken.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT