ADVERTISEMENT

Tony White -DC syracuse

Well that rumor this morning of Patterson becoming the DC sure lasted a long time. Nobody was even mentioning White this morning. Laughing
Given my druthers I would prefer competent young dudes as assistants rather than corpse’s who smell like old spice

I bet this guy splashes on some sex panther before heading to the office or embarking on a recruiting visit

White_Tony_2018.jpg

Last edited:
I don’t love the 3-3-5, but hey…it will be perfect to defend Wiscy’ new air raid.
The fear is the 3-3-5 goes with a lot of speed and LB, big safeties. That can be easily changed by dropping down an edge rusher which makes your basic 4 man front. I would assume the hunt is on for fast, athletic guys to play the back 8 and I assume some studs to control the middle front. Not much was said about those guys.

He will see what Michigan, Ohio State, Wisconsin (formerly) and others did with a solid ground and pound and adapt. It isn't a single offering off the menu. Everything looks really positive about this guy and there should be some excitement on that side of the ball. Interesting that the players loved Chins from all accounts but the results weren't there obviously.

Reactions: GBR_Atlanta
That's what Rhule's DC ran at Carolina. Interesting stuff and the 3-3 is awesome with regards to smoke and mirrors. Will be interesting how its tweaked against DT and Regular pro sets. Will the OLB's be bigger bodied dudes than what you might see in the Big 12? Or will they dial down a stack backer as a standup DE? Will they slide to over and under fronts or use a bear front or stack front exclusively. Lots of things can be done when you have 8 moveable parts on the edge and 2nd and 3rd level. Similar to the 3-4 I guess but typically a 3-4 plays a lot of 2 high safety and the 3-3 plays single high.
Cavalot talkin' dirty.

Reactions: cavalot
Time to win

Staff did a great job not building too much hype with these hirings

8 minimum next year

One thing fans shouldn’t give two sh!ts about though, is what scheme his name is a attached to.

There is this thing called substitution, and most people won’t notice the difference with what he’s doing compared to plenty of things Nebraska and/or other Big10 teams have done unless it’s vs 10 or 00 personnel IMO. And even then, there’s lots of versatility amongst the great DCs in the Big 10.

Again, the 3-3-5 is very adaptable, especially with subbing to fit offensive personnel.

Given my druthers I would prefer competent young dudes as assistants rather than corpse’s who smell like old spice

I bet this guy splashes on some sex panther before heading to the office or embarking on a recruiting visit

White_Tony_2018.jpg
60% success rate.

Here’s what I know. Syracuse would have thumped us the last 2 years under his defense. Rhule seems to be going after to a T those young motivated assistants. His defenses were tougher than us with 2 star kids. I could give a $&it what the scheme is if our guys a tough and well coached

One thing fans shouldn’t give two sh!ts about though, is what scheme his name is a attached to.

There is this thing called substitution, and most people won’t notice the difference with what he’s doing compared to plenty of things Nebraska and/or other Big10 teams have done unless it’s vs 10 or 00 personnel IMO. And even then, there’s lots of versatility amongst the great DCs in the Big 10.

Again, the 3-3-5 is very adaptable, especially with subbing to fit offensive personnel.
We’ve flipped and flopped between fronts for 2 years now at least in how they looked. I guess my main concern is the learning curve with nomenclature and new assignment descriptions. I fear we’re going to have a lot of busts the first year

I would think we would need a couple of 240 lb+ backers than can run. to run it against teams like Minnesota. .
Blaise Gunnerson will be interesting to watch in this. He could be a good fit along with Garrett Nelson hopefully.
Then add some portal talent.

Reactions: BleedRed78
my favorite part about this hire is the guy looks like someone you wouldn't want to meet in a back alley

defenders are supposed to be mean & nasty

my favorite part about this hire is the guy looks like someone you wouldn't want to meet in a back alley

defenders are supposed to be mean & nasty
I don’t care if he looks like Wayne Newton if he can recruit and coach. Well maybe just a little bit.

Forced them to throw for 424.
I watched that whole game

purdue were down big, came back, went back & forth until the very end

was a great one. penalties did the boilers in much more than the 'cuse D (including very pelini-esque 15 yarder on their coach), but they did hold at the end

Last edited:
Don't care about his scheme. I care about his ability to recruit and coach. These guys aren't stupid, they know what the B1G involves. They'll either adapt to it and or think they have the kind of players needed to run the scheme successfully.

Reactions: Lincoln100
Not Tuco but I don't see tons of data on his D's since he hasn't been the DC for very long but of course, what you read is all positive. Yes, 3-3-5 would be interesting in the B1G for sure.
Gotta say this. The defense that gave us the most fits on the high school level was a well run 3-3 defense if disguised well. Never had a clue what lb were going to do. Lot's of slants and hole plugging. Bad because we pulled linemen 60-80 % of the time

Reactions: BleedRed78
Gotta say this. The defense that gave us the most fits on the high school level was a well run 3-3 defense if disguised well. Never had a clue what lb were going to do. Lot's of slants and hole plugging. Bad because we pulled linemen 60-80 % of the time
Carriker was on Big Red Wrapup tonight (filmed yesterday I think), and he said the one defense he doesnt want is 3 3 5.

ADVERTISEMENT