ADVERTISEMENT

Tony Fair very interested in Nebraska

You may want to look at the depth chart.
This. Khalil is probably playing out of position at 300 lbs and is better suited as a 3-4 DE. If Fair is more than fair as a football player, he would fit in really nicely with Daniels after Mick graduates.

Reactions: kakdawg
You may want to look at the depth chart.

Exactly...we lose Stolt and Newell this year. Leaving only Daniels. I love Daniels but the way we play offense we need to have at least a solid 2deep at all defensive line positions. Hell I'd like to see us having 8 guys ready to go at DL myself.

I think they are cross training the guys to play all DL positions . So a guy like either Davis bro or Thomas could play that nose in pinch . BUT as far a TRUE NGs we will have Daniels next year and that's it.

From what I've seen on film I think this guy could come in and immediately be a 2 deep NG with Daniels.

Love his hands, body tyoe, and how he plays with leverage. On film he looks like a perfect fit at a position of need.

Holla

Not sure how I feel about this. Kid looks good on tape but are we hurting for NT help? Taking a JUCO NT screams immediate help. Hmmm.. I guess we'll see. I really do like his film and his desire to get better and win titles.

Well we only have one NT on the roster as of now starting in '19 so I would say it is a huge need...yes Khalil could, and may, but that's still not enough

Reactions: c3ntral08
Well we only have one NT on the roster as of now starting in '19 so I would say it is a huge need...yes Khalil could, and may, but that's still not enough

Yep, only Daniels with the right body type. We are still going after NT's in high school so they obviously view it as a big need.

I think Ethan gets to 310 in college and could play more than one spot, but ideally we want the NT body.

Tony Fair on Frost and his staff:

“Nothing but amazement," Fair said about his thoughts on the offer. “I already looked them up, checked out their background at UCF and I love what they are doing. It’s a huge possibility that they will make things happen there with a title run.”

The defender has been in contact with both head coach Scott Frost and defensive line coach Mike Dawson so far in his recruitment with Nebraska. The conversation with Frost made an impression.

“That was amazing," Fair said. "I look at him as a young Nick Saban. He knows how to win. He knows what he’s doing. I have no doubts about that after checking out his career at UCF. He turned that whole program around in two years. I feel like Nebraska can be the next powerhouse once Coach Frost gets settled in there.”

N

Reactions: c3ntral08
Tony Fair on Frost and his staff:

“Nothing but amazement," Fair said about his thoughts on the offer. “I already looked them up, checked out their background at UCF and I love what they are doing. It’s a huge possibility that they will make things happen there with a title run.”

The defender has been in contact with both head coach Scott Frost and defensive line coach Mike Dawson so far in his recruitment with Nebraska. The conversation with Frost made an impression.

“That was amazing," Fair said. "I look at him as a young Nick Saban. He knows how to win. He knows what he’s doing. I have no doubts about that after checking out his career at UCF. He turned that whole program around in two years. I feel like Nebraska can be the next powerhouse once Coach Frost gets settled in there.”

N

So COMMIT NOW!!! Winking

The thing I like about this kid is that he is a grown man. He could have graduated back in 2014, which means that if circumstances were different, he could actually have played out a four year college career by now.

So he will be a two to play two guy, but he's physically mature. And yet, given that he's never been in a major college program, he may see a lot of gains early on once he gets on campus.

Thought he was committing today.

source.gif

Exactly...we lose Stolt and Newell this year. Leaving only Daniels. I love Daniels but the way we play offense we need to have at least a solid 2deep at all defensive line positions. Hell I'd like to see us having 8 guys ready to go at DL myself.

I think they are cross training the guys to play all DL positions . So a guy like either Davis bro or Thomas could play that nose in pinch . BUT as far a TRUE NGs we will have Daniels next year and that's it.

From what I've seen on film I think this guy could come in and immediately be a 2 deep NG with Daniels.

Love his hands, body tyoe, and how he plays with leverage. On film he looks like a perfect fit at a position of need.

Holla

Not to mention how hard it is to find these types of positional players (3-4 nose or big DTs). Expect a ton of competition coming in late on this kid. Like a lot of solid under-the-radar recruits Frost will pursue. The Big Boys come on late to try and steal our show. GBR

Reactions: kakdawg
Not to mention how hard it is to find these types of positional players (3-4 nose or big DTs). Expect a ton of competition coming in late on this kid. Like a lot of solid under-the-radar recruits Frost will pursue. The Big Boys come on late to try and steal our show. GBR

No questinq. I'll be pleasantly surprised if this isn't the case.

Holla

Thomas not still playing nose? I like him, I think he's sneaky good.

I think that was an idea back when he was originally recruited, Beav, but yeah, they moved him to DE in the 3-4 because it was a better fit. Really, the only other dedicated NT we have after Stoltenberg (and he's not supposed to even be an NT, he's too tall) is Daniels. Daniels will be perfect in the role, but the idea is, that build (6'2" to 6'3" and well over 300 pounds with speed and strength) is kind of rare in college ball. If you can find a guy that is literally perfect for the role, it's best to snatch him up ASAP. That is why I hope we land Tony Fair like, yesterday.

So just how good is this kid? Yes, he has size. But does he have strength, endurance, and athletic ability to play well in the B1G? Not trying to be a contrarian. I just am ignorant here and would like some enlightenment

So just how good is this kid? Yes, he has size. But does he have strength, endurance, and athletic ability to play well in the B1G? Not trying to be a contrarian. I just am ignorant here and would like some enlightenment

Good question. I really don't know. I also have no idea whether or not we're even getting him.

Reactions: Pennsyhusker
Just a suggestion.

Can we save the "so-&-so is N" posts for those who have actually committed. This post should have said something like "so-&-so very interested in Nebraska", or something like that. Tks.

I'm sorry the thread isn't to your liking. I thought he was on the verge of committing when I posted my OP. I was wrong about that but remain hopeful that he will choose NU.

For veterans of this thread, LHL clarified when he added the asterisk.

If you read the initial post, nothing should gave been misleading.

I learned this by attending the "Evelyn Woodhead Sped Reddin" course. It improvvd my reddin and comprenshun.

I suggest it to all here, especially the ones that cannot read simple sentences.

If you read the initial post, nothing should gave been misleading.

I learned this by attending the "Evelyn Woodhead Sped Reddin" course. It improvvd my reddin and comprenshun.

I suggest it to all here, especially the ones that cannot read simple sentences.
The headline was misleading though. And you're not the only one who can read by the way.

ADVERTISEMENT