ADVERTISEMENT

Tonight convinced me we at most have 1-2 wins left.

I think it’s more the obsessive tone and frequency with which you discuss this weird crusade of yours, like a self-hating dumped girlfriend.
The crusade rests with those like you who are all too willing to throw reality in the trash in favor of your incorrect beliefs

I simply post the truth

Don’t be shocked if the B1G goes winless during bowl season this year. The league is an absolute joke, per usual

Because there are literally dozens of available coaches out there who are better and better qualified. I haven't seen anything to be impressed with. Got blasted by Oklahoma, squeaked by 2 shit teams, and then lost to a mediocre Purdue team. Is that the Nebraska standard anymore?
Like Matt Ruel (sp) who got fired for losing never mind he is making like a million a month in buyout. Yeah he has a lot to coach for. Cambell? Probably has one more win on the schedule. Leopoldo? Lucky to be 500.

Mickey has more class then anyone who has been here since TO. He will turn this program around

Reactions: BleedRed78
The self hating Husker fans in this thread really makes me hope this is a loud vocal minority.

1). Purdue isn’t a mediocre team. They are a good team. AOC lit up TN last year in a bowl game and remember Purdue won that game. TN is the 3rd ranked team in the nation right now. Not exactly the two same teams but they do have a lot of the same players

2) The have a top ranked run defense. We actually had more rushing yards then there average. It wasn’t pretty but we did get one TD on the ground which before last night, they’d only allowed 2 all season. And we had more rushing yards and YPC then Minnesota did and from what I read on this board the gophers are going to boat race us with their “ground game”

3) we were freaking missing on 2 of our LBs and still almost won. Why do you think old crazy legs had such a fantastic day? we couldn’t afford to have our LBs Miss tackles last night with the heavy emphasis our safeties had to have on the pass game… so many of you all write off Husker success due to injuries on the other team but yet you ignore it on our end

4) we were the better team in the 2nd half.

All of these teams except Iowa can run the ball effectively. I have no faith that our defense will stop them. Purdue wasn't even in the Top 100 teams nationally in rushing yards before this game, and they were getting 5 yards a carry at will.

We should be able to shut down Iowa, though we tend to make their offense look a lot better than it is.
They can run the ball but are not great in the passing game. It will be easier to get off the field against them than it was against Perdue whom we only lost to by six points on their home field.

Thought Nebraska could pull it out, just too little defense to win it, gave up over 600 yards tonight. I hope the next coach keeps Mickey, he's getting as much out of this team as he can.

Agree, want to keep Mickey in his original receiver coach position but he has little chance of being head coach if he doesn’t prove it on the field with wins.

We don’t know if they’re better. More experienced as a head coach for sure. The better part is an unknown. I personally think Mickey would be a good if not great head coach IF he could hire the right assistants.
Yes, there are better coaches out there. There always is. But will the stars align to get that better guy whoever it is? I put the odds at less than 50%. Will the boosters who pressured Trev to keep Frost on for another year be influential in the next hire too? I hope not.

Mickey exhibits several traits that make him a good candidate. If he could bring in experienced coordinators and retain the best assistants already here, I think that would be a pretty good situation. He's already proven that he can take a team and make them better.

All of these teams except Iowa can run the ball effectively. I have no faith that our defense will stop them. Purdue wasn't even in the Top 100 teams nationally in rushing yards before this game, and they were getting 5 yards a carry at will.

We should be able to shut down Iowa, though we tend to make their offense look a lot better than it is.
Whatever

Yes, there are better coaches out there. There always is. But will the stars align to get that better guy whoever it is? I put the odds at less than 50%. Will the boosters who pressured Trev to keep Frost on for another year be influential in the next hire too? I hope not.

Mickey exhibits several traits that make him a good candidate. If he could bring in experienced coordinators and retain the best assistants already here, I think that would be a pretty good situation. He's already proven that he can take a team and make them better.
Purple suit says it all.

Welp… looks like another 3-9 or 4-8 season. At this point no effin way we win more than one game of the remaining ones… if even that

can’t wait to see who the next guy is, because it ain’t Mickey

Reactions: RaulJones
Like Matt Ruel (sp) who got fired for losing never mind he is making like a million a month in buyout. Yeah he has a lot to coach for. Cambell? Probably has one more win on the schedule. Leopoldo? Lucky to be 500.

Mickey has more class then anyone who has been here since TO. He will turn this program around
Rhule got fired from the NFL. He was very successful at Temple and Baylor. I don't think anyone wants Campbell at this point, but he had 5 straight winning seasons at Iowa State before this one. Does anyone think Joseph would do that?

There are countless other coaches with better resumes than Joseph. He has no legitimate claim to the job other than he played at Nebraska and that matters a great deal to certain Husker fans. Hell, people were defending Frost after going 3-9 in year 4.

Rhule got fired from the NFL. He was very successful at Temple and Baylor. I don't think anyone wants Campbell at this point, but he had 5 straight winning seasons at Iowa State before this one. Does anyone think Joseph would do that?

There are countless other coaches with better resumes than Joseph. He has no legitimate claim to the job other than he played at Nebraska and that matters a great deal to certain Husker fans. Hell, people were defending Frost after going 3-9 in year 4.
Mickey is a Nebraska guy, he understands the history of the program and what it means to be a Husker. Those things are important to the people of Nebraska, outsiders just don't get it.

Mickey is a Nebraska guy, he understands the history of the program and what it means to be a Husker. Those things are important to the people of Nebraska, outsiders just don't get it.
Well played.. went over a couple guys heads initially but well done 😉

Reactions: Pete Malloy
I think we could get 1-2 wins from Iowa, Minnesota, Wisconsin optimistically, but no way on Illinois and Michigan.

I doubt a 4-5 win season will be enough to retain Mickey Joseph as head coach.

The Trey Palmer show hasn’t led to any consistent running game, surprisingly, and our defense is a major liability.

I don’t know where that leaves us.
Neb. will AT MOST win one more gm. Definitely will NOT win more than 1 more game from here on out.

Isn’t it crazy how all we needed to magically look competitive is to play our peers in the worst conference in the country?

who could’ve ever seen this coming?

We unquestionably can win the rest of our games. Illinois sucks ass just like the rest of these pathetic B1G teams
Wooo, down boy!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT