ADVERTISEMENT

Tonight convinced me we at most have 1-2 wins left.

Clevinger

Assistant Head Coach
Gold Member
Feb 26, 2007
I think we could get 1-2 wins from Iowa, Minnesota, Wisconsin optimistically, but no way on Illinois and Michigan.

I doubt a 4-5 win season will be enough to retain Mickey Joseph as head coach.

The Trey Palmer show hasn’t led to any consistent running game, surprisingly, and our defense is a major liability.

I don’t know where that leaves us.

0% chance we beat Michigan.

Purdue is on the same level as Illinois, we have a chance with it being a home game.

Minnesota, Wisconsin and Iowa are all very winnable games
This. Give it a rest. Yes the defense has issues. The team is playing hard and I like their chances to pull off a few more wins. If they don’t, poor effort won’t be the issue.

D

I felt like Purdue would have ran away with that game tonight without a superhuman performance by Palmer. We didn’t look good aside from him.
Ohio State could have said the same thing last year when they beat us by 9 and Smith Ngiba had 200+ yards receiving. We are going to need some “dudes” long term who can do what Palmer did tonight.

Every elite team has them and relies on them to have incredible games throughout the year.

D

I felt like Purdue would have ran away with that game tonight without a superhuman performance by Palmer. We didn’t look good aside from him.
Sooooo we looked good? Trey’s got an N on his helmet. I’m confused. We can’t say “except for our best player” especially when our best player is deadly. Let’s just take Jordan off of the 90s Bulls, or Ruth off of the 27 Yankees. Let’s see how good those teams are then. Obviously Palmer ain’t Jordan or Ruth but dam. You see how crazy it sounds?

Nothing is certain but the “we won’t win another game” crowd needs to go watch game tape of Iowa, Minnesota, and Wisconsin. Don’t underestimate the ineptitude of QB play we’ll see in those games.

We’ll need to slow down the run game a bit, but we can win any, or all, of those three.

Probably 2-3. Outside of Michigan, the games are winnable, but also all games we could lose. Might beat Wisconsin and Minnesota.

Reactions: headcard
I think we could get 1-2 wins from Iowa, Minnesota, Wisconsin optimistically, but no way on Illinois and Michigan.

The Trey Palmer show hasn’t led to any consistent running game, surprisingly, and our defense is a major liability.

Clev, I normally respect your opinion, but I think you are dead wrong here. There is quite a bit to be optimistic about the rest of the way.

I bagged on Reimer and Henrich more than anyone. Reimer was absolutely ridiculously playing above his level over the previous two weeks. Great reads...and making game changing plays. He was GREATLY missed tonight...especially considering what Purdue wanted to do/was CAPABLE of doing offensively.

Schematically, NU made two mistakes. DEFENSIVELY, 2nd and 12th and about our 30? ...blitz on a 3-3 and they hit the slant for 6. OFFENSIVELY, the second series of the second half, they tried too hard to force the big play right away.

The bright spots....Haussmann can freaking play. He failed to scrape over the top and read too slow toq get over the upfield shoulder outside on a 3rd down play. Other than that... (and another play I am trying to remember...lol) NU has found another LB that is only a Freshman.

This team can play with ANYBODY left on the schedule......minus Michigan.

Illinios has the best defense in the West Division. Possibly the entire conference.

Purdue has a dynamic offense. They will give a lot of teams fits on that side of the ball.

Illinios has the best defense in the West Division. Possibly the entire conference.

Purdue has a dynamic offense. They will give a lot of teams fits on that side of the ball.
Lovie knows defense. As bad as a HC he was he wasn’t going to recruit some lame ass on D. However it’s a home game and I don’t think outside of Michigan or Iowa, anyone came
play Trey. You feed him until you can’t. I’m not too worried about their offense @ Home. I bet we win

Reactions: BleedRed78

Every team left on our schedule has a very good defense. In fact, 4 of the 5 teams left on our schedule rank in the Top 10 nationally in total defense. I'm not sure the "just throw it up to Palmer" strategy is going to be enough to beat them.

Sooooo we looked good? Trey’s got an N on his helmet. I’m confused. We can’t say “except for our best player” especially when our best player is deadly. Let’s just take Jordan off of the 90s Bulls, or Ruth off of the 27 Yankees. Let’s see how good those teams are then. Obviously Palmer ain’t Jordan or Ruth but dam. You see how crazy it sounds.

Sooooo we looked good? Trey’s got an N on his helmet. I’m confused. We can’t say “except for our best player” especially when our best player is deadly. Let’s just take Jordan off of the 90s Bulls, or Ruth off of the 27 Yankees. Let’s see how good those teams are then. Obviously Palmer ain’t Jordan or Ruth but dam. You see how crazy it sounds?
The 1990s Chicago Bulls had Hall of Famer Scottie Pippen, Dennis Rodman, arguably the best rebounding forward in NBA history, All Star Toni Kukoc, Steve Kerr and many other good to very good players on the roster besides Jordan. Are you suggesting there are future Hall of Fame or All-American players on the 2022 Nebraska football roster? The Bulls would not have won 6 championships without Jordan, but they would have been a good and competitive team. Nebraska without Palmer is not a good and competitive team. Removing Palmer from the Nebraska roster and removing Jordan from the Bulls is not analogous at all.
If Ruth was removed from the 1927 Yankees, they still would have won the pennant and World Series. There were five other Hall of Fame players on that 1927 squad: Lou Gehrig, Tony Lazzeri, Earle Combs, Waite Hoyt, Herb Pennock and a deserving Hall of Famer in Bob Meusel. Again, do you see any Hall of Fame players on the Nebraska roster?
See how crazy your response is?

Reactions: FissionReaction
Nothing is certain but the “we won’t win another game” crowd needs to go watch game tape of Iowa, Minnesota, and Wisconsin. Don’t underestimate the ineptitude of QB play we’ll see in those games.

We’ll need to slow down the run game a bit, but we can win any, or all, of those three.
We can, but I promise you this...We won't.

Lovie knows defense. As bad as a HC he was he wasn’t going to recruit some lame ass on D. However it’s a home game and I don’t think outside of Michigan or Iowa, anyone came
play Trey. You feed him until you can’t. I’m not too worried about their offense @ Home. I bet we win
I am worried about their running back. They are not that great. However, they have a good coach ( The fat pig everyone made fun of when his name was brought up for the coaching position at Neb), who understands how to play Big Ten Football. This is a win for Illinois no problem. Until we figure out how to play in this conference, this will be the result. Easy money and I don't like saying it.

I think every game is winnable other than Michigan. And because Nebraska has been so incredibly erratic the past, well, almost decade and a half, I wouldn't even count us out against Michigan - I feel they are ripe for an upset or shit game (which hopefully doesn't happen for them vs MSU or Rutgers).

Mind you, I'm merely saying those games are winnable. I am not going to rush out and throw any money on Nebraska covering any spreads in the remaining games in which we most likely will be the underdogs, other than perhaps Iowa.

Hey, at least it's exciting, right? 😂

Reactions: BleedRed78
With our young secondary knew it was going to be a difficult time to come out with a win not to mention our best linebackers were out or reinjured.

Nebraska will have better match ups with Illinois, Minnesota, Wisconsin and Ioway than they will with Purdue and Michigan…

As far as Mickey he might not be the answer but he should be part of the solution being on th next staff one way or the other.. We need him to help turn this ship around..

Last edited:
Defense was pretty bad but that is kind of the trend in CFB...I was more disappointed in CT....thought he left a lot of yards/points/TOP on the field. He plays better, our D stays off the field more and aren't put in so many bad spots, and we win that game. That's how I see it anyway.

Defense was pretty bad but that is kind of the trend in CFB...I was more disappointed in CT....thought he left a lot of yards/points/TOP on the field. He plays better, our D stays off the field more and aren't put in so many bad spots, and we win that game. That's how I see it anyway.
That pass to Brown being wide open was a kick in the nuts.. Both the offensive and defensive lines need to improve regardless who the next head coach hired is..

Get ready for heavy dose of power running games the rest of the season..

Reactions: HominidHusker
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT