ADVERTISEMENT

Tommy Armstrong

throwin bones50

Nebraska Legend
Sep 3, 2009
I am watching the Holiday Bowl and just watching Tommy make some throws. I am really just feeling he is going to have a breakout year this year. You look at the pure arm talent he has he could be poised to have that type of year.

You look at a few points that help me feel this way...
  • Two scrimmages we have had he has 0 turnovers. So for the crowd that says he is turnover prone it seems like Riley and company have done something. Either they have taught him a technique to his throwing that is helping him be more accurate, better communication with us huddling and having more defined passing routes not having WR read the leverage change his route off of the defender's leverage.
  • He is another year into his college career. He got the baptism by fire his freshman year. Last year was the AA show where we wanted to have a vertical passing game to open up running lanes is not exactly the most QB friendly offense especially when you don't have a great pass blocking OL to give you time. The game is slowing down to him more and more every day because of his experience.
  • The offense will be geared around what he does well. The offense is around him and not the running back he will be the key that makes this car go!
  • Talent at the skilled position for him to throw to. WR I feel is a spot I feel you are going to be better at. You lose Bell, but you got DPE(after he recovers) and JW as the two features in the offense. Moore and Turner sound like one of those should be a solid 3/4 weapon. Morgan is the surprise I can't wait to see how this kid looks. Either way when healthy DPE and JW are two very good targets out there. Then I believe the staff will put the others in spots to succeed! Like not throwing bubble screens to Allen on a defense that had been super aggressive the entire game.
Maybe I am sipping the big red kool aid, but I could see a 3,200 yd passing year with 28/30 TDs and 10 Ints. The ints are a step up since I expect him to be throwing more. Cool

What are your thoughts?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.