ADVERTISEMENT

Tom Herman

Tom Herman would be a home run hire if we could bring him in as an offensive coordinator. He did a fantastic job at Iowa State and, if I recall correctly, Urban Meyer noticed and brought him on as his OC at Ohio State. He must be doing a decent job with the Bears too if you follow how the Bears offense has been revived from the dead.

As a head coach, he wouldn't be a wow hire. But again, the key will be what kind of staff he is able to put together. Herman would run the ball, mix in some option. Moving the ball on offense has never been a problem.
Herman got a 15.4 M guaranteed payoff from UT. No wonder he’s not working right now. He grew up in California. ASU should be all over him.

By comparison, Sark is 11-11 at Texas.

Herman didn't suck-up to UT's big boosters. That was one of his major issues in Austin. And to be fair, his personality is a bit squirrelly.
That's why Texas didn't have enough scholarship OL this spring to go 1s vs 2s. Herman started well, but his recruiting fell off the cliff his last 2 years. Him keeping Herb Hand as the OL coach should've been enough to warrant a firing. Nevermind all the immature crap he pulled while in Austin. Wonder why his name isn't hardly mentioned with all these coaching vacancies? Colorado would be a perfect fit for him to try and build his reputation back.

Reactions: Landomatic
Tom Herman would be a home run hire if we could bring him in as an offensive coordinator. He did a fantastic job at Iowa State and, if I recall correctly, Urban Meyer noticed and brought him on as his OC at Ohio State. He must be doing a decent job with the Bears too if you follow how the Bears offense has been revived from the dead.

As a head coach, he wouldn't be a wow hire. But again, the key will be what kind of staff he is able to put together. Herman would run the ball, mix in some option. Moving the ball on offense has never been a problem.
Between the coaches at OSU, U of Houston, and U of Texas, I'm sure there are some who would fit right in, that may or may not be working and available, and do a good job. And if he were to retain Mickey, Busch, and Applewhite I could get on board.

(But that's not a deal-breaker for me, I just think they have all 3 done a good job at NU. Retain those 3 and fire the rest including Duval. It would be great to retain Vince also).

Whoever the head coach is, I'm gonna get on board for a year and a half regardless. We all know whoever takes over this mess better be ready for some heavy lifting for 2-3 years.

My top 5 available (minus Kiffin, and Urban, cause I don't think they're coming) candidates would be:
Herman, O'Brien, Mickey, Leipold, Viegen.

IMO. Herman more than O'Brien because he typically runs a more balanced offensive attack.

Reactions: dinglefritz
Between the coaches at OSU, U of Houston, and U of Texas, I'm sure there are some who would fit right in, that may or may not be working and available, and do a good job. And if he were to retain Mickey, Busch, and Applewhite I could get on board.

(But that's not a deal-breaker for me, I just think they have all 3 done a good job at NU. Retain those 3 and fire the rest including Duval. It would be great to retain Vince also).

Whoever the head coach is, I'm gonna get on board for a year and a half regardless. We all know whoever takes over this mess better be ready for some heavy lifting for 2-3 years.

My top 5 available (minus Kiffin, and Urban, cause I don't think they're coming) candidates would be:
Herman, O'Brien, Mickey, Leipold, Viegen.

IMO. Herman more than O'Brien because he typically runs a more balanced offensive attack.
Viegen?

Mid 40's coach. Coach at N Dakota State, Wyoming, and the HC at Montana State. Year one took them to the FCS National title game.

I think dingle was the first one to mention him and I took a look. He could be that small-time guy that folks don't know about. They can come from anywhere.

Good coach who never had a losing season at Texas. Either CU or ASU would be a good fit for him. The strange thing is, since he's not working for years, why hasn't he been offered a HC job by now? Something doesn't seem right with him.

Reactions: LonghornInOmaha
That's why Texas didn't have enough scholarship OL this spring to go 1s vs 2s. Herman started well, but his recruiting fell off the cliff his last 2 years. Him keeping Herb Hand as the OL coach should've been enough to warrant a firing. Nevermind all the immature crap he pulled while in Austin. Wonder why his name isn't hardly mentioned with all these coaching vacancies? Colorado would be a perfect fit for him to try and build his reputation back.
His recruiting was perfectly fine. Texas looked more physically impressive than Alabama when they played imo. Texas's struggles the last couple of years are 100% on Sark.

His recruiting was perfectly fine. Texas looked more physically impressive than Alabama when they played imo. Texas's struggles the last couple of years are 100% on Sark.
Hilarious. Texas starts a true freshman and a RS freshman on the OL this year. They only ran for 79 yards against Alabama, with arguably the best RB in the country. Herman didn't prioritize OL in recruiting and it shows up almost every game when they play a physical defensive front, beginning last year.

Hilarious. Texas starts a true freshman and a RS freshman on the OL this year. They only ran for 79 yards against Alabama, with arguably the best RB in the country. Herman didn't prioritize OL in recruiting and it shows up almost every game when they play a physical defensive front, beginning last year.
Sark has had 2 years to beef up his own OL with transfers and his own recruits. It's entirely on him if it isn't up to par.

Early on I was an advocate for Herman. OC/QB coach for OSU winning National Title.

HC for 2 years at U of Houston (22-4).

3 years at Texas going (32-18), including 4-0 in bowl games going 3-0 against top 11 ranked teams in bowl games. Overall record as HC (54-22), 71%.

3 years prior to Herman arriving at Univ. of Texas they were (16-21) and only (46-42) over a 7-year span.

UT felt it was best to let Herman go in favor of Sarkisian who has produced an (11-11) record.
Sark was close vs Alabama.

Sark has had 2 years to beef up his own OL with transfers and his own recruits. It's entirely on him if it isn't up to par.
Right. Because it only takes 2 years (1 full recruiting cycle) to develop a legit OL. Exactly how many all conference type OL were in the portal last year? I'd venture a guess way under 10. Warm bodies? Sure, plenty of them. How'd that OL from Okla State turn out?

Could be an interesting candidate. Has a bunch of things going for him:

1. Wasn't as bad at Texas as people think and can handle the fishbowl that is NU and has the Power 5 experience
2. OC on National Title Team
3. 13-1 @ lower school
4. Seems to recruit well
5. Seems to be a grinder. Has been in the profession awhile
6. Seems to be a winner

With that said, let's shred him now!
But, will TO and "the boosters" approve? Because apparently they make all the decisions here.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT