ADVERTISEMENT

Tom Herman fired

Fickle makes sense. Campbell and Meyer are too good for that sh-- show.

Seems like an odd reason for a school like Texas to fire him. Not saying it isn't possible, but I would think they'd just sweep it under the rug instead of spending 25 million to make it go away.
Def not the reason, just an off field "problem" that came up last couple months. They want better on the field and think they're entitled to it....

Reactions: dinglefritz
So weird. For a team that's won 1 natty in 50 years, its hard to comprehend their superiority complex.
Largest athletic budget in the country and they think their shite dont stink. Come live here a couple weeks you'll comprende quick... I don't get it either tbh

let the bricks crumble at the mighty Texas… now some one get a match and blaze it up

Reactions: ATX Husker
What happens to UT’s commits? Do they let them out of the LOI’s they signed a couple weeks ago?

Looking at 247 Texas player rankings, Herman wasn’t locking down the state, only pulled 1 of the top 20 with two undecided players this year. Missed on each of the top 5 last year, and prior year.

Not shocked he’s gone, just don’t understand paying 25 million to move to Sark.

Read an article that Herman did something to tick off some boosters. Something like some tradition thing or something dumb.

At one time he was a darling of the coaching world and had his choice of jobs, that is how he got to Texas.

I am more inclined to put stock in coaches like Campbell who have won at every level and aren't a flash in the pan. Sounds like the NFL is talking to him.

No, why would they? They committed to the school.
Come on. Again, do you really believe this or just like to argue? The AD came out and said they were keeping Herman before signing day, those kids committed to coaches that won’t be there, if they want out they should be let out.

Read an article that Herman did something to tick off some boosters. Something like some tradition thing or something dumb.

At one time he was a darling of the coaching world and had his choice of jobs, that is how he got to Texas.

I am more inclined to put stock in coaches like Campbell who have won at every level and aren't a flash in the pan. Sounds like the NFL is talking to him.
He deserved all the accolades at the time. He developed a 3rd string qb to win a national title. He also did very well at Houston. He deserved to get the job at Texas. However as soon as he brought in Tim Beck, I knew he ****ed himself over. Their offense was terrible with him, but they ended up getting rid of him and were starting to hit their stride this year.

Reactions: skintight
Come on. Again, do you really believe this or just like to argue? The AD came out and said they were keeping Herman before signing day, those kids committed to coaches that won’t be there, if they want out they should be let out.
When you sign a LOI, you commit to the school genius.

When you sign a LOI, you commit to the school genius.
The coaches that recruited them are gone, genius. Every single one of those kids picked that school in part because of how they fit into the football team and their relationship with the coaches

Provision 11 – Coaching Changes

You are signing your NLI and athletic aid agreement with the University, not the coach. If the coach leaves, you are still required to go to that school for at least one year. There are opportunities for releases but they are generally not granted. Make sure you want to attend that school and not just play for that coach.

Right there in black and white. Teams have been waiting tell after signing day to change coachs. Right or wrong its just the way it is

Reactions: oldjar07

Provision 11 – Coaching Changes

You are signing your NLI and athletic aid agreement with the University, not the coach. If the coach leaves, you are still required to go to that school for at least one year. There are opportunities for releases but they are generally not granted. Make sure you want to attend that school and not just play for that coach.

Right there in black and white. Teams have been waiting tell after sug6
We all know the rule. But it doesn’t mean holding a kid to his LOI that wants out after a coaching change is the right thing to do.

Yes, Texas is screwed again! On his own Sark will self destruct, guaranteed. Weed, Whiskey, and Whores, is what Austin is known for.
Really! I've lived in Austin 50 yrs. and I never heard that combination. Back in the day (wayyy back) but today,
it's high tech, Tesla, Dell, Oracle, Samsung, IBM, $$$$ and outstanding restaurants and music. Guess you haven't
been to Austin in awhile...

Herman won 64% of his games at UT. They fired him, so they could hire a guy who won 62% of his games at UW, and 66% of his games at SC.

Since joining the Big XII, Texas has more head coaches than conference championships..

Herman won 64% of his games at UT. They fired him, so they could hire a guy who won 62% of his games at UW, and 66% of his games at SC.

Since joining the Big XII, Texas has more head coaches than conference championships..
I would guess that his association with Saban for the past few years outweighed all of that to the Texas administration/boosters.

Looking at 247 Texas player rankings, Herman wasn’t locking down the state, only pulled 1 of the top 20 with two undecided players this year. Missed on each of the top 5 last year, and prior year.

Not shocked he’s gone, just don’t understand paying 25 million to move to Sark.
He has IMO the best freshman RB in the country and now 2 highly recruited freshman QBs and a stud incoming QB recruit. I think Sark is walking in to a really good situation talent wise and will have a soph QB who was a top 100 recruit. The other guys are high 4 stars as well. This smells to me like a move made too soon considering where they were a couple of years ago.

He inherited the richest state to recruit. I’d say 3 years is enough to see major progress when speaking about Texas. Hate to say it but I see a lot of similarities between us and Texas as to how both play on game days. Very undisciplined and very unmotivated at times.

I’ve said it before, THIS will be the biggest off-season for Frost. Another losing season and nobody but Moos will be pulling for him.
Look at Husker schedule. Frost ain't gonna meet your standard brother !

So I take it you think this is a good move for Texas? Firing your coach is always a good move and always turns out well and Texas is the model for good decisions on things like this?
We are the only ones worse than Texas at bad decisions !

I think I do too after a quick search. Looks lovely. When ever somebody asks me "what do you want" my standard answer has been a tall blonde and a million bucks. I need to amend that to a billion.
I know right ?!? Yes Kendra has been quite the booster lately lol. People also forget about the on going feud he has with that pos Zach Smith too. Alot of ugly arrows been slung even if not all true. Toms not the ADs hire either, but still if he was beating OU etc and winning the conference with a playoff appearance or two he would still be here

I was being a smartass and comparing the situation to Frost. Many fans think Frost needs 9 years to turn it around. That is bullshit and hopefully this is an eye opener for Frost. In this day and age, people aren't playing games anymore. And I fully agree with your post.
Don't think Frost has the ability to "turn it around". Not with his present staff !

I know right ?!? Yes Kendra has been quite the booster lately lol. People also forget about the on going feud he has with that pos Zach Smith too. Alot of ugly arrows been slung even if not all true. Toms not the ADs hire either, but still if he was beating OU etc and winning the conference with a playoff appearance or two he would still be here
I've always thought he was a good coach. I didn't necessarily like the guy from some of the things he's said over the years but I think he's a solid coach. Man I would give my right one for NU to have their RB.

ADVERTISEMENT