ADVERTISEMENT

Tom Herman fired

He inherited a mess. A team with 3 consecutive losing seasons. A complete rebuild. He should have had at LEAST another 5 years to turn it around.

He inherited the richest state to recruit. I’d say 3 years is enough to see major progress when speaking about Texas. Hate to say it but I see a lot of similarities between us and Texas as to how both play on game days. Very undisciplined and very unmotivated at times.

I’ve said it before, THIS will be the biggest off-season for Frost. Another losing season and nobody but Moos will be pulling for him.

He inherited a mess. A team with 3 consecutive losing seasons. A complete rebuild. He should have had at LEAST another 5 years to turn it around.
So I take it you think this is a good move for Texas? Firing your coach is always a good move and always turns out well and Texas is the model for good decisions on things like this?

Reactions: WHCSC
Texass been a revolving door since each Mack Brown left the 40 achres...

This is a great gif lmao
FilthyOccasionalArieltoucan-small.gif

Has Mr. Bean vibes
7a33b8fd99766be6b514a0ffe1acfcaf.gif

He inherited the richest state to recruit. I’d say 3 years is enough to see major progress when speaking about Texas. Hate to say it but I see a lot of similarities between us and Texas as to how both play on game days. Very undisciplined and very unmotivated at times.

I’ve said it before, THIS will be the biggest off-season for Frost. Another losing season and nobody but Moos will be pulling for him.
I was being a smartass and comparing the situation to Frost. Many fans think Frost needs 9 years to turn it around. That is bullshit and hopefully this is an eye opener for Frost. In this day and age, people aren't playing games anymore. And I fully agree with your post.

So I take it you think this is a good move for Texas? Firing your coach is always a good move and always turns out well and Texas is the model for good decisions on things like this?
Herman should have received one more year considering who they probably will replace him with. As far as firing coaches, yes it does work out some of the time. The current top 10 is littered with teams who don't regret firing their head coaches in the past. They just weren't stupid enough to keep them around forever when it was clearly not working.

Makes you wonder when its going to catch up with them in recruiting.
UT is the flagship university in a state with abundant talent and situated in a town that sells itself to recruits. They will always pull in big-time talent, no matter how crappy the product on the field.

UT is the flagship university in a state with abundant talent and situated in a town that sells itself to recruits. They will always pull in big-time talent, no matter how crappy the product on the field.
Maybe thats the problem. Kids are going to UT for reasons other than football.

Reactions: 54T
Talk radio during the OSU/Clem game mentioned Sarkisian is supposedly head coach in waiting at Alabama, no sense turning that down, even for Tejas, if true.

Edit: looks like their source was way off. Congrats Texas RollingLaugh

Last edited:
Reactions: scarletred
Maybe thats the problem. Kids are going to UT for reasons other than football.
I think distractions are a bigger challenge at schools like Miami, USC and UT than many people realize. With the right coach UT can turn it around pretty quickly, but clearly that's no simple task. Since 1970 the Whorns have only won the NC twice. With the wealth of resources at their fingertips that is appalling.

Living here in Washington I think I maybe more familiar with Sark than the rest of you. He drove my Husky brother crazy when he was at UDub. He never could settle in on an offense. His play calling could be baffling (Oh by the way. It was not a secret even then that Sark had a drinking problem. USC did a terrible job vetting before they hired him). He was 46-35 as a head coach. Never went to a major bowl. Sounds a lot like Herman to me. Are people going to think just because he has hung out in Tuscaloosa with Nick and given up drinking (which is a great achievement) that it will be automatic that Sark will duplicate Alabama's success in Austin?

Agree, but there are no signs of any hope that Frost has the intelligence and intuition to turn this around. No staff changes have been made and no transfer QB , no new wr transfers. Our weaknesses is coaching, WR, QB, lb and s.

Texas is retarded. The only guy you make that move for is Urban. Herman was finally putting together a scary-looking offense and then they get rid of him. The defense needed some work but even that was coming around by the end of the year. This is almost as bad as us firing Pelini and replacing him with Mike Riley.

There's more going on here than on the field with regards to Herman, ask your wives who Kendra Scott is....
dose he wear a MAGA hat in his basement?
I thought it was just continuing to start the same qb for years and expecting different results

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT