ADVERTISEMENT

Tom Herman fired

I've always thought he was a good coach. I didn't necessarily like the guy from some of the things he's said over the years but I think he's a solid coach. Man I would give my right one for NU to have their RB.
I agree he is a good coach, I saw a toughness come back to Texas that has been missing since towards the end of Macks run and the kids played a lot harder for Tom. The problem is they would lose a game or two almost every year they had no business losing and ultimately that gets you run. He did win a Sugar Bowl though...

Don't think Frost has the ability to "turn it around". Not with his present staff !
No. Not Frost or his present staff. Mostly Frost. If he did, he would have at least pointed it in the right direction. 3-5 in year three, is far from that. So...No way in hell. Give him another three or four.? Still won't happen. One year from now, we will still be talking about turning it around. He has proven to be beyond a bust in year three, so give him his extra year or two because he is an alum, and move the hell on.

Reactions: oldjar07
Only 2 good teams on the schedule, maybe 3 if Michigan figures it out...otherwise the same mediocre teams we always play...
Illinois - toss up
Buffalo - toss up
OU - L
Michigan St. - toss up
OSU - L
Northwestern - L
Purdue - toss up
Michigan - L
Iowa - L
SE Louisiana - W
Wisconsin - L
Minnesota - toss up

I got us winning 2 or 3 of those toss ups which is either 3-9 or 4-8. Best case? 6 wins. Sorry man but I have no reason to believe next year will be any different than the previous 3 years under Scott.

• Haha
Reactions: scarletred
Illinois - toss up
Buffalo - toss up
OU - L
Michigan St. - toss up
OSU - L
Northwestern - L
Purdue - toss up
Michigan - L
Iowa - L
SE Louisiana - W
Wisconsin - L
Minnesota - toss up

I got us winning 2 or 3 of those toss ups which is either 3-9 or 4-8. Best case? 6 wins. Sorry man but I have no reason to believe next year will be any different than the previous 3 years under Scott.
Still not a hard schedule, I didn't comment on coaching lol

Reactions: TheNewNU
Frost/Nebraska should go after Herman as an OC/QB coach.

Absolutely the first thing I thought of. He won't stay unemployed for long and will certainly get a head coach position but at least we can ask about an offensive coordinator job here. I just hope he doesn't end up at northwestern

I Recall in the Oklahoma game Texas had a field goal in overtime to win Make that FG, beat Oklahoma and Herman probably stays employed

Wonder if they have some disgruntled recruites we could flip.

Notice Texas was the only bowl school who brought their cheerleaders.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT