ADVERTISEMENT

Tom Dempsey dies of Corona virus

bigboxes

Nebraska Legend
Sep 4, 2004
Arlington, TX
https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/05/us/tom-dempsey-nfl-kicker-dies-coronavirus-trnd/index.html

200405083200-01-tom-dempsey-saints-exlarge-169.jpg

Ugh. He died from coronavirus but he's been in a rest home for 7 years due to dementia. No further comment.

There are a lot of reports like this. The cause of death is listed as the virus. It used to be said of pneumonia. But when they passed, it was generally listed as natural causes. Guess if pneumonia is natural and C19 is not, they called it."complications of Covid 19"

I remember the kick, does that make me old as well?

There are a lot of reports like this. The cause of death is listed as the virus. It used to be said of pneumonia. But when they passed, it was generally listed as natural causes. Guess if pneumonia is natural and C19 is not, they called it."complications of Covid 19"

I remember the kick, does that make me old as well?
Yeah when you test positive for a virus that kills people via viral pneumonia that's generally gonna be listed as your cause of death when you die of pneumonia. Turns out breathing is really important.

Yeah when you test positive for a virus that kills people via viral pneumonia that's generally gonna be listed as your cause of death when you die of pneumonia. Turns out breathing is really important.

If you have AIDS and you get a cold, it can kill you. Do they report that as a death attributed to the common cold? Nope, its attributed to AIDS.

Reactions: Swiv3D
This is why politics forcing it's way with this disease sucks. We should be celebrating the life of Tom Dempsey, but instead we're tip toeing around about whether or not the reporting is fake news that is pushing an agenda. Not calling anyone out just speaking in general.

@kaz36 delete this if you feel it should be. Just thinking out loud :/

Reactions: bigboxes
This is why politics forcing it's way with this disease sucks. We should be celebrating the life of Tom Dempsey, but instead we're tip toeing around about whether or not the reporting is fake news that is pushing an agenda. Not calling anyone out just speaking in general.

@kaz36 delete this if you feel it should be. Just thinking out loud :/
I agree. If we wanna talk CV19, there’s a thread for that. Let’s put that in hold here and celebrate the life of Dempsey in this one.

He's way before my time, but did he wear the kicking shoe? When I was in HS, our kicker had one of those kicking shoes and it was fun as hell to mess around with. We'd stay after practice and see how long of FG we could make. Normally I could bang through about a 40 yarder. Hit from almost 50 with the kicking shoe (Running Start).

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT