ADVERTISEMENT

Tom Brady is the GOAT

You think Rogers and Manning are better than Brady??? My god you’re an insult to football. Rogers/Manning are all stats, the only stat that matters is Ws/Ls. Brady is a winner.
So. By your brilliant all about SB wins rational. Doug Williams with 1 SB win is better than Dan Marino and Jim Kelly? 0. I know...not your era right?? Lol

Reactions: Herbert Husker
Then Im sure youre going to give credit for Rodgers one super bowl win to the packers defense, right? Since they were good that year?

How about the years 12, 14, 15, 19? All good defenses.

Brady certainly took advantage of good defenses, but he also helped make good defenses by not being stupid with the football. He was what drove that entire team.
Other QBs might have better arms, ect. But he is the GOAT QB as a football player.
If Aaron Rodgers played in the AFC East when the Dolphins, Jets, and Bills were terrible for two decades and had the same rosters that Brady had, he would’ve earned home field advantage every year, made it to a dozen Super Bowls, and won more than half of them.

If Brady’s defenses gave up 26 ppg in the playoffs like Rodgers’ have he wouldn’t have even won three rings.

Reactions: stonesak
She’s hot, no doubt. And Tom’s a cool customer. I actually like him a lot. But he’s overrated.

Can anyone say what he does special? What’s the best play Tom Brady has ever made? Because Rodgers has about 50 that are better than anything Brady’s done. Only difference is Rodgers’ defenses give up 35 in big playoff games and Brady’s give up 17.
What really matters is who has the most Super Bowl wins .

BTW, saw this stat, Brady makes Championship game at 74% clip. Name another qb please that has this absurd rate please?

Mahomes

Rookie year - miss
2nd year - lost because Dee Ford couldn’t line up (Brady got bailed out)
3rd year - Yup, Super Bowl
4th year - Back, hopefully he plays next week

Although I'm not a big fan of Brady, it's hard to argue his rings and success. He's had plenty of years with not much offensive talent around him. Dude knows how to win and makes plays when the game is on the line. Lots of face palm in this thread.....

For years I was in the Manning camp as the best I had ever seen. And I go back to The days of Bart Star and Fran Tarkington. I refused to consider that Brady was on that level. I was wrong! It’s Tom and not even close. He’s like a 500 year flood. A person is lucky to see that greatness in a lifetime.

Last edited:
To be fair. Elway led his team to 3 super bowls in the 80s. Lost with no D. Gets a running game. Wins 2. 5 Super bowls. Pretty damn good. Same for Jim Kelly going to 4 straight.
Oh yeah he was great. Retired on top too. I’m just saying you can make fake little quibbles with just about everyone’s resumé

Ok. So. You have no clue what you're talking about junior. Pouts like a bitch?? Brady says hold my deflated balls. Cheating at New England? Ball deflating?. Hello
Ok Senior, was born in 89 so yes I really didn’t start watching nfl till late 90s but I’ll take your shade. Deflated balls? Like I said Brady is a winner, winners find a way. I’ll leave your love affair with A Aron alone, I’m off to find the clues you suggested I have none of, bye.

If Aaron Rodgers played in the AFC East when the Dolphins, Jets, and Bills were terrible for two decades and had the same rosters that Brady had, he would’ve earned home field advantage every year, made it to a dozen Super Bowls, and won more than half of them.

If Brady’s defenses gave up 26 ppg in the playoffs like Rodgers’ have he wouldn’t have even won three rings.

If my aunt had balls she’d be my uncle.

Brady will go down as the Goat because he has six super bowl wins so far. That's the only stat people will care about 20 years from now. Brees and Rodgers are great, but they only have one ring. You can argue all you want about stats and level of talent surrounding players, but the fact is Brady was able to win more times in the playoffs than anyone else.

Reactions: TampaBaySkers
If my aunt had balls she’d be my uncle.
Part of being a sports fan is having discussions about who the best players are. If your only measure for better player is wins, first it’s boring. Second it’s simple minded. You have to account for circumstances to have an honest discussion about it.

I’ll give you a pass because you’re seemingly biased as a Tampa Bay fan. But your argument is essentially that Trent Dilfer was a better QB than Dan Marino.

Can you even begin to imagine how happy the NFL is tight now? They got every matchup they were dreaming about next weekend....their next round of wishful thinking is a Brady vs. Mahomes SB.

Part of being a sports fan is having discussions about who the best players are. If your only measure for better player is wins, first it’s boring. Second it’s simple minded. You have to account for circumstances to have an honest discussion about it.

I’ll give you a pass because you’re seemingly biased as a Tampa Bay fan. But your argument is essentially that Trent Dilfer was a better QB than Dan Marino.

Nobody has ever, ever, said that, like, ever. Including tampabayskers

Reactions: TailDragger99
Nobody has ever, ever, said that, like, ever. Including tampabayskers
The only argument you guys make for Brady being the GOAT is having the most rings. He doesn’t do anything special as a QB and he usually underperforms in the playoffs but gets bailed out by good defenses or sheer luck.

Take last night for example. The only thing we hear about is Tom Brady this, Tom Brady that. His defense obviously won that game though. When the Broncos won a few years ago all the talk was their defense, not Manning (and rightfully so).

I agree wins aren’t the only measure. It’s just not a good look when all your arguments begin with IF.

If I had a cannon arm to match my 4.1 speed then I’d be the GOAT.

Reactions: Joedaly
I agree wins aren’t the only measure. It’s just not a good look when all your arguments begin with IF.

If I had a cannon arm to match my 4.1 speed then I’d be the GOAT.
There’s a difference between saying “If Rodgers had a better arm” and saying “If Rodgers had more fortunate external circumstances.”

The only argument you guys make for Brady being the GOAT is having the most rings. He doesn’t do anything special as a QB and he usually underperforms in the playoffs but gets bailed out by good defenses or sheer luck.

Take last night for example. The only thing we hear about is Tom Brady this, Tom Brady that. His defense obviously won that game though. When the Broncos won a few years ago all the talk was their defense, not Manning (and rightfully so).

Brady doesn't just have "more rings"...he has a ton more...it's obscene, he ran out of fingers to put them on and had to go to his second hand, and he was throwing darts last night...what were you watching? He played brilliant with his arm and feet.

Brady doesn't just have "more rings"...he has a ton more...it's obscene, he ran out of fingers to put them on and had to go to his second hand, and he was throwing darts last night...what were you watching? He played brilliant with his arm and feet.
I watched him dink and dunk all night like he’s done his whole career. Underneath pass after underneath pass. 18/33 for 199 yards. So many darts.

If Manning or Rodgers played like that the story would be that he was bailed out by his defense. When Brady does it, “he just knows how to win.”

I watched him dink and dunk all night like he’s done his whole career. Underneath pass after underneath pass. 18/33 for 199 yards. So many darts.

If Manning or Rodgers played like that the story would be that he was bailed out by his defense. When Brady does it, “he just knows how to win.”

Mostly yes. Nothing wrong with taking what the defense gives you. He had huge darts when Bucs needed them. Also had a beautiful ball to Godwin that was dropped for TD.

Mostly yes. Nothing wrong with taking what the defense gives you. He had huge darts when Bucs needed them. Also had a beautiful ball to Godwin that was dropped for TD.
He overthrew that ball to Godwin. He was wide open and forced him to lay out for it, and he damn near made the miraculous catch.

Perfect example of how the standard is lowered for Brady compared to the QBs who are better than him.

He overthrew that ball to Godwin. He was wide open and forced him to lay out for it, and he damn near made the miraculous catch.

Perfect example of how the standard is lowered for Brady compared to the QBs who are better than him.

Ha wasn’t overthrown. Was a great ball and Godwin said he should of caught it.

Not sure why I’m even debating you. You already lost all credibility when you said Bellichick had a better season than Brady.

Ha wasn’t overthrown. Was a great ball and Godwin said he should of caught it.

Not sure why I’m even debating you. You already lost all credibility when you said Bellichick had a better season than Brady.
If you want to be considered an elite receiver you need to catch those. It would’ve been an incredible catch though. I believe the reason he dropped it is because he was focused on dragging the second foot, which he impressively did, but then lost the ball when hitting the ground.

If you want to be considered the greatest QB ever, you need to make sure your receiver doesn’t have to lay out for a ball where he has two yards of separation on the defender.

Last edited:
In the playoffs alone Brady has engineered 9 4th qyr comebacks and 13 game winning drives... Yeah , Brady doesn't do anything....
He definitely is cool under pressure. Probably his greatest attribute. Part of the reason he needed so many comebacks is because he stunk it up for three quarters, though.

He's played in 43 playoff games (thanks AFC East, thanks Belichick, thanks defenses, thanks Randy Moss, thanks Rob Gronkowski) and has played great in about nine of them. Rodgers on the other hand has played in 19 playoff games and has played great in about eight of them.

Team sport.

By the way, has nobody noticed his suspiciously rejuvenated arm strength this year? He's certainly throwing with more zip than last year when he wasted the second best defense in NFL history by finishing the year 2-4, but he might even be throwing with more zip than he has his entire career. At age 43.

Hmmm....

He definitely is cool under pressure. Probably his greatest attribute. Part of the reason he needed so many comebacks is because he stunk it up for three quarters, though.

He's played in 43 playoff games (thanks AFC East, thanks Belichick, thanks defenses, thanks Randy Moss, thanks Rob Gronkowski) and has played great in about nine of them. Rodgers on the other hand has played in 19 playoff games and has played great in about eight of them.

Team sport.

GOAT’s don’t go 7-9 then follow it up with a 6-9 record. Rodgers is a great qb, but no Brady. Brady is the 🐐.

Yeah dude the reason Rodgers doesn’t have more rings is because the Lions, Vikings, and Bears have been so awesome.

Three touchdown “drives” combined for 63 yards. Yet another example of his team winning a playoff game when he didn’t have to do squat. Story of his career.
I kinda of agree. Brady is a great QB, but all this GOAT talk conveniently overlooks the incredibly supporting cast he always seems to have around him, not to mention Belichick, who is one of the greatest coaches of all time. If Brady has a super power it was putting up with Belichick for so long.

Reactions: Herbert Husker
Brady is a nice story, but the Bucs have zero chance against the Pack. It could get out of hand.

Everyone wants to see Mahomes v Rodgers.

Yeah dude the reason Rodgers doesn’t have more rings is because the Lions, Vikings, and Bears have been so awesome.
Vikings alone make it a better division than the Patriots’. An extra loss to a division foe can be the difference between home field advantage and not even having a bye.

AFC East is just one thing that helped Brady. I’d say the biggest difference between the two is the defenses they’ve had for most of their careers. Easier to have a 4th quarter comeback when you’re down 17-14 than when you’re down 31-21.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT