ADVERTISEMENT

Tom Brady is the GOAT

Tom Brady’s playoff stats from his first three Super Bowl runs:

217 passing yards per game
1.2 passing TDs per game
Defense allowed 17 ppg

From that point on the narrative was set. He could do no wrong. Never gets blamed when they lose. Always gets credit when they win.

Tom Brady’s playoff stats from his first three Super Bowl runs:

217 passing yards per game
1.2 passing TDs per game
Defense allowed 17 ppg

From that point on the narrative was set. He could do no wrong. Never gets blamed when they lose. Always gets credit when they win.
aaaaaaand then he had 6 more super bowl runs?

Tampa sucked before Tom and now they are in the championship. The guy knows how to win and make those around him believe in winning. And you throw out stats? Tom Brady scores when he needs to. You never feel like you are out of it with him as qb.
They didn’t suck. They were pretty good but suffered from Winston throwing too many picks. Had a loaded roster though. I’ll give it to Tom. He’s better than Winston at avoiding turnovers.

Yeah, and his wife really isn't very good looking. lol.
She’s hot, no doubt. And Tom’s a cool customer. I actually like him a lot. But he’s overrated.

Can anyone say what he does special? What’s the best play Tom Brady has ever made? Because Rodgers has about 50 that are better than anything Brady’s done. Only difference is Rodgers’ defenses give up 35 in big playoff games and Brady’s give up 17.

Reactions: HBK4life
She’s hot, no doubt. And Tom’s a cool customer. I actually like him a lot. But he’s overrated.

Can anyone say what he does special? What’s the best play Tom Brady has ever made? Because Rodgers has about 50 that are better than anything Brady’s done. Only difference is Rodgers’ defenses give up 35 in big playoff games and Brady’s give up 17.

By far his biggest talent (besides hittin underwear super models) is winning Super Bowls.

So I guess that makes him marginally better than anyone else to ever do it? There are HOF QBs to never make a super bowl. Let alone nine times with six wins.
There are a handful of QBs who would’ve won more if they were in his situation. Godawful AFC East for 20 years, great coach, great defenses, a few years with the second best receiver of all time, and a few more with the best tight end of all time.

Remember when Matt Cassel started for the first time since high school and led them to 11 wins?

There are a handful of QBs who would’ve won more if they were in his situation. Godawful AFC East for 20 years, great coach, great defenses, a few years with the second best receiver of all time, and a few more with the best tight end of all time.

Remember when Matt Cassel started for the first time since high school and led them to 11 wins?

Pretty sure you just admitted you have to win 12 games sometimes to even make the playoffs....where a certain somebody has won twice as many games as eveeyone else

Hahaha.. woulda coulda shoulda.

A few people said Brady wasn’t great.. it was all Belichick. Wrong on that one as well.

Hahaha.. woulda coulda shoulda.

A few people said Brady wasn’t great.. it was all Belichick. Wrong on that one as well.
Belichick was more impressive than Brady this year.

Brady added 4 wins to a talented team by cutting down on Winston’s interceptions. The Patriots had a QB who couldn’t throw, zero offensive weapons, and a defense that opted out because of COVID. They should’ve been the worst team in the NFL.

Why do you think Brady left New England when he did?

Pretty sure you just admitted you have to win 12 games sometimes to even make the playoffs....where a certain somebody has won twice as many games as eveeyone else
He’s better than Cassel. Not a high bar.

Brady is definitely a top 10 QB of all time. I’d maybe put him top 5, but really I don’t like comparing eras. In his era, at least Rodgers and Manning were better than him. Maybe Brees, though I think he’s overrated too as he benefits from the Payton system.

Belichick was more impressive than Brady this year.

Brady added 4 wins to a talented team by cutting down on Winston’s interceptions. The Patriots had a QB who couldn’t throw, zero offensive weapons, and a defense that opted out because of COVID. They should’ve been the worst team in the NFL.

Why do you think Brady left New England when he did?

You must think Frost is kicking ass then 😂.

Reactions: zrob
They didn’t suck. They were pretty good but suffered from Winston throwing too many picks. Had a loaded roster though. I’ll give it to Tom. He’s better than Winston at avoiding turnovers.
That’s the best compliment you can give to Tom? He is better than Jamies Winston at avoiding turnovers? The guy wins all the time, no matter what team or organization. For 20 years. Will go down as the most famous qb ever. Still might play another 5 plus years. And The best you can say is well he is better than that guy who steals crab legs.

Favre is so damn overrated.

His best season was arguably his Vikings season that ended on a very farve-esq pick.

Favre is so damn overrated.

His best season was arguably his Vikings season that ended on a very farve-esq pick.
Well, besides the three straight MVP seasons. he was at least entertaining. If he had the ball you knew it was going to be interesting.... either save the day or throw a back breaking pick.

That’s the best compliment you can give to Tom? He is better than Jamies Winston at avoiding turnovers? The guy wins all the time, no matter what team or organization. For 20 years. Will go down as the most famous qb ever. Still might play another 5 plus years. And The best you can say is well he is better than that guy who steals crab legs.

Funny story I bought some crab legs at Publix today...

Winston-Crablegs2_0.jpg

He’s better than Cassel. Not a high bar.

Brady is definitely a top 10 QB of all time. I’d maybe put him top 5, but really I don’t like comparing eras. In his era, at least Rodgers and Manning were better than him. Maybe Brees, though I think he’s overrated too as he benefits from the Payton system.
You think Rogers and Manning are better than Brady??? My god you’re an insult to football. Rogers/Manning are all stats, the only stat that matters is Ws/Ls. Brady is a winner.

Reactions: BrighteRed24
So. Terry Bradshaw with 4 SB wins and Troy Aikman with 3 are better QBs than Manning and Rodgers??
Seriously. All these people think they’re so wise when all they’re really doing is caveman’s work.

“Who wins more? They’re better!”

Rodgers has terrible defenses every year. Brady doesn’t. That’s the difference in their careers.

Seriously. All these people think they’re so wise when all they’re really doing is caveman’s work.

Rodgers has terrible defenses every year. Brady doesn’t. That’s the difference in their careers.
Right. Those Steel Curtain defenses with Franco Harris had nothing to do with all the Steelers SB wins. All Bradshaw. Aikman with an all time great O line and Emmitt Smith along with great D had nothing to do with Cowboys 3. All QB right?? Winners!! 😆

Peyton Manning had two HOF WRs and a HOF running back. A HOF coach. A terrible division, ect. Big Ben has a HOF coach, had a HOF running back his first few years, a few different HOF caliber WRs. Montana had HOF guys all over the team and the best WR of all time. Elway didn’t win anything until he got Terrell Davis and that O-line. Brees has had tons of weapons and a great coach and defense in a very inconsistent division. You can play these games to minimize accomplishments and credit other teammates and coaches with anyone. No one has been as successful as him. Yeah Brady wasn’t the best QB in the league his first super bowl or two. But then he won several several several more?

Well, besides the three straight MVP seasons. he was at least entertaining. If he had the ball you knew it was going to be interesting.... either save the day or throw a back breaking pick.
He didnt deserve three mvps.

Over rated.

Certainly a good player and did some good things.

I just cant fathom how his name ever comes up in the GOAT discussion. He’s no where near the same page.

Its like arguing the best rock band of all time and someone throwing out “Def Leppard!”

So. Terry Bradshaw with 4 SB wins and Troy Aikman with 3 are better QBs than Manning and Rodgers??
Never watched Bradshaw or aikman play, not my era, but I’d take those 2 vs Manning/Rogers in any competition from beer bonging to cage fighting. Manning was a know it all who btw won his last super bowl with an elite defense and a limp noodle of an arm, what’s your boner over Rogers? Pouts like a bitch

Then Im sure youre going to give credit for Rodgers one super bowl win to the packers defense, right? Since they were good that year?

How about the years 12, 14, 15, 19? All good defenses.

Brady certainly took advantage of good defenses, but he also helped make good defenses by not being stupid with the football. He was what drove that entire team.
Other QBs might have better arms, ect. But he is the GOAT QB as a football player.

Maybe Brady’s best skill was knowing he took enough money to be well paid but not so much his weapons on defense could still get paid and keep scores off the board.

QB’s taking up a ton of cash don’t allow the other parts of the team to all get paid and stay. Will see about how KC does it with Mahomes. But for so many teams, something has to give.

He didnt deserve three mvps.

Over rated.

Certainly a good player and did some good things.

I just cant fathom how his name ever comes up in the GOAT discussion. He’s no where near the same page.

Its like arguing the best rock band of all time and someone throwing out “Def Leppard!”
I don’t think people are arguing he’s the GOAT. And he probably deserved those MVPs, he was on another level for a short period. Two Super Bowls appearances and an NFC title game. I would be happy to consider who else you think deserved them... the last one was shared with Barry Sanders.

edit- people might overvalue him because of the iron man aspect of his career. Which is pretty insane, but a different argument.

Never watched Bradshaw or aikman play, not my era, but I’d take those 2 vs Manning/Rogers in any competition from beer bonging to cage fighting. Manning was a know it all who btw won his last super bowl with an elite defense and a limp noodle of an arm, what’s your boner over Rogers? Pouts like a bitch
Ok. So. You have no clue what you're talking about junior. Pouts like a bitch?? Brady says hold my deflated balls. Cheating at New England? Ball deflating?. Hello

Last edited:
Peyton Manning had two HOF WRs and a HOF running back. A HOF coach. A terrible division, ect. Big Ben has a HOF coach, had a HOF running back his first few years, a few different HOF caliber WRs. Montana had HOF guys all over the team and the best WR of all time. Elway didn’t win anything until he got Terrell Davis and that O-line. Brees has had tons of weapons and a great coach and defense in a very inconsistent division. You can play these games to minimize accomplishments and credit other teammates and coaches with anyone. No one has been as successful as him. Yeah Brady wasn’t the best QB in the league his first super bowl or two. But then he won several several several more?
To be fair. Elway led his team to 3 super bowls in the 80s. Lost with no D. Gets a running game. Wins 2. 5 Super bowls. Pretty damn good. Same for Jim Kelly going to 4 straight.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT