Tokyo Olympics

rgrachek

Head Coach
Gold Member
Dec 2, 2004
It just seems kind of silly considering that we played baseball and football last season, that with the empty stands, they could have just had the Olympics last year as planned. The vaccination rate in Japan is still at around 30%.

Reactions: tontolen

RVAHusker

Defensive Coordinator
Gold Member
Jan 5, 2015
Bennington NE
Yeah. For all the protests here to open stuff up, they are having protests to close things down. Asians are much different than the US about this stuff.
I have business in the Philippines and they have been on mask and face shield mandates since it started, locked down thier “counties” and didn’t allow people without authorization to travel…. They just went back to that level this week. Thier crazy ass President said get the vaccine or go to jail. He’s also the guy that’s killing drug dealers…. You deal you die…

Husker Priapism

Nebraska Legend
Gold Member
Jan 23, 2008
I have business in the Philippines and they have been on mask and face shield mandates since it started, locked down thier “counties” and didn’t allow people without authorization to travel…. They just went back to that level this week. Thier crazy ass President said get the vaccine or go to jail. He’s also the guy that’s killing drug dealers…. You deal you die…
The Philippines’ Gold medalist in weight lifting won’t return to the country because she is fearful of him killing her…. He is a nut

VMann187

Redshirt Freshman
Gold Member
Apr 3, 2006
E Town, S Carolina
Do you speak Tagalog?

rgrachek

Head Coach
Gold Member
Dec 2, 2004
They almost canceled it two weeks ago. You honestly think they would have ever considered hosting it last year? That was an impossibility.
Maybe so for them, but all I was pointing out is that with empty stands, nothing has really changed from last year.

The big fraud in Asia in general is that somehow they've managed to have 5% of the cases the rest of the world has had through some kind of miracle system of masking and limiting travel.

There have been just as many if not more cases of COVID in Asia as in Europe and the Western Hemisphere, they just don't test as much and don't report it. The sad thing is that it gives dumb people in the west a notion that there actually is a way that we can reduce transmission with freaking masks, which is a joke.

gmoore1

Junior
Gold Member
Feb 5, 2003
Lakewood Ranch, FL
Maybe so for them, but all I was pointing out is that with empty stands, nothing has really changed from last year.

The big fraud in Asia in general is that somehow they've managed to have 5% of the cases the rest of the world has had through some kind of miracle system of masking and limiting travel.

There have been just as many if not more cases of COVID in Asia as in Europe and the Western Hemisphere, they just don't test as much and don't report it. The sad thing is that it gives dumb people in the west a notion that there actually is a way that we can reduce transmission with freaking masks, which is a joke.
Thanks for the thorough evidence. Pretty persuasive.

steelclaw

Nebraska Legend
Gold Member
Aug 1, 2005

Masking helps a tiny bit, not a lot. The people who severely overrate the efficacy of masking are probably causing as much harm as anyone. People need to read the science themselves. Don’t listen to journalist interpretations or politicians.

nhajek

Junior
Gold Member
Aug 21, 2004

What has changed from a year ago - and it's a big change - is that now it's likely that the majority of the competitors, judges, volunteers, etc. etc. have been vaccinated.

argon

Head Coach
Gold Member
Feb 11, 2002

You don’t think having vaccinated athletes made a difference? Ok

Huskerbeast

Defensive Coordinator
Gold Member
Apr 13, 2014
For average men it would have to involve strength.
Men could beat almost all women pound for pound in weight lifting and possibly wrestling.
Where skill, speed and conditioning plays a a part good luck to the average guy.

rgrachek

Head Coach
Gold Member
Dec 2, 2004
Thanks for the thorough evidence. Pretty persuasive.
What kind of evidence are you looking for. That the governments of these countries actually keep track of things and are hiding it?

The position I'm taking is based on pure logic. Masks protocols and shutdowns have done almost nothing in the west to stop the transmission of the virus. Data from regions where mask mandates and shutdowns were implemented compared to regions where they weren't shows virtually no difference in transmission.

But somehow we are to believe that the Asians, all the way from Japan and China to Bangladesh, have somehow figured out how to stop the spread?

What's really funny is that in China, a country of 1.5 billion people, they somehow figured out a way to only have a little over 100,000 cases and 5,000 deaths from a virus that they created, but at the same time, they're vaccinating their entire population (around 50% to date) against this thing that they apparently have under control.

What a freaking joke!

ThomOsborneMD

Head Coach
Gold Member
Jul 28, 2017
What kind of evidence are you looking for. That the governments of these countries actually keep track of things and are hiding it?

The position I'm taking is based on pure logic. Masks protocols and shutdowns have done almost nothing in the west to stop the transmission of the virus. Data from regions where mask mandates and shutdowns were implemented compared to regions where they weren't shows virtually no difference in transmission.

But somehow we are to believe that the Asians, all the way from Japan and China to Bangladesh, have somehow figured out how to stop the spread?

What's really funny is that in China, a country of 1.5 billion people, they somehow figured out a way to only have a little over 100,000 cases and 5,000 deaths from a virus that they created, but at the same time, they're vaccinating their entire population (around 50% to date) against this thing that they apparently have under control.

What a freaking joke!
The joke is knuckle heads like you saying they “created” the virus without evidence of such. But carry on my Qward son

THUSKER

Walk On
Gold Member
Dec 14, 2001
The joke is knuckle heads like you saying they “created” the virus without evidence of such. But carry on my Qward son
Ok just a second. What evidence do you have it wasn’t created in a lab. Results are inconclusive with aspect of synthetic generation and natural. He is also accurate that mask have a limited impact on transmission. It does however reduce transmission by about 5% last I saw. So what exactly makes his position so less acceptable then yours?

argon

Head Coach
Gold Member
Feb 11, 2002
Ok just a second. What evidence do you have it wasn’t created in a lab. Results are inconclusive with aspect of synthetic generation and natural. He is also accurate that mask have a limited impact on transmission. It does however reduce transmission by about 5% last I saw. So what exactly makes his position so less acceptable then yours?
What proof do you have that it wasn't Martians? Also, screw China.

nhajek

Junior
Gold Member
Aug 21, 2004

What a freaking joke!
The joke is that you believe China's reporting of COVID cases and deaths.

rgrachek

Head Coach
Gold Member
Dec 2, 2004
Oh, I'm sorry that I offended your Chinese friends, you know, the people who shut down travel in their country when this thing broke out but continued to let people fly unabated to everywhere else around the world! You know, the people who are still telling us that they have only had around 100k COVID cases and only about 100 have died since April of last year.

The evidence is really clear that this started in the lab and the only knuckleheads are the people like you who have your heads in the sand while you dream about having a CCP like government in the USA. The only theory that has NO evidence is the wet market lie.

• Haha
Reactions: Husker06

rgrachek

Head Coach
Gold Member
Dec 2, 2004
The joke is that you believe China's reporting of COVID cases and deaths.
What's even funnier is that when I pointed out what a fraud the Chinese numbers are, you read what I wrote and concluded that I believed the Chinese numbers!

Wow. I say that something is a lie, and you conclude that I said that the same thing is true. Now that makes sense!

Husker06

Nebraska Legend
Gold Member
Jun 9, 2004
Masking helps a tiny bit, not a lot. The people who severely overrate the efficacy of masking are probably causing as much harm as anyone. People need to read the science themselves. Don’t listen to journalist interpretations or politicians.
This basically sums up ‘Muricans. Where would we find this science and what makes us qualified to interpret it?

rgrachek

Head Coach
Gold Member
Dec 2, 2004
There's a lot of evidence that there was a bunch of gain of function research going on with SARS virus' in Wuhan, the place where by some wild coincidence this all started. There is also evidence that safety was a big concern at that lab and that the research was being funded in part by the US government through Fauci and his organization.

What there is no evidence on however, no research, no sampling, only a story made up is the tome about the wet market in Wuhan. That's a whopper and we all know it, a cover story that was quickly made up to hide other things.

One question though. How could we do any credible research during the past 18 months that would lead to any reliable conclusion that masks reduce transmission by 5%? Especially since we have no idea what the real transmission profile of this stuff is in a multi-variant set of environments? That's like estimating that a building weighs 12,394.7372 tons by just looking at it.

What we do know is that the number of people in say California per capita reported infected (9.8%) is actually about the same as Georgia (10.3%), despite the fact that California was closed for a long time and still is in many cases while Georgia has been essentially open since about May 1 of 2020.

Also, we are down from around 12,000 cases a day in January in Georgia to around 2,000 cases a day. Deaths are down from around 150 a day to now around 8 a day.

rgrachek

Head Coach
Gold Member
Dec 2, 2004
You people are thee absolute worst. How do you argue with a person who believes in conspiracy theories? It’s impossible.
Almost everyone in the government and the media is now on board with the Wuhan Lab as the almost certain source. Calling it a conspiracy theory is SOOOOO June 2020.

Reactions: ad22022

steelclaw

Nebraska Legend
Gold Member
Aug 1, 2005
This basically sums up ‘Muricans. Where would we find this science and what makes us qualified to interpret it?
We are definitely as qualified as non-science journalists or politicians at interpreting the science. Anyway. I’ve never been anti-mask. It’s just that we have a dangerous amount of people who think that they impart some spacesuit level of protection from a virus with such complex modes of transmission.

rgrachek

Head Coach
Gold Member
Dec 2, 2004
That’s such an insanely inaccurate generalization. And since when do we believe government and media 😂
No it's really not. It's just not the narrative you like. OK, you don't believe the government or the media. Who do you believe then?

As the facts come out, logic is beginning to overcome narratives that certain people want. :cool:

And another thing, please explain to be how the virus evolved from a bat cave 800 miles from Wuhan and ended up in a wet market, where it somehow jumped from a dead animal to a human, because the people I have asked at the CDC don't seem to know. But they do know how a gain of function experiment could infect a staffer, then the sick staffer could pass it on to others.

tb233

Graduate Assistant
Gold Member
Dec 13, 2017
No it's really not. It's just not the narrative you like. OK, you don't believe the government or the media. Who do you believe then?

As the facts come out, logic is beginning to overcome narratives that certain people want. :cool:

And another thing, please explain to be how the virus evolved from a bat cave 800 miles from Wuhan and ended up in a wet market, where it somehow jumped from a dead animal to a human, because the people I have asked at the CDC don't seem to know. But they do know how a gain of function experiment could infect a staffer, then the sick staffer could pass it on to others.

It's just funny that you cite the government and media as credible entities because it suits whatever argument you're trying to make here.

But when it comes to voting you're singing a completely different tune.

Reactions: ThomOsborneMD

argon

Head Coach
Gold Member
Feb 11, 2002

I am confused as to the end game in your argument here......obviously the virus emanated from China, so, their inability to contain it should lay blame squarely on them....not sure what the debate is there. Are you trying to say that Fauci created this, seriously - that he is culpable here?

Last edited:

rgrachek

Head Coach
Gold Member
Dec 2, 2004
It's just funny that you cite the government and media as credible entities because it suits whatever argument you're trying to make here.

But when it comes to voting you're singing a completely different tune.
I think you're looking at it the wrong way.

I formulate what I think the way that most decent people do, they look at facts, data, and the logic of it all and come to conclusions independent of what other people think. I think that my positions on the cluster that was voting 2020 are clear and were not formed based on what other people think. Others will certainly agree with what my position is, but that has nothing to do with how I formulate my opinions.

Sometimes the government position and the media spin agrees, sometimes it doesn't. I generally don't really care and I don't try to justify what I think based solely on what other people think. You have many people on the left and right who believe things just because someone who they respect says so, despite the fact that they have no clue. Some people also drop names because it fits their agenda. Not me. You'll never hear me say I believe something because some scientist, author, government official, Tucker Carlson, Victor Davis Hanson, Rachael Maddow, Don Lemon, or anyone else thinks something.

In this case, the point being made here is that the notion that COVID came from the lab has gained widespread acceptance after months of the government covering their collective butts and the media spinning this thing to protect their friends on the left and their masters in China. The facts and the logic has now overwhelmed them and they have no choice but to give up on the stupid wet market story, one that the WHO is still pushing.

• Haha
Reactions: tobermeyer24

ThomOsborneMD

Head Coach
Gold Member
Jul 28, 2017
Oh, I'm sorry that I offended your Chinese friends, you know, the people who shut down travel in their country when this thing broke out but continued to let people fly unabated to everywhere else around the world! You know, the people who are still telling us that they have only had around 100k COVID cases and only about 100 have died since April of last year.

The evidence is really clear that this started in the lab and the only knuckleheads are the people like you who have your heads in the sand while you dream about having a CCP like government in the USA. The only theory that has NO evidence is the wet market lie.
Lol at “the evidence is clear.” I’ll go ahead and trust you on that mr Scientist.

Reactions: Gonzo3705